Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Views
Started by susanlondon, Sep 23, 2007 10:34 AM
11981 replies to this topic
11981 replies to this topic

Mrs J.J

Think positive thoughts

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted August 11, 2008 - 11:11 AM

Hi Kath,

So glad to hear that everything went well with you too. Isn´t it just wonderful how great they all are at the hospital and Dr Chris´s team.

Good luck on the next few days, things do get easier and the port pain will disappear soon enough.

mooster

Banded Aug 6th 2008.

Posted August 11, 2008 - 12:29 PM

Hi Kath
Thanks for your message.
God I feel so nervous now. I just want it all to be over and back in my own bed.
I have a few questions. Can you remember how much it cost for a taxi from the hotel to the hospital or the hotel to Dr Chris consulting clinic.
Did you have to have a cathiter (not sure it thats spelt correctly). Did you take any soup or slimfast etc to the hospital. Is there a restaurant at the hospital for visitors to have something to eat.
I hope you recover very soon!
Best of luck to a happier, slimmer lifestyle.
Take care
EnglishRose

Hi English Rose,
Sorry I didnt reply sooner, but I had to go see my Dr for some more supplies. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on the site but after the surgery you have to have injections in your stomach for 10 days to stop the blood clotting. The hospital does the first 2 and they give you 5 more when you are leaving,not quite enough to last the 10 days though! Back to your other questions, I think Mrs J.J answered most of them earlier, but there is also a "Lidl" store in Vilvoorde which is quite cheap for soups etc.
Your other question......you have a small drain in where the port is,which comes out the next morning. Concerning the taxi's we paid approx 20-22 Euros from the airport to the Campanile Hotel, approx 10 Euros to Dr DeBruyne's house/consulting rooms, and approx 8 Euros to the hospital.
(The hospital & hotel will order for you)!
Hope I've been of some help to you, Kath.:):)

mooster

Banded Aug 6th 2008.

Posted August 11, 2008 - 12:33 PM

Hi Mrs J.J
Thank you for your message, and for wishing me well. I appreciate all the good wishes I've received from everyone.
Thanks again, Kath.

mooster

Banded Aug 6th 2008.

Posted August 11, 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi I am going today to belguim for my pre visit with Dr Chris I am very nervous:mellow: ,I live in the north of england and don't know anybody else who has had this done so could do with a friend for support:smile2: has anybody out there who has been refused the day before as i am worried now:unsure: I AM 45YRS OLD AND FEMALE WITH OVE 5STONE TO LOSE

Hi Jackruss,
I dont know if you have already left for Belgium or not as you said you were going today. Don't be nervous, it will all go smoothly for you I'm sure. I also live in the north-west so if you want some support I'm here!By the way, I've not heard of anyone being refused the night before( but the thought did cross my mind at one point )!!!!!
Good Luck,
Kath.:)

Bubble

Novice

Posted August 11, 2008 - 5:03 PM

Hi Kath would you say you are fit to go back to work as i am due back to work 6 days after the surgery ? i've been reading the different posts here did you get the package and do you have to inject yourself to stop your blood clotting for 10 days

Edited by Bubble, August 11, 2008 - 5:55 PM.

mooster

Banded Aug 6th 2008.

Posted August 11, 2008 - 6:21 PM

Hi Bubble,
Personally, I wouldnt like to go back to work just 6 days after the surgery,but then again everyone is different. Yes you do have to inject yourself,but luckily my husband isn't as queasy with needles as I am, and he has been doing it for me since I left the hospital!

Kath.:mellow::wink2:

Bubble

Novice

Posted August 11, 2008 - 6:31 PM

:mellow: Oh Gould i wont tell my husband about the injections just spring that one i think. i dont think i will be able to do them myself. Thanks for talking to me i am nervous i think more so because i am going on my own, still reading all these posts does put you at ease :wink2:

mooster

Banded Aug 6th 2008.

Posted August 11, 2008 - 6:41 PM

Hi Bubble,
Don't worry too much about the injections as it's a case of grabbing a roll of fat (very easy in my case!!!) and injecting into the fat (which I also have plenty of!!!). As for going on your own I'm sure you will meet at least 1 other person at the hotel, as I did!
Kath. :wink2:

Bubble

Novice

Posted August 11, 2008 - 6:53 PM

:mellow: Lol, i know exactly what you mean, If they didnt give you enough of the injections where did you get the rest from your GP ? :wink2:

mooster

Banded Aug 6th 2008.

Posted August 12, 2008 - 4:38 PM

Hi Bubble, yes I did get the other injections from my Dr. They cant give you the exact ones as they dont do them in Britain, and the pharmacy may have to order them for you, as mine had to do. Hope that helps?
Kath.:whatchutalkingabout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates