Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Wow it has been a long time since I have been on the boards and checked in here. I wonder why I have not been getting email update telling me someone has posted here.

Welcome to all the new people. I will have to play catch-up reading all the posts and getting to know everyone.

Well I had another monthly follow up and I am down another 9 pounds since my last visit. So that is a total of 44 pounds including pre-op weightloss. I think he took a little out. I have been under a ton of stress the last 3 weeks and have been very tight. It is really hit and miss when it comes to eating some days I can and some days I can't. I told him I am never hungry and many times have to remind myself to eat. He said that is where a lot of people want to be. This may be true and it is where I want to be but I would like to be able to eat with out getting stuck.

The stress in my life does not seem to be stopping anytime soon either so I guess I am going to have to figure something out. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital 3 weeks and 1 day ago today. He was rushed to the ER after having a very low blood sugar episode. After running all the test and admitting him the found that he was in kidney failure. We thought he was for sure he would not make it home that is how bad it was. Hospice was called in and he refused to do dialysis. On the day that he was supose to have made all the arrangments for hospice he changed his mind. He is now in a care facility and doing well but really wants to come home. Anyway I have been making at least 3 to 4 trips a week up to the hospital and now care facility. Not so bad but I have to drive 30 minutes home to pick up my grandma who lives a few blocks from me to turn around and drive back 30 minutes to see him. I have not been to bed before 11pm or midnight for 3 weeks and then up at 430am to get ready for work. The days I am home I am trying to spend the time with my kids so the house work and my love for scrapbooking has gone on the back burner. Oh and did I mention that my grandmother has Alzheimer's but does not believe that she has it and thinks we all think that she is crazy.

Oh me oh my sorry for the long post I better stop now.

Nice to meet you finding me!! Hang in there!! I am so sorry for all the stress in your life take it day by day. I am sure you are thankful for the band during this stressful time I know for myself I would have probably eaten whatever I could get my hands on when stress hits.

I too love to scrapbook have you scrapbook your band journey with before pics etc? I was just banded yesterday and HATE to have my picture taken but I did let some friends take some before pics.

Good Luck!!

How is everyone doing?

I had my follow up appointment on Friday the 16th. Every thing is going great. Surprised at the loss since surgery (-10)... wasn't expecting any loss during this time. But I have continued to do my weight lifting...I just used fewer pounds right after surgery. My family is difficult about going walking, so I just have to throw on the headphones and grab my phone.

When I go back to work I'll be able to hit the gym. Packed my gym bag today!!!

Yea!!! Got banded yesterday!! I was pretty uncomfortable right after surgery but after sitting up and moving around it was better. Last night was a little tough to get comfortable and I am pretty sore this morning mostly in my shoulders and neck could be from the air they pump in you or me just sleeping wierd to get comfortable. They did have to repair a hernia while they were in there that I had no idea that I even had, so that could cause some of my discomfort I guess. I am trying to only use ibprofen today and save the pain meds for night because I don't want to run out of pain meds and still really need them.

How are you doing?

How are you doing?

Thank you so much for asking!! I am doing okay I feel better and better each day. I am now Day 5 post op so I could have yogurt and oatmeal :smile:. I have found that I am starting to get hungry which worries me a little I know it is a good thing, means that you are healing, I just don't want to overdue. I am sticking to the diet and go in for the postop next Friday. I hope to do a little walking around the neighborhood next week but golly it is so blasted hot here!! :scared2: I am glad to hear you are doing well, how soon after surgery did you have your first fill??

Thank you so much for asking!! I am doing okay I feel better and better each day. I am now Day 5 post op so I could have yogurt and oatmeal :smile:. I have found that I am starting to get hungry which worries me a little I know it is a good thing, means that you are healing, I just don't want to overdue. I am sticking to the diet and go in for the postop next Friday. I hope to do a little walking around the neighborhood next week but golly it is so blasted hot here!! :scared2: I am glad to hear you are doing well, how soon after surgery did you have your first fill??

