Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Okay...this is the day that I've been waiting for with excitement and with worry. The first football game. My concern has been with my eating habits while on the go. I will usually go without. But I also don't drink anything.

I have a snack bar in my purse and I'll make a active effort to get more Water in through the day.

Time to get on the road! Go Wildcats!!!!

Okay, for a fellow bander, I'll cheer for the Cats today :scared2: but when the bird and the cat play against each other (even though I think KState has a better team), I'll have to cheer the bird on. Hope you understand :biggrin:. Hopefully you keep yourself hydratated today and have a fantastic time.

Thanks to both of you. My company switched insurances the first of June and since Dr Hitchcock is doing my fills I just got hit for over $200.00 as they don't accept Atena. I don't mind paying what they advertise for a fill, but my insurance shows they are chgning $114.00 office visit, $459.00 surgical procedure. So I assume this is because the dr is doing the fill on me and I have yet to get to 5 cc. So thanks for letting me know, either will see if I can have Karen do the fills, or will have to check with St. Lukes or KU whose doctors are on the insurance's preferred list.

Have to correct myself on this. When looking for Dr. Hitchcock on "Find a Doctor" he is not one of the preferred drs showing. Yet did talk with them on Thursday and they do accept Aetna and he is an in network doctor, so go figure with Aetna. The charges were for the fact I first have to meet my deductible. So after this next fill, if he gives me one, my fills will be just my co-pay amount. Which is great. Was so scared if something happened I would have to be paying for an out of network physician.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Okay, for a fellow bander, I'll cheer for the Cats today :scared2: but when the bird and the cat play against each other (even though I think KState has a better team), I'll have to cheer the bird on. Hope you understand :biggrin:. Hopefully you keep yourself hydratated today and have a fantastic time.

Okay ladies that is all great and fine but when the Tiger comes to town.....watch out!!!:thumbup:

Haha, I hope you all have a great weekend and stay hydrated and good luck at bbq's and family gatherings on this holiday weekend!!!!

Okay ladies that is all great and fine but when the Tiger comes to town.....watch out!!!:biggrin:

Haha, I hope you all have a great weekend and stay hydrated and good luck at bbq's and family gatherings on this holiday weekend!!!!

Just remember Tigermom, those Tigers are down three players, or it might be four. But looking at the current score "they" might win today. :scared2:

well, well, I guess I eat crow. The tiger and the wildcats did a great job yesterday, but the bird got plucked. Maybe next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I won't hold my breath, though).

Oh my goodness ladies...I think I had my first experience of something getting stuck tonight...I had brisket for dinner and I don't know if I didn't chew well enough or ate too fast or a little bit of both, but WOW that was the most painful experience I have had in a very long time. Finally it ended coming back up (not trying to be graphic) and I felt better, has anyone else experienced this? Am I crazy??

Tiger - welcome to the club. It's just part of having a band. meat needs to be MOIST. So BBQ Sauce might have helped. However, you are right - could have been not chewing well enough or eating to fast.

I don't allow myself to be too hungry - or I eat too fast.

You are right, it is painful.

Just checking to see if there are many of us.

I'm in Overland Park. Where are you?

:smile:

Hi, I was just banded on August 31st and in KC. I won the Lap Band from Dr. Malley are Malley surgical weight loss center. Recovery going well. Shoulder pain was the worst, but it is now better! Congrats to you! Jennifer

My NSV...I've been buying shirts at Old Navy in the XXL size, but they are hanging off of me very funny now. Gotta try another size.

My scale victory...Running around the stadium and airport on Saturday made me lose 3 pounds. I waited a few days for it to come back, but it didn't. So now I claim victory over those 3 pounds.

How did you all enjoy your weekend?

So excited! Today is my first fill! Any tips?

Welcome to our group, Jennifer. The lap band is a marvelous tool to help with weight loss and control.

Dawn - don't worry about the fill. It is a simple procedure and nothing to fear.

KS - 3 lbs. gone forever. That is one of the things I love most about my band. When the weight comes off, it stays off.

So excited! Today is my first fill! Any tips?

How did your fill go?

Going in for my second fill today, I have not been on the scale since my last fill so I am excited to see how I am doing. Clothes are starting to get a little baggy, I never wore anything super tight anyway :). I am sad that Malley doesn't do the clothing exchange anymore, i will mention it today when I am in the office. I hope everyone enjoys the short week!!

My fill went well! It did not hurt but it felt weird! I was glad to find out that my port is healing well - I was worried because I have a 14.5 month old son that I lug around. Dr. Kowalski put 4cc in my band. Is that a normal amount for a first fill?

Prairie Dawn - this is a very individual process. Each doctor is different and each patient is different.

I've learned, doesn't really matter what amount, as long as you each your sweet spot.

Glad that first fill is behind you.