Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Hello KC group. I've been dealing with the gas release but it's more in my neck muscles. Luckily the hotel let us check in extra early so I could take something for pain and get in the bed.

Not really hungry or thirsty. But I'm trying to keep the drinks coming. 40 oz so far between milk, tea and chicken broth. Dang...just remembered I need to get those Protein Drinks in.

How have you all been doing?

One week from today is my surgery day. I am starting to get really nervous and have some anxiety. :thumbup: I know it is because I know my life will completely change and that makes me a bit nervous.

From those of you who are already banded, did you ever regret your decision??

Hi Tiger, I was banded a little over 2 years ago and have not regretted it at all. I am still about 25 lbs from goal but I'm not in any hurry to reach it, the band has helped me to maintain my current weight loss for the last year, no losses or gains to speak of for awhile, but I still have no regrets and would do it over again in a heartbeat. Nervousness and anxiety are normal, but you'll get over that once surgery is done and you'll be on your way to a slimmer you. :thumbup:

Hi Tiger, I was banded a little over 2 years ago and have not regretted it at all. I am still about 25 lbs from goal but I'm not in any hurry to reach it, the band has helped me to maintain my current weight loss for the last year, no losses or gains to speak of for awhile, but I still have no regrets and would do it over again in a heartbeat. Nervousness and anxiety are normal, but you'll get over that once surgery is done and you'll be on your way to a slimmer you. :thumbup:

Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I think anytime you have a life change it can be a bit nerve racking. I know it is the right decision I just hate to feel hungry and the preop diet has been difficult because i am hungry :eek:. Only a few more days left :thumbup:

Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I think anytime you have a life change it can be a bit nerve racking. I know it is the right decision I just hate to feel hungry and the preop diet has been difficult because i am hungry :smile:. Only a few more days left :)

Tiger once you've been banded and have the proper restriction after receiving a few fills you won't be hungry like you are now, that's the good thing about the band it helps decrease your hunger, therefore, it helps you stay on track to lose weight. I'm sure you won't have any regrets once you've had it awhile and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. :angry:

Hello KC group. I've been dealing with the gas release but it's more in my neck muscles. Luckily the hotel let us check in extra early so I could take something for pain and get in the bed.

Not really hungry or thirsty. But I'm trying to keep the drinks coming. 40 oz so far between milk, tea and chicken broth. Dang...just remembered I need to get those Protein drinks in.

How have you all been doing?

KS_sxychoc-So glad to hear you are doing so well. Totally understand regarding those first few days not being hungry or thirsty. It will eventually all come back as you heal. Continue taking care of yourself. Glad to hear from you. :)

Edited by oldoneyoungagain
spell ck

I live in Kansas City Kansas, I am scheduled for banding July 21, 2010 at Heartland Spine and Pain. I am having difficulty with the pre-op diet, I am anxious, hungry and just having ambivalent feelings. I do want the band ...feel weak mentally. Reading posts on this site today has given me some hope and comfort for the future.

You are on YOUR WAY as your title describes you. ALL OF US felt anxious before surgery. It is a big step and life changing. But, a change to improve your life and health.

Now is the time to make a list of all the reasons you decided on lapband. Cross them off the list as they as accomplished.

Good luck to you.

Hi KC Bandsters!

I have been researching lap band for quite some time. I stopped looking into when I realized I could not afford it.

I recently started a new job and overheard someone mention that our health insurance (Highmark BCBS) covers lapband (Yay!). My insurance will not kick-in until Oct. 1st, but I would like to get the ball going and start the 6 month diet. I do not have a PCP. So... I was wondering if any of you can recommend your PCP.

Thank you!!!

I live in Kansas City Kansas, I am scheduled for banding July 21, 2010 at Heartland Spine and Pain. I am having difficulty with the pre-op diet, I am anxious, hungry and just having ambivalent feelings. I do want the band ...feel weak mentally. Reading posts on this site today has given me some hope and comfort for the future.

Keep reading the posts and gather all the info you can. I also suggest that you stay busy to keep your mind off of being hungry.

Tomorrow is my big day!!!! Feeling pretty anxious today, and kinda hungry today too, just doing the Clear Liquids today (not complaining). Wish me luck!!

Good luck and do what they tell you.

From my own experience in the last week...take it easy just as they say. I should have.

Sending hugs, Tiger. You will be fine. Check in with us.

Yea!!! Got banded yesterday!! I was pretty uncomfortable right after surgery but after sitting up and moving around it was better. Last night was a little tough to get comfortable and I am pretty sore this morning mostly in my shoulders and neck could be from the air they pump in you or me just sleeping wierd to get comfortable. They did have to repair a hernia while they were in there that I had no idea that I even had, so that could cause some of my discomfort I guess. I am trying to only use ibprofen today and save the pain meds for night because I don't want to run out of pain meds and still really need them.

Yea!!! Got banded yesterday!! I was pretty uncomfortable right after surgery but after sitting up and moving around it was better. Last night was a little tough to get comfortable and I am pretty sore this morning mostly in my shoulders and neck could be from the air they pump in you or me just sleeping wierd to get comfortable. They did have to repair a hernia while they were in there that I had no idea that I even had, so that could cause some of my discomfort I guess. I am trying to only use ibprofen today and save the pain meds for night because I don't want to run out of pain meds and still really need them.

Take it easy. I'm only a week out, but I've learned not to do to much. Get your fluids in.

Wow it has been a long time since I have been on the boards and checked in here. I wonder why I have not been getting email update telling me someone has posted here.

Welcome to all the new people. I will have to play catch-up reading all the posts and getting to know everyone.

Well I had another monthly follow up and I am down another 9 pounds since my last visit. So that is a total of 44 pounds including pre-op weightloss. I think he took a little out. I have been under a ton of stress the last 3 weeks and have been very tight. It is really hit and miss when it comes to eating some days I can and some days I can't. I told him I am never hungry and many times have to remind myself to eat. He said that is where a lot of people want to be. This may be true and it is where I want to be but I would like to be able to eat with out getting stuck.

The stress in my life does not seem to be stopping anytime soon either so I guess I am going to have to figure something out. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital 3 weeks and 1 day ago today. He was rushed to the ER after having a very low blood sugar episode. After running all the test and admitting him the found that he was in kidney failure. We thought he was for sure he would not make it home that is how bad it was. Hospice was called in and he refused to do dialysis. On the day that he was supose to have made all the arrangments for hospice he changed his mind. He is now in a care facility and doing well but really wants to come home. Anyway I have been making at least 3 to 4 trips a week up to the hospital and now care facility. Not so bad but I have to drive 30 minutes home to pick up my grandma who lives a few blocks from me to turn around and drive back 30 minutes to see him. I have not been to bed before 11pm or midnight for 3 weeks and then up at 430am to get ready for work. The days I am home I am trying to spend the time with my kids so the house work and my love for scrapbooking has gone on the back burner. Oh and did I mention that my grandmother has Alzheimer's but does not believe that she has it and thinks we all think that she is crazy.

Oh me oh my sorry for the long post I better stop now.