Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Hey there everyone!!!! It has been forever since I have posted anything. I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas!!! Things are going good here, I am thinking I am needing a fill but then today i feel a bit tighter so who knows my next appointment isn't until Jan 19th so we will see if I call to try to get in earlier. I definately overindulged over the holiday and I am looking forward to getting back into the gym and getting back on track. :)

KC: I am curious as to what the coconut water's benefits are?

I have experienced more hiccupping the last couple of days, has anyone else experienced more of that since the band? I hope you all have a very safe New Year!!!

Hey there everyone!!!! It has been forever since I have posted anything. I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas!!! Things are going good here, I am thinking I am needing a fill but then today i feel a bit tighter so who knows my next appointment isn't until Jan 19th so we will see if I call to try to get in earlier. I definately overindulged over the holiday and I am looking forward to getting back into the gym and getting back on track. :)

KC: I am curious as to what the coconut water's benefits are?

I have experienced more hiccupping the last couple of days, has anyone else experienced more of that since the band? I hope you all have a very safe New Year!!!

I've experienced the hiccup stage. I get them when I eat to fast. It takes longer for that full message to get from my stomach to my mind. Take time with the smaller amounts.

Hi KC bandsters.... I am just a short drive away in Iowa and I make it to beautiful KC often! Love it there. Do any of your docs do fills for patients that did not get their surgery done with them? If so, would you be willing to send me a personal email with your docs contact information?

Thanks!

I hope everyone is doing well. I went to the support group for February and really enjoyed it. The newest thing is that I've gotten the body bugg from 24 Hour Fitness and I love it. It really works!

Other than that I've been really busy with just about everything.

Just wondering where u are in Iowa... I am also in Iowa

Hi KC bandsters.... I am just a short drive away in Iowa and I make it to beautiful KC often! Love it there. Do any of your docs do fills for patients that did not get their surgery done with them? If so, would you be willing to send me a personal email with your docs contact information?

Thanks!

I was banded on Jan 6, 2011 and I'm in Olathe. The Bariatric Center of Kansas City did my surgery in Shawnee Mission. So far so good down 21 lbs. I like getting on this web site it helps a lot. People ask thing that deep down you want to ask yourself but don't. It is a great support. I haven't went to one with a group except the one that was required at the beginning of this process. Good luck to you all....

Hi Dawnzy. I am about 30 miles south of you. I had my surgery at the Minimally Invasive Surgical Hospital in Lenexa.

Hi, I'm new to this group. I live in basehor just outside of Kansas City, close to Legends. I was banded Thursday 2-10-11. I just moved here from Colorado in November and would love to join a small support group!

Just checking to see if there are many of us.

I'm in Overland Park. Where are you?

:confused:

How are you feeling? Take care of yourself and remember that you'll need to heal before you can really lose.

Hi, I'm new to this group. I live in basehor just outside of Kansas City, close to Legends. I was banded Thursday 2-10-11. I just moved here from Colorado in November and would love to join a small support group!

Hey all! I'm new to the board. I live in Shawnee and am getting banded tomorrow by Dr Fearing at New Hope Bariatrics. Does anyone participate in the support group there? I'm totally spooked about surgery tomorrow, and it has more to do with the lack of control going under and coming out of surgery.

Hey all! I'm new to the board. I live in Shawnee and am getting banded tomorrow by Dr Fearing at New Hope Bariatrics. Does anyone participate in the support group there? I'm totally spooked about surgery tomorrow, and it has more to do with the lack of control going under and coming out of surgery.

I'm in Shawnee also. The people at New Hope are going to take great care of you. I've been to the meetings several times and last weeks meeting was the best I've been to. Get all your questions out to those that can help...stay in contact with the office.

I love this group! Everyone is at a different stage of the process.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Hi isit5yet!

I was banded at NewHope at the end of November. They were so amazing. You have your own nurse, who literally comes in the room every time you move. I got there at 8:30 and left at 2:30. It was very smooth and I don't regret anything. I am down 30lbs! They are really great at supporting you and I call them all the time whenever I have question.

Your surgery will be fine and they will take very good care of you!

Good luck

sam

Hey Sam,

Got banded today, and you were totally right about the New Hope staff. They took great care of me. While I got the band, the dr fixed a hernia too. So far, the left shoulder pain and diaphragm pain from the hernia fix is the worst pain I'm in. I'm slowly sipping Water, gatorade and my shakes. Hopefully, I can sleep well tonight or sleep in this big comfy club chair we have. The worst part of the night is not pick up my daughter, 22 months old. When she went to bed, she kept crying for me to pick her up. Totally heartbreaking :(

Hi isit5yet!

I was banded at NewHope at the end of November. They were so amazing. You have your own nurse, who literally comes in the room every time you move. I got there at 8:30 and left at 2:30. It was very smooth and I don't regret anything. I am down 30lbs! They are really great at supporting you and I call them all the time whenever I have question.

Your surgery will be fine and they will take very good care of you!

Good luck

sam

How is everyone doing? And NSV? Are you more excited about this summer coming up?

I love the sun and I'm super happy to see it. Already got a sun burn on my chest from one day. I've been getting some great deals on smaller sizes and need to get rid of larger clothes.

Post an update on how your doing.

anyone know of a doc in MO that does fills on foreign bands? mine was Dr. Ortiz in 07, very successful and i've had my first fill with him then was lucky enough to hook up with dr. vitello in chicago/downers grove. he is no longer doing them and i was a little bit of an "unfill"; i've continued to lose weight after goal and i want to use self control now. right now i am rarely eating which is not good. any suggestion would be great. $ is an issue so i don't go to some of the st louis docs cuz its close to $1000 from what i've seen so far

thanks again and good luck to everyone

the fills are the secret

i met a woman who took a little cooler to fills with her so she could get the fill and see if she tolerated different foods, seemed smart