Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Angie

Really pleased you got your ticker working. Unfortunately I cannot take the credit for the detail as I copied and pasted from another post but I am pleased you were able to get it working.

Good luck with the op, you will be fine Dr Chris is a brilliant surgeon.

EnglishRose

Hi Angie know he does not recommend slim fast post op ,I was told clear Soups or cuppa soups ,you are given a pack after the op telling you what to do and what to eat, good luck

Hi angie

Yeah i duno how i feel im all over the place cant believe its here already its mad i never thought the day would come... Yeah cant wait to do the hairdressing im a beautician i love make up lol but id rather work doing hair cos as a beautican in a salon you dont do much make up... Oh i really hope my liver is ok for the op ur so good to have started the diet now really wish i did then i wouldnt be in bad form worrying about it now... cant believe i have such a busy week dublin tomorro and belfast wed and have to leave house around 3.45am thurs morn so these few days are gona fly... I was out last nite 5of my mates all drinking long neck beers i was jst thinking god on a summers day il never be able to have a nice cold beer again i think the no fizz is gona be the hardest thing for me i dont drink much but i do enjoy a session every now and again im 24 who doesnt lol ah well enough about me haha hope ur keeping well

Ursula xx

Hi Angie

I'm going same date as you. See you there.

And thanks to everyone else who has posted on this subject and Dr Chris. I read the article in the Sunday Mail today where one woman had her band removed within a year and typical, she was the one who went to Brussells! That worried me a little but reading everything you all have to say has re-assured me. Start low fat diet tomorrow as I understand the op is a bit more difficult on men as we carry our fat on our abdomen...hopefully it will make the injections easier though. lol.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Is your operation on the 23rd in Belgium?? wow! i have started the low fat diet too, but i,ve been speaking to a couple of girls in America who are at the same stage as us and their doctors insist on a low carb / high Protein diet (bit like Atkins). I know that all doctors have different ideas about what shrinks the liver more, but i am concentrating on at least reducing the carbs and upping the protein. Hope it works!! And as for carrying weight on the abdomen --- I carry a lot of weight there too! that's why i am worried about having a fatty liver! Are you seeing Dr Chris for a consultation before you go to Belgium or have you already seen him?

Good luck with your diet today! stay focused!!!

Angie

Hi Flirty!! I,m sure you will be fine!! it's natural to worry about all the 'what ifs' but i don't think dr chris would say you are suitable for surgery unless he was pretty sure you were. He knows how expensive it is for flights etc!

I'm sure we will still be able to have a good knees up after a couple of months, but we will probably get drunk on a thimble full!!!! Don't think my hubby will complain!! cheap date! lol!

angiexx

Hi everyone

Just to let you know you will need to buy some big waterproof plaster dressings for when you get home. They change them at the hospital on the day you are discharged but they dont give you any to take home.

EnglishRose

Thanks for that English Rose!!

I bought myself a book in which to keep all important information and tips etc!! i have a section for foods to avoid, recommended foods at each stage, personal diary, contacts etc. It's already well used!!! I have started to buy in things for after the operation like a pill crusher and Vitamins etc but i didn't have waterproof plasters down so thank you for that tip!!!

I'm still questioning my decision, but i think that is more down to the amount of savings i am spending!!!!!!!lol!!

Thanks again!

angiex

Hi Angie

I know its an expensive decision but after you have been banded you will wish you had done it years ago. I am almost 3 weeks post op and I think its one of the best decisions I have ever made. Think of all that money you will be saving on your shopping bill. Put the money aside and you will be able to buy a new wardrobe. Im looking forward to being a lot slimmer. I hate ironing and it takes ages to Iron my clothes as they are the size of a tent!

EnglishRose

mine too!! ha ha! i can't wait to buy clothes in any shop i choose!! Wow you've lost 21 pounds in 3 weeks!!! is that all post-op or did you lose some pre-op?? And what are you eating??

angie xx

Hi Angie

I lost 7lb on a pre-op diet which consisted of slim fast and everthing low fat for dinner (fresh fish & veg or stirfry). I have lost 14lb since being banded.

I have slimfast for Breakfast. 3 crackers with cream cheese on for lunch. Salmon, mash potatoe, cauli, Broccoli for dinner or a home made vegetable Soup. The evening meal may sound a lot but it all fits into a small pudding bowl. I have also had scrambled egg without any problems. Im quite lucky I havent suffered with any headaches or been light headed since ive been banded. I do have 2 or 3 hard boiled sweets in the evening to take away the sugar craving.

EnglishRose

hi English Rose,

Wow you really seem to be adjusting to the band well! i hope i do as well!!

Thanks NIKKX for the tip about the sunday mail article! i have just checked it out online. yeh! pitty it was the belgium one that didn't work out, but from what i can gather, failure was due more to her chosen diet/willpower than the band. The band isn't a miracle quick fix, it requires a lot of work from us too! yes it makes losing weight easier, but my excitement lies in knowing that every pound off is a pound gone for ever!!!

heres a link for anyone interested in reading the article!!

I've lost 10 stone thanks to a gastric band ... Could you? | Mail Online

Thanks Nick!! and welcome to the site!!

angiexx

Hi angie i just read that article in the mail online and read the comments people left some people are plain nasty saying fern britton is still too big and in my opinion i think she has lost more than enough also saying we are more a less pigs oh im so mad after reading it those people must think they are perfect... Anyway i stop giving out now... Only 3more sleeps till i go to belgium or 2really cos with going so early in the morn i dont think il get any sleep my chest still isnt better i hope they can still operate oh id say my liver is a mess i carry all my weight on my top half my spare tyre lol and i wont complain bout getting drunk on so little it will save me a fortune haha

Hi Flirty!

Yeh some people can say pretty nasty things, but they are often due to lack of education and ignorance!!

My post man just arrived with the new book i ordered!! yippee!! it looks good! i read somewhere on another thread that this book was worth buying. it's called

'weight-loss surgery with the adjustable gastric band - everthing you need to know before and after surgery to lose weight successfully. Authors; Robert W. M.D and Linda Rohrbough.'

I bought it new off ebay for around £10 including delivery. but think you can get it on Amazon too.

Angie xx

Hi Jackruss and English Rose,

Glad to hear you are both well and pleased with band. I am good too. Lost 31lb so far but starting to feel hungry a bit - weird though cos it's not like the pre-band hunger! Have booked fill for 18th September in London. At the moment I feel like I may not need this but I am sure this will change over next few weeks.

I have tried a few new foods but I gather the less I know I can eat the less I will eat!

Anyway, best go,

Take care,

xxx