Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what have you done because you were embarrased of your weight?

I have many- but the first one is---

Similar to you guys about the fast food & the extra drink---

I have pretended I was talking on the cell phone while paying for fast food & Saying" Yes- sweetie I got everything you want & then some" or something along those lines. Just so they would never think she could eat ALL OF THAT FOOD HERSELF> which of course I could;0(

I have pretended I was talking on the cell phone while paying for fast food & Saying" Yes- sweetie I got everything you want & then some" or something along those lines. Just so they would never think she could eat ALL OF THAT food HERSELF> which of course I could;0(

EEEEEEEEEEEEE.Ok, I have totally done that too! One time I even turned the shower on so the pizza guy would think someone was in the bathroom! Heaven forbid the pizza guy think I'm fat!

I just had another example of one of these. I was really psyched to find out that some medical expenses are deductible so I started making a list. And then I immediately thought "Oh no! I'll have to get someone else to do my taxes next year. I don't want my regular accoutant to see the surgery and all the different weight loss programs I've shelled out for this year."

Oh my god reading all this just makes me realize that I am not the only 1 doing things and hoping other people didn't notice. I have done almost every thing every one has mentioned. Especially ask for a table at a restaurant to avoid the embarrasment of not fitting in a booth. I went to six flags about 2 years ago and got on the Mr. Freeze, the bar was so tight I actually blacked out on the ride. When I came to I realized the ride was over. I also attempted to get on the Batman, my husband pushed down on the bar with his full body weight and the bar would not click. How embarrasing I should have known better. The attendant finally said " Ma'am I'm sorry but you can't ride if the seat will not buckle. Jesus help me! But I still couldn't stop eating it just made me feel worse.

I just thought of this and it is related to the season. It was when I was in about 4th grade. My mother had bought the Halloween candy on sale a few weeks early and left the bags ready to go in the candy basket in her closet until Halloween. I would go in night after night and sneak some reese's Peanut Butter cups (still my personal all time favorite). I thought she would never notice a few gone as I would put the wrappers in my backpack and throw them away at school. When Halloween came around I heard my mom yelling for me as I was putting my costume on. I followed her yells into the closet to find that I had eated every last piece of candy in the basket and had not realized it. She knew it was me because it wasn't her or my dad. We had no candy to give out for Halloween that year, don't think I didn't go out trick or treating for more though. My mom still gives me a hard time about it. It's funny to me now, but I never realized to think of my food obsession even back then.

I hate that every picture I have at Christmas has me holding a pillow, present, child, dog, what ever I can to hide my fat belly. I dodge the cameras at school and home. The last picture I have of myself is my childs 4th birthday party (he is almost 7 now) and I am holding the cake (in front of my belly) but you can't hide a 320lb face. I have lost down to 285 now, but I still hide.

I would go to subway and get the 12 inch. I would have them wrap it in singles.< /p>

Cheaper to by the 12 inch than two singles.I would eat 1/2 before I got back to work. So when lunch came around 30 min later I was only eating a 6 inch subway.Want some chips Linda???? They ask???? No thank's this is more than enough. Yeah right

Bought plane tickets online so I could pick my seats and get a window seat, so my fat could hang over a side that on no one sits.

I've always cut out clothes tags incase my tag were to pop outta my shirt and someone would see that big ol' 3X.

I also would stop for fast food and throw the wrappers away, or eat my first part and throw those wrappers away, and take the second part home and pretend I didn't eat yet.

Everyone has so many things in common!

I used to order food for myself at a take away place and then do the "hmmm I wonder what he wants" bit. That way they wouldn't think it was all for me...whereas we KNOW the truth.

Also, and I am not sure I should admit this....one time, after an embarrasing situation on a plane...when the hostess called out to her colleague at the front of the FULL plane "We need a belt extension down here!", I pinched one, and took it with me everytime I went on a plane so as not to have to ask for one! LOL Although this makes me sound bad, as recompense I left it on the last plane I went on as I don't need it anymore!!!

Also the sneaking leftovers when no one is looking...so is it any wonder I got to be the size I was. sigh

Thérèse

Oh lord, this is embarassing,,, but that Subway story reminded me that one time I went to Quiznos and I couldn't decide b/w 2 sandwiches so I decided to get a small one of each and I actually went to the lengths of writing it down a peice of paper so I could read it off to look as if I was ordering for 2 people! I make a promise here and now that I will not ever do any of these things again. I will proud of the 15 pounds I have lost so far, and I will know that I will keep losing and I will not be that person that does all of the above (which trust me, there is not much on this list I haven't done before). Thanks to everyone for sharing - I think sharing this info really helped us all to know we aren't alone, to encourage us all to change our ways, and helped us all "face the truth, come to Jesus, etc" with ourselves!

Not go to the gynecologist even though I am at high risk for cervical cancer. I didn't want to subject the doctor to looking at my HUGE @$$.

Sigh...

Oh no RisibleGirl! Get thee to the gyno pronto!! You want to make sure you're around to enjoy your svelte new body, right?

I was thinking about this thread today when I ordered McDonalds... It's funny, but even though I have a lot of weight left to lose I no longer feel panicky placing an order for a bunch of food with only one drink. My husband is the only one who drinks soda, so today I ordered a value meal with a drink for him, chicken and fries for two kids, and a chicken sandwich for me. If I was ordering that pre-band I would have ordered at least one extra drink. God forbid they think that was all for me! Now, it doesn't even cross my mind because I know they could care less.

It helps that I know I'll only be able to eat at most half of my sandwich. What a difference a band makes... :)

1. Ordered the extra drink thing.

2. Covered my lap to hide the seat belt that wouldn't fasten.

3. Buried wrappers deep in the trash.

4. Ate before a party so I could attempt to eat ONLY a "normal" portion at the party.

5. Had a full drive through meal and then regular dinner with the family.

6. Would hit 2 or three fast food places in a row, instead of ordering three meals for myself at the same place. McD's, Taco Bell, and then across the street at an A&W type place.

7. Fabricated an elaborate story that I had a rare disease that if I missed even just one meal I would lose weight so fast that I would starve to death immediately. I loved perfecting this story. :) lol I never told it to anyone, but I loved working on it... hehe

8. Fantasized about starting to wear a "fat" suit 24/7 while I actually lost weight, so that one day I could go into work and I would be miraculously skinny. Then I would tell everyone that I was never really fat - it was an experiment to see if I would be treated any differently.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAA

And yet ever so sad, at the same time... lol :D