Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Hey there everyone!! It has been a while since I have been on the boards I hope you are all doing well. I had my first fill this last Wednesday (8/25) and it went great! I am glad the first one is over so I know what to expect. I am surprised already how little amount of food fills me up. I need to remember to chew chew chew :). I hope this feeling stays with me until my next appointment. Take care everyone!

Yeah, I'm glad things went well for you. I think I'm having a little restriction now after my 2nd fill.

How is your activity going?

Yeah, I'm glad things went well for you. I think I'm having a little restriction now after my 2nd fill.

How is your activity going?

Great!! Last week I did Zumba twice and that was the first time I have done it since surgery and it kicked my tail but it felt great!! :thumbup: I also did my weight lifting program that a friend of mine who is a personal trainer made for me so last week I felt great! This week might not be as productive, we had a death in the family so obviously the schedules are all up in the air for right now but I will try to get it in when I can. :)

Have you stared with the football team yet?? How have you been doing being on the road a lot? I just found out yesterday that McDonalds will give you just a grilled chicken breast if you ask for one and it was only 1.50. That with a little bit of BBQ Sauce for flavor was a yummy lunch! Just need to remember to chew chew chew :(

Great!! Last week I did Zumba twice and that was the first time I have done it since surgery and it kicked my tail but it felt great!! :thumbup: I also did my weight lifting program that a friend of mine who is a personal trainer made for me so last week I felt great! This week might not be as productive, we had a death in the family so obviously the schedules are all up in the air for right now but I will try to get it in when I can. :)

Have you stared with the football team yet?? How have you been doing being on the road a lot? I just found out yesterday that McDonalds will give you just a grilled chicken breast if you ask for one and it was only 1.50. That with a little bit of BBQ Sauce for flavor was a yummy lunch! Just need to remember to chew chew chew :(

Football is starting...slowly. We had supervisor meetings last week and tomorrow I go to meet my new staff and do some quick training. Saturday the 4th will be our first game and I'm so excited. Not only is it our first game but it's also Harley day.

I know what you mean about chewing. But I sometimes feel like I'm chewing so well that everything is slipping right thru. So to ignore the hunger I try to find something to do. Weekends are the hardest right now since I have some time between activities. Once football is in full swing, I'll have to force myself to eat.

Drinking is another area I have to change. I've been chugging a mouth full lately and I need to slow that down.

Today...I will go through my closet and get rid of a few things that are really hanging off my butt!

Have a good one and keep up the good work. I'm gonna have to try that chicken.

Football is starting...slowly. We had supervisor meetings last week and tomorrow I go to meet my new staff and do some quick training. Saturday the 4th will be our first game and I'm so excited. Not only is it our first game but it's also Harley day.

I know what you mean about chewing. But I sometimes feel like I'm chewing so well that everything is slipping right thru. So to ignore the hunger I try to find something to do. Weekends are the hardest right now since I have some time between activities. Once football is in full swing, I'll have to force myself to eat.

Drinking is another area I have to change. I've been chugging a mouth full lately and I need to slow that down.

Today...I will go through my closet and get rid of a few things that are really hanging off my butt!

Have a good one and keep up the good work. I'm gonna have to try that chicken.< /p>

WHOO HOOO on the saggy butt clothes!!!!!!:thumbup:

okay tigermom I'm really jealous. You got banded in July with a 10cc and already have 5 cc in it. I got banded in March, and I'm yet to get there. May ask who is doing your fills at Malley?

okay tigermom I'm really jealous. You got banded in July with a 10cc and already have 5 cc in it. I got banded in March, and I'm yet to get there. May ask who is doing your fills at Malley?

I have only had one fill at it was Karen who did it. She first checked to see if I had any Fluid left over from surgery and there was 3cc's already there and she added the extra two to put me at 5cc's total.:thumbup:

Karen did mine also. I had 3 cc from surgery and she added 1.8 at my first fill and more at my second fill.

But I've learned that she uses what she knows about each person to determine what to do.

Thanks to both of you. My company switched insurances the first of June and since Dr Hitchcock is doing my fills I just got hit for over $200.00 as they don't accept Atena. I don't mind paying what they advertise for a fill, but my insurance shows they are chgning $114.00 office visit, $459.00 surgical procedure. So I assume this is because the dr is doing the fill on me and I have yet to get to 5 cc. So thanks for letting me know, either will see if I can have Karen do the fills, or will have to check with St. Lukes or KU whose doctors are on the insurance's preferred list.

Sorry - I know this is off topic - does anyone know where I can buy miracle noodles in Johnson County?

Is the AP-Standard Lap-Band the 10cc band?

Yeah, that is the one I have.

Hi Everyone. Hope all is well. I turned in my paperwork at Dr. Hoehn's office yesterday. Even though I don't have a date, things are starting to feel like a reality. They said they could have me scheduled for surgery in October. Wow...that made me feel so nervous. Were you all nervous when the reality sank in?

Hi Toto! I had my lap-band done by Dr. Hoehn's partner, Dr. Kowalski. I was a nervous wreck the week before my surgery...but so far so good...I am 5 wks post op and 36 lbs down!

Hi Everyone. Hope all is well. I turned in my paperwork at Dr. Hoehn's office yesterday. Even though I don't have a date, things are starting to feel like a reality. They said they could have me scheduled for surgery in October. Wow...that made me feel so nervous. Were you all nervous when the reality sank in?

I've had so many surgeries that this was just another one. As an athlete, I'm just used to it. And since I'm getting to be an older athlete...it's something that I have to get used to.

I suggest you keep getting as many questions answered as you can. Keep a notepad with you all the time because random questions will come up. There are plenty of answers on here, but remember that some answers are for individuals.

I wish you the best and hope you continue to come back and chat.

Karla

Okay...this is the day that I've been waiting for with excitement and with worry. The first football game. My concern has been with my eating habits while on the go. I will usually go without. But I also don't drink anything.

I have a snack bar in my purse and I'll make a active effort to get more Water in through the day.

Time to get on the road! Go Wildcats!!!!