Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Windus - congrats, sweetie. You will make this happen. So proud of you.

Tiger & KS-sxy - You are on the Kansas City group board now. Takes some time to learn to navigate this board. Be patient.

As far as pre-diet, day three the hunger monster arrived. Tough it out. You CAN DO IT. This is a life style change and the pre-diet will help prepare your body and MIND. You are taking control of your health. Be proud and strong and come here to whine & complain.

Joyce

This is my second day and I wasn't hungry. I had two Protein Shakes, tea, chicken broth and sugar free Jello through the day. And for dinner I'm having a Smart One's (on sale at Hen House for $1.48) with some Jello for dessert.

But I was tired as all get out!!!!

What brand of Protein shakes did you use? I saw that the doc offered some but they are pretty pricey so I was looking for an alternate.

Yes, I was ungodly hungry on the pre-op diet. I could not do liquids only for 2 weeks. I did a lot of research on the reason for the diet which I was told was to shrink your liver to make it easier for the surgery. I also found that you can do this by cutting out all sugars and carbs. So, I did liquid for 2 meals and for dinner I had a meal that was pure Protein, just meats. It worked great for me.

I am not telling you to go against your doctors orders, I just found it confusing that the instructions were so different from Dr to Dr and made the decisions that I felt worked best for me and that made the two weeks bearable. I did do all liquids for 24 hours prior to the surgery however to make sure there was nothing in my stomach on surgery day.

I've been trying a few different one for a couple of months. Spent lots of money and at GNC...if you don't like it you can take it back. Finally tried something at Wal-mart that is high Protein, low carbs and calories.

On another note. I slept a wonderful 8 hours last night. The only time I've done that over the years is when I'm sick.

I wasn't really dreading going on the liquid diet. I've had to do it in my life before when I was into body building and I would do it often to flush my system. It help my skin. What I'm not looking forward to is to a BBQ with family members that are going to wonder why I'm not eating. I haven't informed them of anything.

Anyway, I'm feeling great and I'm headed out to take on the world!!! Have a great day!

Day 3 of the liquid diet-->feeling great!

I went by Dress Barn on the way home to look for a "Goal dress". Found one but didn't purchase it. I have a pair of Harley Davidson jeans that I have hanging as motivation.

This is just the first goal. Do any of you have an outfit that you are working towards??

KS-sxy - Good job on your pre-op.

I also worried what ppl would think when I didn't eat, as I also chose NOT to share my decision about WLS.

Guess what - you will be surprised how little anyone cares. Sometimes they don't even notice how little I eat - most of the time actually.

Just say, "I'm not hungry, ate before I came"

Yes, I have goal clothes. A whole closet of designer outfits and plan to pick one of three RED ones to wear at the holiday parties.

Yippee.

4th day of pre-op and I'm still going strong. The hardest part so far is that around 5:30 pm is when I get hungry. But since I get off work at 4, I can usually be home in time to get dinner.

I went to a nutrition meeting tonight. And now to get this weekend started. I don't have anything planned, but I better find something busy to do or this pre-op will start to get to me.

Any suggestions??? How are you all doing?

KS_sxy - Great job. For those hungry periods, try SF Jello or SF popsickles.

Take some walks or go to pool to stay busy - or walk the dog, if you have one.

Now is a great time to start some new healthy habits and you'll feel proud for doing it.

Keep up the great work.

Joyce

Hello KC bansters-Hope all is well with you in this "warm" city. Please keep yourselves hydrated if out doors for long as want to read your threads. Nothing new on the home front for me. Still not taking off those pounds, so trying to figure out how to jump start the old metabolism, as feel it went to sleep. Having to keep a journal for the next month of what I eat. Love doing that (NOT) but I'm bound and determine to kick start that metabolism whether it likes it or not. On the positive note I was told that I have lost 25% of the excess weight. So guess, all is well in that area. Just want to see that continued weight loss of at least one pound per week until I'm to goal. So that is what is on my home front. Don't go for another fill until July 15. Hopefull, I'll drop a pound by then, or I'll just have to weigh naked at the doctors office.

Today was a really long day. I decided to get up and go to some garage sales with my mother just to pass the time. This really helped me not to think about eating.

Then I let my daughter drive me to the mall. Let me tell you...when you let a teenager drive, you only think about living. No thought of food came into my mind at anytime. But she did pretty good and we had a great time being silly in the stores.

I think we might watch movies and play Uno tonight. Anyone been to see a good movie lately???

Today was a really long day. I decided to get up and go to some garage sales with my mother just to pass the time. This really helped me not to think about eating.

Then I let my daughter drive me to the mall. Let me tell you...when you let a teenager drive, you only think about living. No thought of food came into my mind at anytime. But she did pretty good and we had a great time being silly in the stores.

I think we might watch movies and play Uno tonight. Anyone been to see a good movie lately???

Understand where you are coming from about staying busy which helps keeps the mind off food. Plus, you definitely are doing the right things. I was fortunate as from the approval date to surgery date was just about two weeks. Plus, I'm stuck in a chair for ten hours a day at work with just two breaks so I can't get anywhere to get a snack. But you will make it through this, I thought I couldn't, but I made it.

Now that I've been banded I'm scared to go to a movie, I love buttered popcorn (even though it not real butter) mixed with candy hot tamales :tongue_smilie:and I don't feel I have the willpower to avoid not stopping at the concession stand. It is totally easier for me to void things like donuts, pie, cake, etc but not buttered popcorn. But do watch DVD's at home. Blind Side was excellent and watched Shutter's Island which was very intense but I enjoyed. Hubby couldn't figure it out, but then he can't sit still more than five minutes, and it was a movie you really need to stay focused on. Going to try and get Book of Elli next week and see if someone can stay in his recliner :woot: as he said he would like to see that one. If not, then me and the weenie dog will watch it together.

Here is two thumbs up for weekend :smile: as I know you will succeed with the pre-op diet. I know you will, I know you will. And here are a few more to keep you going until surgery. :thumbup::thumbup::frown::thumbup::bolt::thumbup::(. (I thought I clicked on the smiley with two thumbs, I guess I couldn't count, I'm sorry).

Just remember we are here to support you and keep you headed in the right direction anyway that we can.

Edited by oldoneyoungagain
Smiley faces were to be two thumbs not one

I tried to watch Shutter Island but lost interest. So I talked my daughter into telling me what happens. I don't sit still very well so I was doing housework while watching.

I am going to watch Legion this morning while cleaning the kitchen.

Went out to see if Redbox had Book of Elli or is Eli, anyway they don't. So, if you have watched Legion KS_sxychoc let me know how you liked it. I'm going to have to have something to watch on my days off as definitely nothing on the tube at night. Plus I stay confined on holiday weekends. Hope you enjoyed.

Day one of preop did not go well for me :). The hardest part of the day was about 3:00 in the afternoon. I had a couple of bites of birthday cake (it was my bday but that is no excuse). But I am brushing it off and starting my new day today fresh!! It wasn't that I was even necessarily hungry, I don't know but like I said I am starting the new day today fresh, wish me luck!!