Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Well thats me all booked in for the 10th October!!!

Anyone else going in then? It would be good to know, also would be good to find out if anyone elses partners/parents are going so my husband would have someone to talk too.

Also has anyone got any tips about getting from the Eurostar to the hotel - Campanile.

good luck i think your so brave i myself can have the 15 th oct the lady at europe surgey is going to get back to me , im so unsure of what to do for the best , i really cant trust myself with food , i know i aint very heavy but at 14 stone and only being 5 ,1 my back is starting to hurt , and i cant see it getting any better , everyone seems to have there views on it , but it just confuses me , does any ones think im mad like my family or think im thinking straight any advice would be welcome ,

l

Well thats me all booked in for the 10th October!!!

Anyone else going in then? It would be good to know, also would be good to find out if anyone elses partners/parents are going so my husband would have someone to talk too.

Also has anyone got any tips about getting from the Eurostar to the hotel - Campanile.

hi,

I'm very much the same as yourself..5'2..and 14.1.2 st and climbing..I'm having my band on the 14/10.. my family think I'm mad, but also understand that this is my decision based on how I see my weight spiralling out of control... so, if you think its right for you , then you have to go with your instincts.. hope this helps..vanessa

good luck i think your so brave i myself can have the 15 th oct the lady at europe surgey is going to get back to me , im so unsure of what to do for the best , i really cant trust myself with food , i know i aint very heavy but at 14 stone and only being 5 ,1 my back is starting to hurt , and i cant see it getting any better , everyone seems to have there views on it , but it just confuses me , does any ones think im mad like my family or think im thinking straight any advice would be welcome ,

l

Hi Flirtylass

My fill was okay, had 3ml put in a 10cc Band. It took the doctor a while to find the hole as he said it was quite deep but he got there in the end. (Ive been told that Dr Chris puts the port quite deep so that when we lose a lot of weight it doesnt stick out under the skin), not sure how true this is as I was told by a fellow bandster. I lost 7lb on pre-op diet and 23lb since 13th August. Im really pleased with that. How is your weight loss going?

I had liquids for the first week, mushies for the 2nd and 3rd by the 4th week I was eating Mash potatoe, scrambled egg and soft food like that, by the forth week I was eating chichen, fish & veg, now I can eat practically anything, bread and toast do tend to get stuck though, probably cos I dont chew enough.

EnglishRose

Hi Clarygrundy

I travelled to Belgium with the Eurostar. When you arrive in Belgium you need to take the train to Vilvoode (it was platform 19 when I went in August but you should double check). I didnt have to buy a train ticket as my Eurostar tickets were valid to any Belgium station so check yours when you get them as its probably the same and you wont need to buy another ticket. Its not that far to get to Vilvoode, probably 10 minutes on the train. When you arrive in Vilvoode its very easy to get to the Campanile Hotel, the quickest way is to walk through a short tunnel near the ticket office which leads straight into the Campanile car park 2 minutes walk. Hope you find it as it saves walking all the way round with your cases and saves about 5-10 minute walk, depending on how fast you walk.

EnglishRose

i had the band on 16 sept i was 17 half stone i went because i have bad legs only u can decide if its for u i didnt even do research i booked on line im a week in and my mind tells me i did the right thing if u smoke dont and everything will be ok i never even had sickness i had quite a lot of pain for at least 5days but know im feeling much better. Good luck.

I think I had one one of those installed to Vanessa, not only a choc chip, a crisp chip, a chip chip a...........dont know about the rest of you that are about to start the pre-op diet, but I seem to be craving for things that I wouldnt normally crave for lol I think my head is thinking its the last supper and im never going to eat again.......

lol.. yes... I fancy pie and chips but the chippy is shut!!.. not started pre op diet yet.. I need several last suppers first!!!...think i'll start on 1/10...

I've booked my flights from manchester.. paid rather a lot..suppose cheap travel has gone out of the window with recent events!!!...

I think I had one one of those installed to Vanessa, not only a choc chip, a crisp chip, a chip chip a...........dont know about the rest of you that are about to start the pre-op diet, but I seem to be craving for things that I wouldnt normally crave for lol I think my head is thinking its the last supper and im never going to eat again.......

Hi joyjoyyoung

You wont receive any details from Belgium re the pre-op diet. It says on their website that is is extremely beneficial to have a low fat diet 2 weeks prior to the op as it shrinks your liver and makes the operation easier.

EnglishRose

lol.. yes... I fancy pie and chips but the chippy is shut!!.. not started pre op diet yet.. I need several last suppers first!!!...think i'll start on 1/10...

I've booked my flights from manchester.. paid rather a lot..suppose cheap travel has gone out of the window with recent events!!!...

lol oooooooooooo I so know how you feel, im craving McDs at the moment but fighting it lol, I have the rest of this week to get over it as I am starting the diet on Monday:confused_smile:

I looked at the flight prices and decided that it was far cheaper going on the train and even though I live 6 miles from Heathrow a lot quicker, and of course the carbon footprint has to be taken into account. Do you know what hotel you are staying in yet?

l

Hey Simmy, I dont think you are mad, if you have come to the conclusion that this is what you want and have done your research that this is right for you then how can it be. Its a personal choice that you are following and really other peoples views shouldnt matter. If you are not 100% sure that this is what you want maybe you could wait a few more months. For me it took over a year to pluck up the courage to go for it, and im scared and excited all at the same time but know that I have reached this without friends and family input lol, infact I have only told a few of my friends about the pending banding and they have now changed their views and will be supporting me. Dont beat yourself up about it Simmy just do what you feel is right.

I am being banded on the 15th October and Vanessa is on the 14th so we can all be scared together lol:smile2: