Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks Ursula! It is so good to be able to get first hand advice from you! Just wondering? What time did the taxi arrive at the hotel the morning of your surgery? And did Frederik have that all sorted as promised?

Also had you already made arrangements as to what time Frederik would be at your hotel the day you arrived?

Sorry to bug you!! i guess now you're the one that will be giving advice instead of asking it lol!!!

ANGIE XX

Hi angie taxi arrived at hotel at 6.45am well he was actually early and waiting on me so yes everything i was told by frederik went to plan frederik took us to airport yesterday morn... Yes if you just ask him what time he will be there at he visited me the nite before op and the evening i came out of hospital he was very good i must say i have no complaints at all the hotel was very comfy i was very happy with it has a wee kettle in room but i would advise to take a few tea bags or a small jar of coffee with u cos they dont supply much but if u want to ask more questions no probs im on msn if u wana ask there

Ursula x

Hi Flirtylass, Glad to hear that you are now home & feeling okay. As the saying goes "Things can only get better "! You've done well to lose so much weight so soon.

Regards, Kath

Ah thanks kath yeah things can only get better and im feeling good just out of bed went for a wee sleep i get tired quickley since the op but thanks yeah im delighted with the few lb iv lost considering i didnt do much of a pre op but fingers crossed i can get all my weight off but im defo glad to be out of surgery i didnt enoy it at all lol

Ursula

Hi Ursula

Pleased to hear your back and doing so well.

I felt tired after the op too but you will soon go back to normal.

Happy losing!

EnglishRose

x

Ah thanks englishrose im great today dont know myself... I was trying to get my ticker going and near smashed my laptop in frustration lol keeps coming up invalid file i tried following ur instructions u gave angie but still dont know wat code to copy to get it right so i have gave up haha too frustrating for me

Hi everyone,

I´m sitting in the hotel in Brussels. Just been to see Dr Chris and received my second fill. I now have 7cc in my 10cc band. So far so good.

Dr Chris is really such a wonderful person, he told me that if anything goes wrong during the night I can call him on his mobile and he will see me.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

hiya im glad everything has gone okay and wow 10lbs down already thats amazing i started my pre op diet today but finding it hard and i have put half a stone on since i booked my operation 6 weeks ago but yeah goin to town weekend to get some jogging bottems to take with me as my clothes are tight enough with puttin half stone on i have been pigging out alot so really can not wait now till my banding day, are you having any Protein Shakes ?

hi Miss J.J !

Have a lovely time in Belgium!! wow 7ccs?? did you get double fills each time?

Hi Naomi!

I am on the pre-op too! hold in there! not long to go now. i found the first few days awful and just kept thinking about food constantly! I am finding it so much easier now and the weight is starting to move. don't be too harsh on yourself! i keep a bag of cadburys buttons in the car! if i get a craving for chocolate i just put one button on my tongue and let it melt slowly lol!! It works!

I was using the shakes the first couple of days, but found that they really don't satisfy me at this stage. maybe it be different after the op! so instead i just sticking to high Protein - lots of chicken and beef! and low carbs, fat and sugar. oh and loads of water!!

good luck!! not long now til we both in Brussels!

angie xx

Hi all i have read all your posts on dr chris de bruyne.I have just recieved confermation that i am booked in for the op on the 11 of november 2008.Just good to hear other peoples storys.Hopefully i will be able to give some advice like yous have.

Hi naomi

No no Protein Shakes just Water cuppa Soups and juices like ribena and stuff its great no one bit hungry so im happy but yeah defo take baggy bottoms even if u just buy one pair of cheap ones in primark a few sizes bigger than u are it'l be worth it for the comfort coming home i have a lovely black belly at the mo lol but doing well didnt enjoy the first 2days but well worth it... As for pre op i couldnt stick to it at all but frederik said cos im so young it was ok i didnt stick to it they are more concerned with much older peoples liver and people who drink in extreme so dont be too hard on urself oh and if ur staying campanile i recomend the bacon cheeseburger and fries yumyum nice spicy sauce on it lol i had it nite before very nice haha

hi everyone i am in the process of booking surgery with Dr. de Byrne and would like to speak with people who have already done it because i spoke to a women named Tulia Law who says she books it for him and gave me this information and is also telling me to wire the whole amount of the surgery to a bank account (as i am in Canada) .....sounds fishy to me can someone confirm with me how they went about it ......i appreciate all help thanks alot

Hi Aminaqc

Email Dr Chris urself his addy is chris.debruyne@advalvas.be i booked mine through him over the net i think booking it through someone else can cost more but i would defo mail dr chris urself most people i know of didnt pay til they got to belgium hope this helps iv never heard of anyone paying in full before

Edited by flirtylass
putting in extra info

Please Aminaqc, edit your post. Dr Chris and his team are very professional up front people and you writing words such a scam in the same sentance as his name makes his reputation seem shabby. That also says a lot for those of us that have had our bands fitted by him.

Dr Chris and his team are very professional to the point kind of people. No one is being scammed. If you´d just waited long enough for others and me to reply to your private message then you would understand why they work the way they do with the money.

The money that you transfer is 400 Euros and it´s not to Dr Chris but to an agent he uses that gets him business. The agent uses the money you transfer to pay for your hotel stay and all your taxi´s from the airport, to the hotel, to Dr Chris, to the hospital and then back to the hotel and finally back to the airport.

The only reason that they prefer the money up front is to avoid admin costs. If they had to employ someone just to look after the money side of things, we´d all be paying a lot more for this procedure.