Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for May Bandsters

I was banded Wednesday the 12th. I feel pretty good today. The only pain is my port site and just above it I had hernia repair. I was scared but it was for nothing. I know that now.

It is not bad at all. I only had a little shoulder/back pain the 1st day. Walking and a heating pad did wonders for me. I was able to go to my daughters 1st dance recital on Thursday, just the day after surgery.

Just remember, everyone is different. We all have described our experiences yet these are only possiblities. My doctor also advised against comparing weight loss with others. We are all different and if you compare you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Oh and I gained 3 lbs after surgery due to swelling. That too shall pass.

Glad to hear you are doing well, Angie!! I had my band put on May 5th - so.... 9 days ago. Every day I feel better and better. Feel like I've got most of my energy back today - yippee! I'm finding the pureed foods easy to do - I'm barely getting any hunger. :w00t: So far - this is very easy!! And you are quite right about comparing wt loss - everybody is an individual. So far - I've lost 8 lbs. It's a step in the right direction! I've started calorie counting for the past 2 days - because even on pureed foods... it can add up quickly. 1100 calories yesterday, and so far 607 today - it's 5pm. And I tried on a pair of pants that were too small, and they fit!!! That made me VERY happy! I've had no nausea, and just feel full when I'm full. I did try a mocha frappe from McDs the other day - that made me feel a bit ill - won't do that again anytime soon. :laugh: I was really worried about the surgery - but I'm feeling just great about it now.

Banded yesterday and home from the hospital today. I am a bit sore. And tired due to some poor old guy down the hall yelling all night :w00t: Feels so much better to be home.

Day two is comming to a close and I still feel pretty good. My husband took me to a few stores today and I was able to walk around both with no problems. My incisions do not hurt unless I am trying to get up from a chair or bed. Then they're just a little tender. I am having issues with going # 1 in the potty. I can't push with my stomach at all and therefore am making about 10 extra trips and trying to remember to drink an ounce of Fluid every 15 min. has proven to be quite the task. Other then that everything is going really well. I weighed myself this morning and I was up 2 lbs but I know that it's just the swelling and Water retention. I am looking forward to the numbers droping from here on out. If anyone has any questions about the surgery and what it was like I would be more then happy to answer them for you. I am planning to document my journey and can't wait to start hearing about all of yours as well. Take care all!

264109.png

Longest month of my life! May 26th! Only 12 more days. Nervous aaand excited

Well, I was banded on May 4 and had to have an unfill on the 10th. I was having trouble drinking or getting anything down. I went back today and had a fill and have lost 14 lbs since the 4th. I have now lost 50 lbs. That's since my first visit with my nutritionist on March 15. I'm so happy with myself. I just had to brag.

Yay Biker Jon! Awesome work!!!

My weight is coming off slow but sure, and- my banding happens the 26th! Yay me!

Holy smokes, Jon!! 50 lbs!!!! That's amazing - well done!! In two months?! My hat is off to you, my friend! I was banded May 5th, and I'm quite proud of my 11 pound loss. :thumbup::laugh: Today is the first day I actually almost feel - knock on wood - normal again. No port site pain, just a bit of pain on my waist on the left (which has been the case all along - I have an incision there that bruised alot). I'm on soft foods (hard for me to define soft foods - aren't they all soft once you chew them??). I had some wheat thins and tuna salad yesterday - bliss!!! Kinda weird - my upper stomach - banded part - feels full after about a cup of food. Get that feeling in my chest and back that tells me to stop eating. But the rest of my stomach is still growling hungry and saying feed me! for about 20 minutes. I guess until that little bit of food filters down, I'm still hungry. Wrestling with the conflicting messages. And not drinking after eating is oh so very hard. I usually have a hot cup of tea after lunch - and it's killing me not having it. :thumbup: Gotta work on that one.

I'm the 26th too. It seems like this month has taken FOREVER!! I just want it done and move on already! LOL.

I'm the 26th too. It seems like this month has taken FOREVER!! I just want it done and move on already! LOL.

I know! Cant wait, but very nervous.

Well, I was banded on May 4 and had to have an unfill on the 10th. I was having trouble drinking or getting anything down. I went back today and had a fill and have lost 14 lbs since the 4th. I have now lost 50 lbs. That's since my first visit with my nutritionist on March 15. I'm so happy with myself. I just had to brag.

Hi Biker Jon... Did you get a fill during your surgery? My doctor won't do my first fill until 4 weeks post op. Congrats on the weightloss... That is amazing! Keep it up!

You all are doing so well! Such success stories for me to "feed" on! I have lost 20# since my pre-op surgical visit on 5/4. I was banded on 5/18. I still have occasional aches and pains and am just shy of enough energy to chase after my 2 and 4 yr old children. That will all get better I am sure. I am so proud of you all ... you keep me coming back for more!

:^) Katie

Just realized I hadn't checked in here since I was banded on 5/19. So glad to finally be on the other side! I'm still sore in the stomach but that's pretty normal. Gas pains come and go as well, nothing too terrible. Generally speaking each day that passes (it's now day 4) gets better.

Surgery was a new thing for me, so the whole deal was a bit nerve-wracking - first time in a hospital for anything, first anesthesia, first recovery. I definitely had a difficult first day or two, but as long as I took my pain meds I was fine. Got off those on Friday, still taking Tylenol and Gas-X, and walking around. I spent a lot of time resting the last few days letting myself recover, but making sure to take short walks every once in a while. Looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, for at least part of the day.

Since I don't have a scale, I had to weigh myself post-op at the hospital. Turns out I lost 16lbs on my 2-week pre-op diet (360lbs 5/3, 344lbs 5/20). And that may be a bit low since this was after surgery and a night of fluids, so I might have lost a bit more. Not sure what post-op weight loss looks like - I'm told it can be slow - so probably better that I don't have a scale to check in with way too often. I'll definitely update when I go back for followup in 10 days or so.

In any case, it's just great to be losing, and to have the faith that I am doing the right thing and the confidence that I'm heading in the right direction. I don't have any hard and fast goals set in terms of pounds; my goals are more in terms of exercise, energy, and clothing size. That said, I'd like to Celebrate when I hit 299 because I really feel like if I take this one day at a time and follow the program, I'll never see 300 again. My long-term weight goal is probably low 200s, but my life goal is health and happiness and I know I made the right decision in taking this step.

Congrats to all of you who are also taking this journey and have inspired me. I think keeping in touch with this board helped me a lot in the weeks leading up to surgery and I believe continuing to keep in touch and support each other will help all of us succeed!:thumbup:

OMG Katie...that is so awesome! Hope your energy level picks up soon though...Adam did say to plan to be out of work for 2 weeks so it'll probably take that long to feel normal again. I'm still in a holding pattern waiting for a call back from Verizon, hoping now by Tues.

Congratulations to everyone on the board for taking their lives back with this life long commitment! I'm looking forward to my turn to more actively participate too.

Priscilla

Well I have finally went through with it banded on May 20 Dr said everything went fine but still stayed the night not very much pain I didn't need any during the overnight stay starting to miss all the good food but I know I time some of them will come back