I just had my surgery on 7/06 but I am scheduled for my first fill 8/12.

I've been walking a lot, mainly in the morning or evening. There are plenty of things to do inside. I found a mini trampoline on Craigs list a few months ago for only $10 and that really helps for when it's to hot or cold.

How are you doing with the gas pain?

I just had my surgery on 7/06 but I am scheduled for my first fill 8/12.

I've been walking a lot, mainly in the morning or evening. There are plenty of things to do inside. I found a mini trampoline on Craigs list a few months ago for only $10 and that really helps for when it's to hot or cold.

How are you doing with the gas pain?

That gas pain was terrible, my worse day was day 2 post op, then the next morning it was barely noticable. Now it is totally gone. I am going to start walking next week, I have a treadmill so I think I am going to start that when it is too hot and just take it slow. When you showered were you worried about getting the steri-strips wet? Also what kinds of vitamins/supplements are you taking? I have some conflicting amounts from nutritionist/surgerycenter, I plan on asking for sure when i go in post op. Have a great day!

That gas pain was terrible, my worse day was day 2 post op, then the next morning it was barely noticable. Now it is totally gone. I am going to start walking next week, I have a treadmill so I think I am going to start that when it is too hot and just take it slow. When you showered were you worried about getting the steri-strips wet? Also what kinds of vitamins/supplements are you taking? I have some conflicting amounts from nutritionist/surgerycenter, I plan on asking for sure when i go in post op. Have a great day!

I use the One a Day kids Gummy Vitamin. It can be used by adults also. For Calcium, I found a chewable at GNC that taste sort of like a light butterscotch. Each one has 600 mg of calcium and 800IU of vit D--> so I eat two.

I am able to swallow the omego 3 pills, so I'm sticking with the one's from GNC.

tigermomof3 and KS_sxychoc-Hope you don't mind the oldoneyoungagain butting in. Do want you both to know that I'm glad to hear you are both doing so well so soon after surgery. That is totally fantastic :scared2:. Don't know where either of you had your surgery, but the vitamins/supplements list that was given to me included Omega 3 (I now take a liquid form as caps are to large to swallow), Vitamin B, Vitamin D, calcium citrate, potassium, multi-adult vitamin (I get CVS band of the chewable which taste like Gummy bears) & magnesium all of which I cut in half in order to swallow except for the Multi-Vitamin. As I still eat fruit (even though my dr would rather I not), I don't take it, but Vitamin C would be another. Never been a firm believer in taking Vitamins as always felt I ate correctly (even though it was too much of everything):smile: but for some reason my body depleted vitamin D last year and it was a horrible :tt2:. I had body cramps for about six weeks until the doctor figured out what happened. So now that my food intake is so much less, I decided I needed to invest and start taking these that the surgeon recommended.

Anyway I've babbled on enough so glad to know you are both doing well and well on your way to a healthier you.

I use the One a Day kids Gummy Vitamin. It can be used by adults also. For Calcium, I found a chewable at GNC that taste sort of like a light butterscotch. Each one has 600 mg of calcium and 800IU of vit D--> so I eat two.

I am able to swallow the omego 3 pills, so I'm sticking with the one's from GNC.

Great info! I will make a trip to GNC this week, as far as the Omega 3 with the small pills any "fishy" after effects?? :smile:

tigermomof3 and KS_sxychoc-Hope you don't mind the oldoneyoungagain butting in. Do want you both to know that I'm glad to hear you are both doing so well so soon after surgery. That is totally fantastic :scared2:. Don't know where either of you had your surgery, but the vitamins/supplements list that was given to me included Omega 3 (I now take a liquid form as caps are to large to swallow), Vitamin B, Vitamin D, calcium citrate, potassium, multi-adult vitamin (I get CVS band of the chewable which taste like Gummy bears) & magnesium all of which I cut in half in order to swallow except for the Multi-Vitamin. As I still eat fruit (even though my dr would rather I not), I don't take it, but Vitamin C would be another. Never been a firm believer in taking Vitamins as always felt I ate correctly (even though it was too much of everything):smile: but for some reason my body depleted vitamin D last year and it was a horrible :tt2:. I had body cramps for about six weeks until the doctor figured out what happened. So now that my food intake is so much less, I decided I needed to invest and start taking these that the surgeon recommended.

