Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

i am going to belguim in the morning really scared now my pre op diet hasnt gone well at all and i actually weigh half a stone heavier now than when i booked my operation 2 months ago so dont know how thats gonna go down with dr chris im scared he wont do the operation because my liver wil be to fat im so ashammed of my self what do you think Dr chris will do

Hi Naomi.J

Try not to worry too much. A lot of people I met didnt do a pre-op diet, ate indian takeaways and drank like a fish. That said though, you must stick to the diet once you have been banded, otherwise you will damage your band and will be back to square one.

Noone can answer what Dr Chris will do, only he can answer that one when he opens you up and looks inside.

I hope everything goes well, let us know how you get on once your back. Im sure you will be fine.

Goodluck

EnglishRose

Thankyou yes when im banded im going to make sure i do everything by the book because i want this more than anything it has been hard saving the money to do it so i need to make it work i will keep you all posted of how i get on hopefully i will be banded on wednesday and i can tell you all how great i feel when im home i hope x

Hi Everyone

I am due have surgery with Dr De Bruyne on the 1st of October which i booked through Europesurgery. I would like to know what the post op diet recommended to you was, although i have emailed Dr De Bruyne i have not heard back from him as yet and i would like to have all the things i need ready for when i come back. Do you have to drink Protein Drinks after and if so what did you buy? I have seen that lots of people have to have a clear liquid diet for 2 weeks and then mushies for 4 weeks etc, is this what Dr De Bruyne advised you to do?

Also what size is the band you had fitted and did he partly fill it during surgery?

I feel like i really need some advise as it it getting closer and i am starting to panic that i wont have everything ready!!

Thanks

Hi CarrieJess

I had slimfast shakes but apparently they arent recommended due to the high calories, I have still lost 2 stone though since the beginning of August. You can have clear Soups with no bits. I also had crispbake crackers with jam or cream cheese on as they melt in your mouth (they give you those for lunch at the hospital).

Dont worry you will be given package which tells you what you can and cant eat.

Re the band. They do different sizes. I had a 10cc band but I know someone at the hospital who had a 15cc band. They do not fill the band during surgery you have to wait about 6 weeks before you can have a fill.

Good luck with your op.

EnglishRose

lol well we would be in the right place, we could always go window shopping and stick our noses to the windows displaying all those yummy chocs and dribble hee hee.

lol well we would be in the right place, we could always go window shopping and stick our noses to the windows displaying all those yummy chocs and dribble hee hee.

I think I had a chocolate chip installed at birth!!...

At work yesterday, my dinner launced itself from my hands... so, had a pudding to comfort myself.... wont be many more of those!!!

hiya im here in belguim on hotel computer going into hospital at 7 tomorrow morning getting nervous now everybody wish me luck plese let you all now how i get on x

Hey naomi ah you'l do just great wont be a bother on ya as for pre op dont worry bout it i didnt stick to it either an the day before op in belgium i had a ice cream and the bacon cheeseburger in restaurant that eve oh and half a moro before bed with a cuppa lol he said they dont worry too much bout it when we are so young but let me know how u are Thinkin bout ya havnt stoped thinkin bout angie all morn id say she has it over her by now cant wait to hear from her

Hi Naomi.J

The clock is ticking, not long now. Good luck but you wont need it, your be fine. I had my first fill today so Im back on liquids for 2 days. :-(

Look forward to hearing how well your doing when you get back.

EnglishRose

Hey englishrose how was ur first fill? Im getting mine on the 9th of oct so just under 5wks of being banded hope its not too soon but i want to get the ball rolling dont fancy waiting til nov how much u lost since the op? im just on mushies at the mo how long did u stay on them for?