Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Me too! I am hungry every 2-3 hours I am still eating small meals but only because I measure them, I know I could keep eating if I wanted to. I haven't had the full signal in a couple of weeks and I just had a fill last Monday. Anybody have any ideas?

ETA: I haven't lost a pound in 14 days and I haven't been exercising other than my gardening.

Edited by LeighaMason

Hmmpfh. I have no freaking idea, girl. I am praying it will get tighter after a week or two like it did before. Otherwise, I am going to be BANGING DOWN THEIR doors for another one! It's almost as bad as it was last time! How can this be??????

Ain't it just a pip? There's no explaining it sometimes! Sometimes a meal holds me for 5 hours, sometimes for 2. There is just NO figuring it out!

Anne, congrats on your date! Yay!!

I am doing pretty well. About over the latest bug. Except my blood pressure is still pretty low sometimes. Oh well. The doc said it was going to take a while to come back up.

Next week I got to Washington D.C. for work. I am going to go a day early so I can do some sight seeing.

Otherwise, it's the same old stuff around here!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Leigha and Karen, I hear you! Though I am only on my third fill, I am HUNGRY! I know I will need more fills (Fourth fill: May 20th, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon!) I spent yesterday being stark, raving hungry! I ate egg whites, cheese, and turkey sausage at 10:30, ate some chicken at 11:30 and was barely able to make it to my cottage cheese at 2:30, and again was ravenous for yogurt at 5:30 and then AGAIN couldn't wait for dinner at 8:30.

Man! I just keep telling myself I'm biding my time and that 27 pounds is an awesome amount in 13 weeks. It also helps that I keep having to pull up my new jeans because they're too loose.

Jacki--when was your last fill? You are doing wonderful for just being banded in January. Does your doc do the fills under fluoroscopy? That's how we get ours, which is why I am confused as to why I have no restriction.

I broke down and called the surgeon's office and made an appointment for another fill (ironically, it's the same day as yours--May 20). It's crazy. I found out that I have a total of 4.9 ccs in a 10 cc band, so I am almost half full!!! Maybe it's not the band or the fill level, maybe I'm just defective LOL. I just hope that I didn't cry wolf and the doc doesn't say I'm nuts, that I have restriction. Ummm, so why am I starving all the time? I soooo know the difference between 'real' hunger and head hunger. Give me a break....

Counting down with you until May 20!

ETA I managed to get a 10 am appointment, so hopefully I won't be so freaking tight LOL

Edited by juliansmom2003
ETA I managed to get a 10 am appointment, so hopefully I won't be so freaking tight LOL

I called as well, they are going to pull the saline from my band and check to make sure everything is OK on May 6th.

And I wanted to tell everyone that I found some really cool tuna's at my local Mexican grocery store. They are called Dolores tuna and have 6 different flavors for those of us who are getting tired of regular old tuna. (Plus they have a pull top can.) I am having chipotle sauce tuna straight from the can now and it is wonderful! 210 calories, 30g Protein, 3 carbs. :scared2: I love chipotle!

Have a great day everyone.

I am with y'all being hungry between meals. I am tossing around the idea of another tiny fill, but just don't know what to do. I threw up my dinner last night. It was such a drag. I have not done that in a very long time. I just had a few scallops. I thought I had chewed them well, but I guess I didn't.

Sounds like people are having a lot of fill issues! I have SO much to look forward to!

Turns out my surgery date is May 26 not 28. That's a good thing. I have an overnight stay.

Other than that not much to report.

My DH hugged me twice today and said things like, "Wow! You're skinny! I can really tell a difference!" He called me tiny (even though I know I'm not) Is he awesome, or what?????? It made me feel soooo good....My weight is coming off slowly but surely. I love my band :scared2:

Weirdly I'm going the opposite way. After feeling like I was loosening up to an almost comfortable spot over the last 3-4 days things seem to be tightening back to the "damn I can barely eat" stage. I'm blaming hormones but it's the first time I've noticed this happening so I'll have to wait until next month and see if it recurs. (not that I'm complaining, because, dude, I'm not hungry! Woohoo!!) Oy, who knew this thing would be so fickle!?!?! Still love it and keep'n it though!

Jacki--when was your last fill? You are doing wonderful for just being banded in January. Does your doc do the fills under fluoroscopy? That's how we get ours, which is why I am confused as to why I have no restriction.

My last fill was on Thursday (April 22), same as you, right? No, my fills are not under fluoro - I have to drink Water afterwards and make sure it goes down. I have 5 ccs now. I hear everyone saying 8 months for restriction lately. Heh. AHHHHH! Still, I love my band. (I'll just love it even more in 4.5 months!)

Hi Everyone, so is it just the time of year, except for Christie? Cause I have been wanting to eat everything in sight!

Dang, I have been HUNGRY! Even DH said yesterday I might be in need of a fill. Now I haven't had one in months and months, so it might indeed be time.

I'll wait until after DC and our vacation in Sedona before deciding.

And since I am pondering the idea, that means I am due for a monster stuck episode! :thumbup:

I CAN EAT!!!!!! :smile: I guess I was just still irritated from the fill and the pills getting stuck (they are time release so no crushing or splitting them). It doesn't help that there were hormones involved too. Just like Christie i will be curious to see if next month I am tight as well cause that hasn't happened before

Anne-Congrats on the 2 day advance lol. I was SOOOOO happy I spent the night.

Everyone else-sorry to hear you are all having band problems :thumbup:. Hope it gets better soon!

:wub:4/30 7:20 a.m. On our way to the surgery center. This day is finally here! WoW! I did well on the pre op Clear Liquids so I am ready. Please pray my surgeon hands are steady as he is also fixing a complication from a surgery in Dec. from a hernia repair. Blessings!:smile:

:wub:4/30 7:20 a.m. On our way to the surgery center. This day is finally here! WoW! I did well on the pre op clear liquids so I am ready. Please pray my surgeon hands are steady as he is also fixing a complication from a surgery in Dec. from a hernia repair. Blessings!:smile:

Wonderful news! You're in my thoughts today!