Anyway I've babbled on enough so glad to know you are both doing well and well on your way to a healthier you.

Thank YOU for all the info, and please butt in, I love everyone's input!!!! I have a question, does your multi vitamin cover some of the other requirements? (vit b, vit d, and magnesium) I know i need to take extra Calcium and Omega 3. I am not much of a pill taker or vitamin taker so this is all new to me but I don't want to have to take a bunch if I can avoid it so I want to get the most "bang" for my buck as far as each pill I take. Ya know what I mean?? :tt2:

Everyone have a great day!!! :lol:

Oh and here is another stupid question..hehe, how do I add stuff to my signature line? I wanted to add the surgery date/weight/etc. Thanks

Thank YOU for all the info, and please butt in, I love everyone's input!!!! I have a question, does your multi Vitamin cover some of the other requirements? (vit b, vit d, and magnesium) I know i need to take extra Calcium and Omega 3. I am not much of a pill taker or vitamin taker so this is all new to me but I don't want to have to take a bunch if I can avoid it so I want to get the most "bang" for my buck as far as each pill I take. Ya know what I mean?? :scared2:

Everyone have a great day!!! :tt2:

Oh and here is another stupid question..hehe, how do I add stuff to my signature line? I wanted to add the surgery date/weight/etc. Thanks

To your first question-multi-vitamin probably does but not have enough of the actual daily requirements since the doctor actually gave me the pre-printed list of all the various Vitamins supplements I needed to start taking prior to surgery, and a Multi-Vitamin was included. Of course my age, my medical conditions, also play a part in depleting my body of these vitamins so now I invest in them. Believe you me, I do know what you mean about "bang for your buck". Have avoided buying any of these, except prescription drugs, all my adult life except for Omega 3 (I didn't eat fish and I knew it was healthy for you so this was the subsitute) which not only helps the heart but your memory so have taken large doses of that for years, just not in liquid form. This does have a fishy taste with a little lemon but after taste is not as bad as when I was taking six capsules of it per day:scared2:.

To your last question-Go up to the upper left of this page (make sure you are logged in) click on "user CP", once that populates to next page scroll down the left side until you find "edit signature" click on that and then you can add everything below the weight loss ticker.

Glad to be of help and hopefully it is helpful, and by the way, no question is stupid, it is the not asking that is stupid :smile:. Stay cool today.

Edited by oldoneyoungagain
spell ck

Glad to hear you are both doing so well. Great info on the Vitamins from oldone.

Took my walk after 9 pm last night and still felt like I was walking in an oven. KC heat and humidity is here again.

Glad to hear you are both doing so well. Great info on the Vitamins from oldone.

Took my walk after 9 pm last night and still felt like I was walking in an oven. KC heat and humidity is here again.

Totally agree about the KC heat and humidity. All we need is some sand and you would think we were living in Florida or the Gulf states (without the oil). Heat I can definitely handle but not the humidity. Even in my "thin" days couldn't handle it. ladykcusa I really hope you are in a gated community, I'm totally scared anymore to travel out in the evening. I broke down brought a treadmill, so put on a headset and listen to books while walking. Just be careful and definitely stay cool.

I can't stand the heat either - I usually don't go out to do my 3 miles until after 11 pm. Otherwise I just cannot stand it!

Hey KC group! I'm back to work now and only have a few pieces of discomfort. Part of my problem is I ride The Jo to work and carry a back pack that weighs about 30 pounds. This puts some stress on my abs and they are killing me all the time.

Eating is still a come and go situation. As usual, not really hungry at work but when the stomach growls I find somethng for it.

Loved that storm last night!!! I'll write more later. Have a good one.