Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a long year

Jonathan~ I'm so glad you came back home. You know you are always welcome here and NEVER need to have an invitation... The cyber door is always open. I have thought about you several times and wondered would you ever come back... its about time!!!

Sorry its been such a tough year for you. Glad to see you coming back for support!!! Hope things start looking up for you. The good thing about the band is it is always there when you get ready to get back on the band wagon... so pick up that wagon and move forward!!! ((((HUGS)))) So glad your back!!!

Welcome home! Jonathan that was a heartfelt post. I am touched. It's seems, from your post, that you left YOU out of the equation. It's a good time to get in touch with taking care of YOU! Often, work, kids, divorce, school, etc are all #1 priority and the person (you) gets left out. Make time for yourself and welcome back.

Hey Jonathon!

WELCOME HOME!! Your name & face are very familiar to me because my kids go on your "Waisting Away" website all the time to play pacman. :D:(:(

We all completely understand your situation & you are definately in good hands here. We're willing to give you a good kick in the butt too if you need it. I'm sure we all need one now & again.

I have often wondered about you & how you were doing. Thanks for checking in. Hang in there. "If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard!!"

Hi, cousin! (I just made that part up...but since we're family....LOL) I am so impressed that you evaluated your situation, came to some conclusions, and acted on what you saw to be the issue. We all understand your situation...emotional eating, stress, depression. All the reasons you had LapBand surgery in the first place, still exist: your health, the well-being of your children, and things like that. Put them first, now. It always seems easier to motivate for other people, especially our children. That gets me through some times when I think I would be lost on my own. Welcome back, looking forward to our visits! Cindy

Man I love you guys.

FYI: The pictures on my website (waistingaway) are from when I lost weight on my own a couple of years ago. When I gained back all that I'd lost, I decided to have the surgery. The pictures are still there to remind me what I had, and what I can have again.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Knowing and doing aren't easy. I know that I should eat better, I chose not to do it. I know that I want to be thinner, I choose not to take steps to help me get there. It's easy to know something and hard to do it. In my opinion it has to matter enough to you that you CHOOSE to act on what you know. Right now it seems as if the food is more important to me than being thin (i'm prebanded). I'm worried that it always will be more important to me, so i'm choosing to get this tool that will hopefully change my thinking about food. Perhaps for some reason food is more important to you than your weight loss, and you just have to get to the point where you're sick of it and you're priorities have changed. Maybe that's why you posted this post. You had many great lessons in there and hit them right on the head. So now it's your choice. Are you going to post it and go on like you have. Would you rather not lose weight and eat what you like, or would you rather lose weight and risk pbing until you change your eating habits? I'm struggling right now on the liquid diet and haven't held to it, so i'm asking myself the same questions.

Bleh I do not enjoy being factual and harsh but you said that was want you wanted...no onto my normal self.

44 pounds is AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS! You should DEFINATLY be proud of that.

You have made an awesome first step in coming back to the (amazing) board.

You have been throught alot this year, it's been a crazy year and yet you still managed to lose which says something in itself.

I think you're a bit like me and like to hold yourself accountable for everything, but perhaps you don't give yourself enough credit in your successes! Goodluck on your journey!

here - you can always come home. I am a new Bandster - having mine in July - but I hear your struggle and wish you the best.

One good thing - you knew to ask for help and you have made that first step.

Take care - nancy

I just want to say Welcome Home...we all go through tough times and need some extra support. Well you have made the first step coming back and joining us. I can't wait to see more from you on here and don't think about lossing us again....:D

The pictures are still there to remind me what I had, and what I can have again.

Good Idea and you will have it again. So where do we go from here. I can't wait to find out. What are you doing starting today. Drinking 8 8oz cups of Water a day? Walking for 15 minutes while watching your favorite show? Meditating and counting your blessings?

1. I woke up this morning

2. I have LBT friends

3. I have beautifull children

4. I can walk

5. I can see

6. I can type and I'm a man

7. I am a man LOL

8. I'm cute

9. I'm blessed

10. I'm weigh less today then I did before surgery

11. My band is adjustable

12. I am banded

13. I can work with this band

Hey....you are suppose to be counting, not me...welcome back:)

Jonathan, I went through exactly, and I mean exactly the same thing with my band. I started gaining and had only lost like 39 pounds after 8 months, most of which was lost in the first 2 and I sat steady for 6 months because I was comfortable and could eat what I want. I finally came back here and posted about it and felt relieved to get it off my chest. I was tired of the looks and questions I was getting from people who knew I had been banded and not understanding why I wasnt losing weight. So finally I went and got a fill on Oct 3rd. In the beginning I was eating what I could and PBing all of the time and then I slapped myself back to reality and atually used my band how it should be used and I am now 20 pounds lighter since that day on 10/03/05. I am so glad you are back with us and hope you stay here for the support you need. WIth schedules as busy as ours it is nice to know we can control what we eat since the lack of control around us is at a max. I'm so glad you shared this because I thought I was the only one.

Thanks,

Yeah Jonathan... hard to find anyone here to kick your ass. So instead of all this "Welcome Home" sweetness, just let me say:

GET YOUR BUTT BACK IN HERE YOUNG MAN!!

:D

Missed you...

Jonathan! Welcome back...I missed you!

Just think where you would be through all this chaos if you didn't have the band...My guess would be that you would have put on 44 lbs.

You've got a new life now, and maybe it's starting to feel a little less like someone else's...so, maybe now you have a little emotional and physical energy to put towards your weight loss goals. Take small steps- the perfectionist in you wants to leap, I know but leaps are hard to sustain.

You're going to be ok. I promise.

Megan

Dear sweet Jonathan....of course you can come home. Never doubt it for a second. Of course if accountability is what you want, we can do some butt kicking too!

As Alexandra said, the band is there and waiting for you to access and use.

And yes, you are being too hard on yourself. You've had one hell of a year. Now it's time to reset your priorities and start fresh and we are always here for you.

NOW GET TO IT GUY! (lovingly giving you the boot)

And here's another perspective:

You, as an experienced bandster, have an obligation to Teach those of us who are just starting out.

Welcome Home Master Jonathan. We await your pearls of wisdom.

:]