Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

how do you start a new thread?

Go to "Home", click on the forum you want to post in, and in the upper left click on " new thread"

Edited by Humming Bird

HB--thanks so much for making me feel better with your comment. I've been having a rough couple of weeks, so it was waaaay needed.

Stacie--Enjoy those recipes! My faves are the Mexican chicken and pepper steak (which are of course both high in sodium, so I down about 100 ounces of Water on days like those LOL) WTG having under 50% fat in your breakdown! That's a huge feat! Keep up the great work!

Leigha--Happy 6-month bandiversary!!! Mine is tomorrow! 48 lbs--girl you rock! Glad to hear you got the fill! I hope your restriction level is just right for you after the swelling goes down... Counting down until Thursday for mine. I hope he gives me something....

Bree-- CONGRATS on 50 lbs gone!! YOU GO, GIRL!!!

Bobbie-- Hang in there. I'm sorry things are still so crazy. I can't imagine how you're hanging in there, but again, your strength amazes me. Good luck with the Sears Optical douche and not telling him where to stick his job LOL I actually attached some recipes to my last update post, but I've attached it again here for you (and in case anyone else missed it).

Christie--I'm continuing to say prayers for your brother. How long is his tour going to be? I think my brother goes for 12 months (he said maybe 18 but it makes me feel better to say 12). Let's keep each other strong through this. Hoping Delilah doesn't eat what's left of your house during her stay :-)

Have a good day everyone! This is my Friday, so I'm pretty happy. My husband and I are having lunch with our son at school tomorrow (Kindergarten Bring Your Parents to Lunch Day), Thursday is my fill and Friday is my 6-month post-op appointment, so I figured I'd take all 3 days off to have some me time (and of course, spend time with my little one who has been begging to just hang out with me). Why can't I hit the lottery and just work part time?!? I know, I should be thankful (and I am....most days LOL)

RECIPES.pdf

Edited by juliansmom2003

So- I saw my doctor today, and he says surgery in the second half of May. I will see him in 2 weeks for a specific date! The possibilities are feeling closer:thumbup:!!!

So- I saw my doctor today, and he says surgery in the second half of May. I will see him in 2 weeks for a specific date! The possibilities are feeling closer:thumbup:!!!

Anne,

That.

Is.

AWESOME!

Congrats!

Woohoo Anne!! That is wonderful news!!! It IS getting closer!!!! (I keep forgetting you're not banded already :ohmy:)

Congrats Anne!! I guess crossing helped :-) < I only walked into the door frame twice !! :-D lol>

Okay been a way, so trying to catch up. Congrats on everyone's victories, prayers and thoughts continuously going to Stacie, BobbieND, and Betsy B(thanks for the info on potassium and BP). Karen thanks for the recipes--I am such the crockpot queen and congrats Bree and Christie. I know I missed some, but charge to my mind and not my heart as they say

As far me, went for my second fill an hour ago-my doctor is super conservative on fills, so he did not give me a fill since I was having good weight loss. He is very cautious about overinflating. He says I am in the green zone because I can eat, get full off a little food, and still loosing weight (I had lost 10 since my 1st fill/last visit. I don't think I am my sweet spot--need some input because he said I could just call and make a appointment for a slight fill. I can go 3-5 hours between Breakfast and lunch (no snack). I do a snack before dinner for exercise and/or to get in more Protein. I am usually never hungry after dinner. The thing is my portion sizes--I can eat more than 1/2 cup of food--I stop at a cup of food, though depending, what it is, can do a cup and a half, then chest pain and or burping, so that is why I stop at a cup. Could easily do a slice of pizza, but I make my own on wheat pita, or low carb/wheat tortilla, so not sure of that fact. Now, in the morning, a 1/2 cup is good--tighter then. Am I at restriction?What do you think? :ohmy: Oh not stuck episodes or PBing, although one my medications gave me a fit, but that was my fault and can eat bread, potatoes, Pasta, Peanut Butter,etc

Edited by shadst8

:wub:Youse guys are so wunnerful:wub:! Thank you!!!

CONGRATS ANNE!! :)

Glad you didn't have to threaten bodily harm from us hehehe! :thumbup:

Shad-Hopefully someone can shed some light on that for both of us! I think I still need a little more, but not too much. Going on Friday so I will see what the surgeon says.

My wonderful husband has shared his nasty cold with me :ohmy:. He was only home for the weekend before he had to leave again and I even made him sleep on the couch, but I still got it.

Someone told me yesterday that I have no ass...that is possibly the best compliment I have ever received.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, big bro has to be back in country and off orders by April 14th so, 1 week down 51 to go!

