Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

My surgery is scheduled for May 11... I'm gettin' nervous, but at the same time am SUPER excited to be moving into this new phase of my life!

May 3rd!!! starting my liquid diet tomorrow along with my pre-op appointment. It's nice to have others to talk to. Looking forward to a new me...

All of you get banded before me so I am hanging on your experiences. The 12th will be here soon enough. I start my mandatory pre-op on May 5th. It is suggested I start a high Protein low carb diet or three Protein shakes with one high Protein low carb meal another week or two prior to that.

I gave up soft drinks too. I am hooked on Vitamin Water Zero. I HATE plain Water, makes me gag. I am paying close attention to the protein in a meal. It's hard and still keep it low carb.

I started using this new single packet crystal light in 17oz of water. They have about 5 cals and no sugar, and a few dozen flavors to chose from.

Hello there!

I am a May Bander!

I had a tentative date for May 12th, but it is now May24th :confused: The hospital & my Surgeon's schedule just wasn't matching up, so it needed to be changed...unfortunately!

I feel like I have a marathon of appointments coming up!

My surgeon

sleep Clinic

Psych

Blood Gases

Exercise & Rehab

Nutrition

And of course I have been going to all of the support group meetings, as many as possible that are available. I have been meeting all kinds of GREAT people at many stages of banding & bypass. They are all so great & helpful!

I am so excited & was soooo disappointed to learn it was scheduled for 12 days later. But at least it's still in May. These next 7 weeks better fly on by!!! :)

Good luck to all other May banders!

Is it weird that I haven't had to do any of the testing?

I'm scheduled for May 13th. I was doing Atkins with my sister-in-law to help her loose her last few pounds so she could have surgery when I got my call saying I had been approved. My vacation is June 5 so I scheduled surgery so I could be back on solid foods for that. I am excited. At first was nervous but am getting excited. Sis N law said to quit Atkins and enjoy my last few meals before i have to start my pre-op diet. Fried foods and steak are on my list. I will miss pizza since that is a family tradition on Friday nights but I can still eat hot wings I hope.:)

Mine is May 4th and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

May 19th! Yeah - a little nervouse but very excited!!!

Is it weird that I haven't had to do any of the testing?

Yes - I think it is odd that you had not testing done!!! I had 9 viles of blood taken, exrays, ultrasounds, Upper GI's - shrink, and all that - I would ask your Dr and Most insurances require most of these! Good Luck!

My surgery is May 4 at NYC with Dr. Kurian. I start my liquid diet tomorrow. I've eaten like a pig and can barely fit in my clothes so I'm a little glad there will be an end to this last meal thing already. That said I'm not looking forward to this liquid diet. I've a fancy schmacy wedding on May 2 and I'll be drinking Water and diet soda so that won't be fun. That said because I'll have been on the liquid diet I should be able to fit into a dress and not wear a sheet. I have been working out at the gym so that has been my one good thing that I've done.

Yes - I think it is odd that you had not testing done!!! I had 9 viles of blood taken, exrays, ultrasounds, Upper GI's - shrink, and all that - I would ask your Dr and Most insurances require most of these! Good Luck!

I havent had any tests done either, maybe its the insurance that requires this. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas, what about everyone else that have had tests?

Hi Everyone:

I'm having my Surgery on May 4th and my Pre-Op on April 28th. No one has told me about being on a liquid diet before surgery yet. Is this something I need to start now? Should I call my dr. office about this? This is my first time on your message board and I'm already worried now.

I do suggest you call your dr.'s office. Where i will be operated, I have 14 days of liquid diet, and then the operation. Not all doctors function the same way.

Just call to be on the safe side.

Liz:smile2:

bummed, found out today that sugar free Jello is not on my pre-op diet. OMG that has been the only thing keeping me sane...

Oh well....just having a really hard time with the Protein Shake thing. Isopure is the only thing I can stomach....

And if I don't grow feathers and cluck by the time this is over with chicken every night it will be a miracle...

Told my co-workers not to stand very close to me, I am a fat woman on a liquid diet and don't know when I might be overcome with hunger and take a bite!

Thanks for your reply Liz. I'll call them.