Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Jiggy

Frederick came to see me at the hotel the day I was discharged to see if I was okay and to give me an information pack on aftercare. It is not written in stone that you have to stay another night but they say it is adviseable. You mentioned before that you will be travelling alone, you may find it difficult with carrying luggage. Everyone is different with regard to how much pain they are in afterwards. The women I shared a room with at the hospital felt awful after they were discharged and went straight to bed, there is no way they could have jumped on a plane and gone home, but like I said everyone is different.

If you take out the 4000 Euro package it wont be any more expensive to stay the extra night, it just means you will be away from your family for 1 extra night.

EnglishRose

Hi Clarygrundy

No I havent seen my GP since having the op. You do the injections yourself for 5 days after the op. They show you at the hospital how to do it. Dont worry its very easy and it doesnt hurt.

EnglishRose

hiya flirtylass how are you getting on are you on mushy food, i go on tuesday getting really anxcious about it now and my partner has arranged for us to do our will on friday thats a bit scary does he think i might die, i was wondering what time in the day do you have your op and how long does it last its just my mom is coming with me and she works night so she will have had no sleep when we go on tues but she wont leave the hospital case she not there when i wake up but if it gonna be a few hours she might aswell go back hotel and get some sleep anyhow hope you are well and pleased with your weight loss.

hiya nikkx and angie not long to go now how is your pre op diets going mine is not going to well im having all kinds of dreams about the op now getting scared but im very excited and i really hope i see you either in the hospital or hotel would be great to talk to some one in the flesh who has had it done but dont know what you look like dont fancy asking a stranger are you having gastric band surgery if there not cant imagine they would be to pleased haha

Hi Naomi

I guess I'll see you both in the hospital as I left it too late to get into the Campanile. I'm in the hotel Trol in the centre of Brussels. Like you the pre op diet is not really going to plan. Have cut down on fat but only lost 3lb in past week or so. Looking forward to the other side.

Nick

HI Naomi and Nick!! i leave on Sunday!! yikes! i keep having nightmares too Naomi! but i'm sure that's natural ?? as for the pre-op both of you - well i have been terrible this last few days! i did really well last week but this week i have slipped up with a few sneaky Snacks and i even had fish and chips on Sunday!! Aghhhhhhhh! i have somehow managed to lose 8lb and dispite my pitfalls i haven't put any back on again. still it's not the weight loss he is interested in is it? just have to hope my liver isn't in too bad a condition!

Thats a pity about the campanile Nick. how are you going to get back to your hotel after surgery? Don't forget to bring loose clothes for afterwards cos aparently your stomach is very swollen afterwards with the gas!

Don't worry Naomi i am sure we will find each other! besides we will probably meet in the hospital! i get discharged at 1pm the day you are admitted!

Good luck to all of us!!!!!!! and a safe journey to you both!

Angie xx

Wow Englishrose!! you have lost 2stone already!! go you! well-done! is this since your band or did you lose some on your pre-op? you must be so pleased!

Angie xx

HI Vanessa! i hope you got my reply to your email (in regards to the blog you found). Hopefully all the info i gave you has been helpful and you have been able to contact Dr Chris or his team.

good luck!

Angie xx

Well done!! you must have been very good! i hope i do as well as you have. i leave for Brussels on Sunday! get butterflies just thinking about it!!

Frederiks gonna see me early in the morning at the hotel on Monday so that means i can bring my parents sightseeing for the day! looking forward to it cos i might not feel upto it after the op! still i am going with hubby again at end of October for my fill , it will be more of a break then !!

Keep doing what you're doing!! it's obviously working! Are you glad that you went ahead with the banding? and would you do it again?

Angie xx

Hi Angie

Yes getting banded was the best decision I have ever made. No regrets at all. I wish I had done it years ago! and yes would definately do it again without a second thought.

Being banded has completely changed my life. I dont think about food as much as I used to. I enjoy my food more because I eat slower but I dont crave for more after having a small portion which is quite amazing for me as I have been a compulsive eater for years.

Try not to worry about the op, you will be in great hands. Dr Chris and his team are very professional and will put you at ease. You will be home before you know it and will be able to watch the weight drop off.

Best of luck for your op.

EnglishRose

x

I had mine done on 16 sept paid up front no problem but u can get it cheeper if u go into details a bit more mine was 3500 including two night at hotel we took the eurostar to get there was quick an local to hospital