Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded March 12th and I'm going for my 2nd fill next week, but I wanted to do some comparing as far as how much I eat versus what you all eat at one meal.

I have a sneaky suspsion that I am over-eating and I DO NOT WANT TO STRETCH MY POUCH!!!

Some background about me...my nutritionist says I CAN and SHOULD eat whole-grain breads and pastas but in moderation according my my diet serving sizes.

I am interested in how much you eat portion wise and what types of things you eat.

Thanks!!!

Less than a cup of food at any one sitting. Stretching your pouch is a myth. Best wishes!!!

I am only a few weeks post-op and eat alot I feel... but still so much less than I used to. I too am worried about stretching but know as I get adjusted my portion sizes will continue to decrease to that of the ideal bandster. I suggest nutrisystem to help get portions under control. I try and eat 3/4 of the nutrisystem meal... between 4-6 oz. I know I can fit the whole 7-10 oz. but when I take my time the 4-6 can fill me up.

My dietician reccommends the whole wheat options as well. Moderation is key. For example, if I have the whole wheat bread at SubWay, I can dig out some of the extra bread and supplement it with some more veggies.

Shopping at the grocery store has been a nightmare to make sure it is WHOLE GRAIN... not multi-grain, or enriched wheat flour, or things that are there to trick you to into thinking its good.

At each meal, 2-5 ounces of protein; at 1 meal/day, 1/2 cup nonstarchy veggies; at another meal/day, a small serving of fruit. Add 1-2 Protein shakes/day--and that's it. 800-1000 calories, in quantities that amount to <1 cup per meal/snack.

I eat 1/4 to a full cup per meal depending on the day and how tight I feel, I eat what I want (that I am able to eat with my restriction level) Protein first until i am full then I stop I don't push it. I am unable to eat rice and bread and Pasta and few others not because i dont want to or have not tried I am just unable to eat them without pain so I dont...... hope that helps..... before restriction I ate more

...Stretching your pouch is a myth. ...

Really?? Is that right? I thought it was possible to stretch it. Or is that only for the bypass?

i'm 2 years post-op and yes, you CAN stretch your pouch because i have... i even have the xray to prove it! my band was too tight and the food was sitting there too long. thankfully, i was fully healed and my band did not slip but it can and does happen if you're not careful.

since having a slight unfill, i feel like i'm at my "sweet spot". i eat enough to where i feel satisfied. i don't throw up from eating too much and my pouch is back to its normal size.

a typical eating day for me is:

breakfast: Protein shake made with 12oz of skim milk (i'm not a big Breakfast eater).

lunch: small salad (about 1/2 cup) with chicken or turkey (1/4 of the breast)

dinner: 1/2 chicken breast with 1/3 cup of a veggie.

snack: pudding cup, or 100 calorie ice cream bar, or a couple of crackers

I had surgery on 3/10 and I've not needed a fill yet.

I'm eating about 1 cup of food at each meal.

The one cup of food consists of

1/2 c (3-4 oz) Protein,

1/4 cup vegetable

1/4 cup fruit or other carbohydrate

Not all meals are that easy to break down so sometimes the measurements vary. But 1 cup of food pretty much fills me up.

20 oz of Water or non-caloric Fluid between meals helps to keep me full ... usually. :thumbup:

If I've had my 20 oz of liquid and I'm still hungry between meals, I have a small snack, like 1/2 of an apple with 1 tbls Peanut Butter.

I'm beginning to get more hungry so I'll probably need a fill at my next office visit.

I don't know for sure because I don't measure my food. My surgeon's rule is to just not eat for more than 20 minutes, 3 meals per day, and no snacking. This was really hard to do before restriction and so I would add a healthy snack or two and they were fine w/that (just meant I needed a fill). I do know my portions are much much less, though, even though I don't measure. I can only eat one chicken thigh or leg (not two or three like I used to). I can only eat about half the size piece of salmon than I used to. If we get pizza, it has to be thin crust for me and I can usually only eat one piece before I feel stuffed (when I used to be able to eat 4 pieces w/regular crust). Its really quite dramatic and takes time to get used to the smaller serving sizes. There are just a few things I can still eat a lot of... like salad and smoked salmon come to mind (sliders for me). I always have smoked salmon ready for Protein when I am tight.

Is it a total of 4-6 oz. per meal for everything? Prot, veggies, and fruit?

Im just getting started.My surgery was April 8, i have had one fill. I eat well balanced meals and watch my portion sizes most meals.but i have ate more when out to dinner, or if very hungry on a active busy day. i am able to eat more and dont really feel to full. i was thinking a small amount would make me feel full everytime. some days i feel fuller sooner and other days i can eat like normal and dont feel full at all. Should i be concerned?