Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for May Bandsters

Well, I am almost 2 weeks out (banded 05/13), and other than lacking some energy, I'm ok. I'm hungry just on liquid diet, and not supposed to add anything back until 2 weeks (soft food stage), but I had to have something today...so, blended up a banana, scoop of chocolate Protein, 2 tbsp Peanut Butter (licked the spoon, too!) a cup of milk. It was wonderful! I only drank half of it, and that was likely too much, but boy it sure hit the spot...well, not like a cheeseburger, but you know what I mean? I meet with the nutritionist this Wednesday to see where to go from here.

Hi Biker Jon... Did you get a fill during your surgery? My doctor won't do my first fill until 4 weeks post op. Congrats on the weightloss... That is amazing! Keep it up!

Yes, I had a 4cc fill during surgery. When I went for the unfill they took out 3cc. I got a 1.5cc fill when I went for my follow up visit. I now feel like I have a very little restriction. I am able to drink Water freely but eating solids is definately restricted.

I am being banded on Thursday May, 27 th ! Getting excited but a little nervous about the pain !

Whoopee!!! Tomorrow's my day, 8:00am is the time! I'm grateful for using all my time to act as if I'm already banded because now I'm not scared at all. I know I can handle it well, and that's a very good feeling. Just takes persistence and not giving in to my negative voices that love to whisper into my ear! All I have to do now is keep on truckin' (heavens, I'm dating myself)!

Thanks for the support and feedback here- it's been most helpful.

I got banded on 5/14/10 still a little nervous I start eating soft foods friday I'm so afraid that I'm gonna gain weight in the next four weeks before my first adjustment on the 24 of June but the Doctor says not to worry about losing weight let your stomach adjust I've lost 25 lbs. in four weeks I need some advice on what I can eat soft foods I don't know if iI can handle the puree or not I'll have to try it I guess I know it will be worth the sacrifice just got to adjust to mnew eating habits this is so new for me but I will manage for my family it'll be worth it.

I was banded on the 14th as well. The soft foods I'm eating are egg salad (eggs in the blender with a bit of mayo and Pickle Juice and it gets it really fine), chicken salad (pureed), SF pudding, chili without Beans (I crush the meat up really well and then make sure to chew really well), mashed potatoes, and I made broccoli casserole the other night, just boiled the broccoli for a bit longer so it was soft, and made sure I ate slowly and chewed well. A good snack is Peanut Butter on a spoon, just lick. SF popsicles and SF Fudgesicles, oh, and GUM... :smile2:

Well! I just got banded approximately an hour ago! nothing to it. It does hurt a little at the biggest incision . Nothing anyone cant handle .. worst part is the intervenous.

YAY!!

You got banded an hour ago and you are already coherent enough to post? WOW!! I was very out of it the whole day. :confused: Congrats!!!!

Well, now, I have had to change course. I went into surgery May 26 to get the band, and came out of surgery with no band because of a huge hiatal hernia that had misshapen my stomach and made the band impossible. After being big time disappointed, I did a lot of research and have decided to have the vertical sleeve done instead. So my new surgery date is June 22, and now I have to switch forums. I will miss it here!

I wasn't even conscious an hour after surgery?! And the first day -- would not have worked for me. Congrats on the grat recovery!

Anne, best of luck to you. At least they found the hernia and repaired it enough to do another procedure. Take care!

Thanks for the great recommendations. I use my blender now to mix the Meal Replacements with ice and fruit because they are getting a bit "boring". That blender is gonna get a workout! (Along with me lol).

That sounds so nummy! I'm with you on the energy thing. I was banded a week ago today and I feel great, but no energy despite a lot of walks, arm weights etc. I guess the body doesn't have much energy on 600 cals a day does it? I'm trying your "shake" tomorrow :-). Hope all is well!

Yes, I had a 4cc fill during surgery. When I went for the unfill they took out 3cc. I got a 1.5cc fill when I went for my follow up visit. I now feel like I have a very little restriction. I am able to drink Water freely but eating solids is definately restricted.

My doctor did just the opposite -- didn't restrict at all. Since I just got banded last week I haven't really been hungry, but now I'm starving and have to keep busy all the time and give away all my "trigger food". Hopefully he'll fill me next week when I go in???

I'm two weeks out now, and I didn't get any fill during surgery. I've seen it both ways, but it seems more docs do not fill at surgery time than do.

My first fill is a month away still, and I am definitely getting hungrier now that the swelling has subsided. I go back for a follow-up tomorrow and then will be put on soft foods for a while - though I have to say I've been eating Soups all this week without straining them, and have been fine.

I think the hard thing for me is that I'm still wondering what "full" is exactly. And how to differentiate head hunger from actual hunger. I find that I can eat two cups of Soup, for instance, but that I can be perfectly satisfied by one. The second one is just head hunger. I don't want to test my band by any means, so I am still treading pretty lightly, but I guess I need to pay more attention. All I can tell is that if I have the extra soup I feel a bit fuller in my upper stomach.

Better to overdo soup than something with empty calories, but still, it's one of those things I have to keep an eye on. I think making only one portion of something is a good idea for me, because I won't be tempted to go for that second cup and will still feel satisfied.

Guess I'm entering the "bandster hell" period here....it's one thing to be recovering and doing liquids only because you have to, but I think the challenge really will come in when real food is introduced and you have to negotiate that.

Congrats to all the May bandsters again. Anne, we're sorry to be losing you but I'm very happy you'll be getting the sleeve and getting it done so soon, too - that's great. Let's keep this forum alive and help each other through the "bandster hell" period until we all get decent restriction:cool2: