Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey just a question what can i eat the day before my op which is tomorro woohoo an surgery fri... Also anyone who stayed in campanile hotel is there a kettle in the room just want mam to be able to have a cuppa if she wants and finally do u know howmuch it costs to use internet in hotel was thinking of taking my laptop thanks any info much appreciated oh and angie good luck in dublin tomorro frederik is visiting me in hotel tomorro nite at 10pm when they get back from dublin they better get a good nites sleep before my op:tongue_smilie:Still havnt packed a thing and this time 12 hrs il be on the plane lol going to antwerp tomoro cos my mums mate wants to visit diamondland not that il be buying any my band will be my diamond :)

Ursula

Hi Ursula,

Dr Chris will ask you not to eat or drink anything after midnight.

There is a kettle in the room so your mom can get her cuppa. :thumbup:

The internet was a bit expensive from what I remember. Seriously though, you are not going to be able to be on the net after surgery. Try not take too much luggage with you, you won´t be needing much. Also remember you have to carry whatever you take with you back on the plane. Travel lightly, you will be sore.

Good luck with everything and let us know how you are getting on when you are up and going again.

Hi Mrs JJ

No offense taken re your reply to Angie. Your probably right, honesty is the best policy. It really is difficult replying to questions like that when I have no medical experience. I just felt the majority of us would have some form of fatty liver otherwise we wouldnt be getting this band done in the first place.

EnglishRose

Hi Flirtylass

Just a quick note to say good luck for your op on Friday. I bet your dead excited. I know I was!

We ate at the hotel the day before the op. I had steak, chips and salad with a glass of wine. The steak was delicious. You wont be able to have anything to eat or drink after the surgery until the next day. They give you a sponge on a stick to rinse your mouth with.

Let us know how you get on when you get back.

Take care

EnglishRose

Hi Nick, i am going to see Dr Chris tomorrow in Dublin so i guess he will tell me then what time i have to see him in Brussels. I fly in early in the morning on the Monday, so anytime will do. Hope you don't mind me asking but are you bringing someone with you? and where are you flying from? I'm bringing my parents with me. Hubby can't go cos he can't get off work (teacher). It's actually my poor dads 60th Birthday on the Thursday! so i booked an extra night cos i didn't want him spending his birthday travelling all day! I wonder if i can order a birthday cake from anywhere??

angie x

I'll will probably be driving from Frankfurt on Monday afternoon being as I will be at work in the morning. Then I will carry on back to London on either Wednesday or Thursday depending how I feel after the op. My girlfriend wants to come over with me so she will probably be with me too. Brussells is a nice city so I'm sure your parents will find plenty to do while they wait for you. Birthday Cake? I expect the hotel staff will point you in the right direction if you ask....none for you though.

Hi nikkx i fly to belguim on the day of your operation what hotel are you staying at.

I need to book it yet. I will start with the Camponile first, and if no joy there I will look some more. Luckily I will have my car and my girlfriend to drive so I can be much more flexible than most.

Thank you Miss j j and also Englishrose for your kind advice and concern!

I had my consultation today, but dr chris hadn't arrived yet so it was Frederik that i saw. It was a bit of a worldwind to be honest! he showed me the band and explained the ins and out of the operation etc but didn't weigh me or take my bloodpressure or anything medical????? i never even got to mention my liver test and health issues didn't seem to be the topic?? to be honest i was a bit surprised but didn't really have time to think about it til i had left! And in reality i could have just saved the 120 euro and train fayre and waited to see dr chris in brussels!!

I think i will talk to my own doctor next week (shes on a weeks holiday!) see what she thinks.

Thanks again girls! your support is much appreciated!

ANGIE X

Hi Angie,

Just to let you know that you will get a medical check the morning before surgery at the hospital. The nurses there will check your heart, blood pressure etc. So as long as there is nothing else worrying you, I´d say wait till you get to Brussels for the medical check. Obviously if there is a medical issue that you need to discuss with the doctor then do so.

What date do you go in?

Good luck!!!

Thanks Miss J.J

Yeh i figure that i am feeling healthier than ever these days! i'm off the cigarettes for 4 weeks now!! don't miss them a bit and feel great without them! i have been watching my food intake over the last week and from today will be more rigid with the pre -op diet.

My emotions are all over the place though in regards to the band!! one minute i think i can't wait and the next i think 'what am i doing??' !

I'm getting banded on the 23rd September so not long to go!

Thanks again for your support! :tt2:

Angie x

Hiya!!

Had to say hello!!

I was banded in Prague and go to Upper Wimpole St for my fills with Dr Marc Fouquet.

After surgery I had a good loss for a few weeks then everything came to a standstill.

Had a fill then lost a few more lbs.

Went on an all inclusive holiday and as I had so little restriction I managed to gain 11lbs ( ...pretty good for me...last year I gained a stone and a half in a fortnight!!)

Went back for another fill within a couple of days of getting home and I've managed to lose 1 stone 4lb in 3 weeks!!! (the holiday weight I think was mainly post flight water!)

I still don't have enough restriction I've got through these last few weeks on will power alone.

I go for my 3rd fill on sept 13th and can't wait!!

Hoping to hit my sweet spot then :tt2:

Amanda

hey Flirty!!!!

I've been thinking about you all day! i hope everything has gone well with your operation and that you are now resting and feeling ok.

i'm sure you are glad all the waiting is over!

look forward to hearing from you when you are feeling back to normal.

Angie xx

hi flirtylass hope all went well today im dying to hear how it went and hear bout your weight loss over next few weeks hope you are feeling okay.

Hi Angie,Naomi and everyone else im home since yesterday an god i thought id never be back home... I must say im pretty good this morn an was good last nite but the day of surgery an the following day i wasnt too good it wasnt really the pain i didnt find it too bad it was the nausea an faint feeling when i got out of bed to the toilet i was extremely weak but other than that it was ok.... And 4days later im good i have weighed myself already lol lol lol but im down 10lb my belly was that swolen icouldnt fit into any clothes i had with me so angie and naomi take the biggest loose fititng stuff with plenty of stretch my mum had to go buy me new stuff... Umm the nite befor surgery i had lovely bacon cheeseburger in hotel with french fries and salad it was yummy lovely spicy sauce i had choc ice cream early in the day and a ham and cheese panini on the plane oh and half a moro lol i must say i didnt stick to my pre op too well an day before surgery i just said feck this and took out... frederick visited me that nite at 10 in hotel i asked him bout my pre op he said i would be ok being so young its in older people who they would be more worried about and people who drink alot.... So yeah its all over and i have to say im glad goin for my fill now in october they come to dub the 1st thurs of the month frederick be's there in the morn as he fly's in the night before an dr chris joins him from dinner time... must say all the hospital staff were brilliant i have such a fear of needles they had them done before i knew it unlike over here i do feel my injections lol.... anyway i have yapped on enough here thanks for the advice from everyone but god im glad im out the other side of banding

hi Flirty!! ah thats great that your feeling fine now!! How are you finding the liquids? are you feeling full or thinking about food all day? i am doing the pre op diet and like you i am really struggling! does it feel easier now the band is in? and what kind of food are you able to eat at the minute?

Imagine 10lb down already!!! i can't imagine i will do as well as that! you must be really pleased !

well done flirty! i can't wait to be on your side of the operation!

Angie xx

Hi angie im not thinking bout food at all not one bit hungry so cant complain i just managed 130 cals yesterday that was a juice and a peti filous so im trying to get more in today also ice cold Water umm its lovely lol but my pre op was a disaster haha but they say low fat so angie if u can stick to low fat it would be easier to stick to i think doing shakes like slim fast before isnt great well thats doc said cos they are quite high... but yeah day 3after op everthing is good i really just struggled with the nausea an faint feeling i dont think the pain is bad at all i havnt taken any pain relief since i left the hospital just the first 2days after op its very hard to move but today im good able to get in an out of bed no probs so its great but i have a big black belly lol its very bruised but swelling going down but ur day will come before u know it and just done just say in 3days il be feeling back to myself it'l be worth it

ursula x