Congrats to everyone on, well, everything, I'm tired and too lazy to go and comment on it all (except yay Anne!! I know you're about to explode from the excitement!)!

Hey everyone!!

Happy Tuesday. My blood pressure has joined the world of the living! Mostly.

Anne, congrats on an almost surgery date!! Yay!!

Bobbie, best wishes on the interview. If he offers, take it and keep looking, at least it's work. Or, tell him to shove it!

So, we just had a mallard duck land in our pool. Butters was NOT happy!

Stacie, congrats on weighing the same as hubby. When I got close to my DH's weight, he decided to "show me" how to diet and lost 7 lbs just like that. He's never had a weight problem. It was a control issue. We had a near knock down, drag out over it and all is right with the world now, but he was a pip at the time!

To you and Shadst8, for me...sweet spot means I can go 3-4 hours between meals without obsessing over food. I don't weigh and measure my meals, but I do about 3-4 oz of Protein, 1/2 cup-ish of veggies, and prolly 1/4 cup of starch at dinner. lunch is often half a sandwich or half a deli salad and some crackers. Breakfast, Protein shake or bar, or some graham crackers with Peanut Butter.

I do generally have a cheese stick after work and a banana thrown in somewhere.

Some days I can eat more, some less. I try not to freak on the hungrier days. I just try to make healthy choices. I don't always succeed, but I do my best.

Congrats to Anne and all the rest on all your victories. I love reading all of your posts. It is most entertaining. However, as little I'm on the computer, it's difficult to respond to all. But my prayers and thoughts are with you all!!!

I went to the doctor's office on Monday and saw the PA. I lost 6 lbs. in two weeks. The doctor saw me in the hallway and high fived me. He saw me last time after my 18 day road trip, where I gained 5 lbs. He was not happy with me. Well, it's gone (the 6lbs) and according to the PA I'm either at my sweet spot or almost there. I told her that I eat a less than a cup of food per meal and stay full for 4-5 hours at a time. I drink my 64 oz. of liquids a day. Eat my Protein first and am bascially on a Protein diet. And the weight came off. So, I'm staying the course and hoping for even more...I did not get a fill and am at 5.9 in a 10 band. Will check in with her in a month but if I start to get hungry am instructed to contact her sooner. I have to say my doctor's office really sticks close to their patients. I am, overall, very happy with the care there.

Take care all...thinking of you always...Dottie

OK I have always been someone who refuses to tell pregnancy horror stories to pregnant women so I was going to keep this to myself cause I don't want to freak out the newbies but I am scared something happened to my band on Monday at my fill.

When I got to the hospital my regular girl wasn't there but another lady was, who said she has been doing fills for a year. So I laid down under the floro machine and she deadened my skin and got ready to do the fill. Well my port is covered with scar tissue, (I knew this would happen because I had Norplant implants and they could barely get them out because they had been so encapsulated in scar tissue) its no big deal but they just have to press extra hard to get the needle to go in (it doesn't hurt because of the numbing shot). So she pushed on the syringe and then I felt a thud and she pulled it out and looked at the assistant with wide eyes and the assistant was looking back with the same expression, then she told the assistant, "Go ahead and turn the xray on." And started palpating my stomach and asking me if I felt anything sticking me, I looked at the syringe and realized the needle was only about half as long as it had been. Then the assistant told her to look, that the needle had pushed back into the syringe, so it wasn't inside me. Whew! That was a relief, they both said they have never even heard of this happening. She then got a new needle gave me .4 into my band, made sure it was going through, I drank a Water and left.

Now the scary part. I am wondering if she poked a hole in my port. I don't have any restriction, my liquids seem to go right through. I was starving last night so I ate chili for dinner, no restriction but it can be considered a slider so that really wasn't a good example. Today is mushie day, what should I eat that will let me know if I have restriction or not? I obviously don't want to get stuck and inflame my stomach but if I have a problem with my port I want to bring it to the hospitals attention. Which brings up my next concern, if they poked a hole in my port are they responsible to fix it? (I was self pay and don't want to have to pay again) Sorry but my OCDness is on full alert and patience is not one of my virtue's when I get like this. Anybody have any suggestions?

Leigha, I wouldn't worry. It's probably fine. I'll say a special prayer that nothing happened. You really should stick to mushies today and try to eat some solid Protein tomorrow. When did this happen? Are you still hungry? It's probably okay but just try and hang in there and don't worry!!!

Anne, the possibilities are endless. You are on your way!

Christiemr- I have also been told lately that I have no ass! lol I'd rather have no stomach! But it's a start.

Leigha- If the needle was pushed back, it is more likely that she accidentally struck some part of the port that is hard plastic so a puncture is unlikely. If you are worried call the surgeon.