Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

flirtylass you not got long to go than now you will have to let me know how you get on cant wait to hear only just over a week are you excited.

Hi Flirtylass!! just wondering how your pre-op diet is going? not long now!!

i started a pre-op diet yesterday. I know its a week early but i figure the longer the better for me! Not gonna be overly stricked this week just gonna replace Breakfast and lunch with a slimfast shake and a piece of fruit mid afternoon. then my ordinary dinner minus carbohydrates! hopefully it won't be such a shock then for my body when i go onto liquids only!!

good luck!!

angiexxx

Hey English Rose!

can you tell me how you uploaded your ticker?? i couldn't get mine to upload so had to just copy the picture and paste!!! but it doesn't look good and i am unable to click it to get an automatic link to the ticker website for updating it.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

angie xxx

Using TickerFactory as an example:

1. Go to www.tickerfactory.com

2. Click on Weightloss

3. Select a ticker ruler. Veiw all available by clicking on the page numbers. Once you have selected the one you want to use, click Next.

4. Select a ticker slider. Veiw all available by clicking on the page numbers. Once you have selected the one you want to use, click Next.

5. Select the measure of weight that you use. (pounds or kilograms)

6.If you wish the ticker to show your current weight and count down to your goal weight, select Weight.

7. If you wish the ticker to show only the amount of weight you wish to lose and how much you've lost, (not your current or goal weight) select Weight Change.

8. Enter your starting, current and goal weights, and then click Next.

9. You will now be on the final page with the codes to copy for pasting into your signature line on LBT.

There are a couple of ways put the code into your signature line on LBT. Here is one option...

1. Highlight the text in the bbCode box, leaving off the URL codes. See diagram below:

3888d1212856970t-how-get-ticker-your-signature-bbcode.png

2. Go to LBT and click on the Quick Links button at the top of the page, select Edit Signature.

3. Click in your signature box and type Ctrl+V to paste it in.

(Ctrl+V or Ctrl+A or Ctrl+C all mean to hold down the Ctrl and specified letter key at the same time)

Another option for pasting the ticker code into your signature line:

1. Highlight and copy all of the text in the url box like this:

3890d1212856970t-how-get-ticker-your-signature-ticker-url.png

2. Go to LBT and click on the Quick Links button at the top of the page, select Edit Signature.

3. Select Edit Signature.

4. Click on the Insert Image icon like this:

3891d1212856970t-how-get-ticker-your-signature-sig-screen.png

5. Before clicking in the box below "Please enter the URL for your image:" hit your delete or backspace button on your keyboard to clear the box.

6. Click inside the box and type Ctrl+V to paste in the copied url. Then click Ok. This will place the ticker into the signature line.

Now click on Preview Signature to see if everything is how you want it. If it is, click on Save Signature.

Last edited by PhotoNut; 03-17-2006 at 03:53 PM.

Hi English Rose!!

Thank you so much!!!! that was so good of you to go into such detail!! if i don't get it right this time then i will have to accept that i am computer iliterate !!

right i'm off to try this out!! lol!

i will let you know if i am successful (hopefully with a fully working ticker at the bottom of my reply!!)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

had my first slimfast shake for lunch today!!! wow! those things really are filling! i could only manage half before i felt full and thats before i'm banded ! lol!

great news!!

my doctor has referred me to a dietician on NHS for after my op!!!! so now means that i'll be able to get aftercare free!! i will still see dr chris in dublin for my fills, but won't feel so isolated up here in the north should i have problems!!!!!!!!!!!

YEHHHHHHHH

hi im booked to go 11-11-08 ne advice would b welcome as iv never been abroad im s--ting myself was wondering y its so cheap and do we go to his house to pay him thank you

Hi just to tell you not to worry, I was banded on the 12.8.08 ,I was late getting there and missed my appointment with Dr Chris and he was lovely he met me the next day at the hosp and put me at ease , I paid him then and was shown to my room where I shared with one other girl who was there for the same op and the staff and hosp were great and very clean ,if you need to ask anything just ask as we have all been there good luck and calm down you will be fine jackie

hi im booked to go 11-11-08 ne advice would b welcome as iv never been abroad im s--ting myself was wondering y its so cheap and do we go to his house to pay him thank you

Hi Chubster, I was banded by Dr Chris 3 weeks ago in Belgium. I think it's so cheap because he does so many of them ! Yes, you do go to his house, but you go round the side of the house where he has a waiting room. Feel free to ask any other questions....

Kath.:rolleyes:

Hi angie

Well aint u good started ur pre op diet already as for mine its ok lol i ate some chicken yesterday an thats it thats all im eating really i have bad chest infection at the min im praying for it to be gone in time... Im starting hairdressing in belfast on wedensday the day before i go to belgium so il be wrecked but cant wait when i come back il get my exercise walking from station to it an back every day be at least 5.5miles every day then il be on my feet all day to which will help i cant believe this time next week i shall be leaving the hospital it doesnt feel real i hope i done enough of a pre op diet... Oh an you'l be seeing dr chris on thurs imagine u'l see him before i do lol

Oh and naomi hi yeah im nervous as hell im half thinking now what the hell am i doing do i really need to do this i have no probs getting weight off its keeping it off so i know its what i want im just afraid but it'l all be over this day week...

Ursula

Edited by flirtylass

hi thanks for reply im hopless at computers how r you feeling do you think i will be fit enough to fly home to london the next day i cant wait feel like a new life will b starting lol

hi all is there ne one booked for cdb in nov 11 im from london and confuesed thanks to all for reply hope everyone is feeling good :biggrin:

hi Flirty!!

Poor you!!! I really hope that chest infection clears up soon for you! Take plenty of Vitamin C supplements!!

i started on the slimfast Meal Replacements. They are high in Protein but think they may be too high in carbohydrates?? i have been keeping in good contact with a lady tin Mexico who has been put on her pre-op diet (3 weeks!!!!) and she has told me that her doctor insisted on the high protein/low carbohydrates of the Atkins diet! so i have found a uk company who sells products fro people on the Atkins and low and behold was able to find the shakes, bars, Soups etc!! The Atkins stuff is very expensive but their own brand products were much cheaper. This is the website if you are interested? Avidlite Low Carb Products .

I started a degree course in health and social care last year and start my second year the week i am in Belgium!! lol! figure they won't do much the first week so not going to panic!

You must be so excited to start your new course! i would love to have been a hairdresser but don't think i have the natural flair!

i am so excited about seeing Dr Bruyne on Thursday so i can imagine how excited you must be for Friday!!!! lucky you! not long now and the waiting will all be over!

just been to lift my pill crusher and some multi-vitamins. still need to get ones for hair and nails etc, but might have a look in Dublin for those!

Well good luck flirty! i will definately be thinking of you!

Angie xxxxxxx

HI I was banded on the 12.8.08 and yes you are naked but you will be fine and I took cuppa Soups with me as you will need to have some thing to eat back at the hotel,Dr Chris does not recommend slim fast post opp

hi, Jackruss,

i,m due for banding by dr Chris in 3 weeks. You say that he does not recommend slimfast post op? what sort of things did he suggest for post-op? and were you given advice about Vitamin supplements and Protein amounts etc before you left the hospital??

trying to get as much preparation done as possible before i am banded!

Thanks!

angie324