Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Kath, how are you feeling today 5 days after your op, did you like CDB whats he like, i am booked in with him for the 26/09/08 really nervous really want to speak to someone whose been their. :thumbup: Sarah

Hi kath,

Bet you are glad that it is now done and dusted. How much weight are you hoping to lose? And how did you travel to Belgiom? Hope you are feeling OK?

Jiggy

Hi Kath

Thanks for your message.

God I feel so nervous now. I just want it all to be over and back in my own bed.

I have a few questions. Can you remember how much it cost for a taxi from the hotel to the hospital or the hotel to Dr Chris consulting clinic.

Did you have to have a cathiter (not sure it thats spelt correctly). Did you take any Soup or slimfast etc to the hospital. Is there a restaurant at the hospital for visitors to have something to eat.

I hope you recover very soon!

Best of luck to a happier, slimmer lifestyle.

Take care

EnglishRose

Hi I am going today to belguim for my pre visit with Dr Chris I am very nervous:mellow: ,I live in the north of england and don't know anybody else who has had this done so could do with a friend for support:smile2: has anybody out there who has been refused the day before as i am worried now:unsure: I AM 45YRS OLD AND FEMALE WITH OVE 5STONE TO LOSE

Hi English Rose,

I also had my band fitted with Dr Chris in July. He and his team are fantastic. I am a little confused at the difference in pricing though.

I went back to Brussels at the end of July with a friend that had her band fitted and she paid EUR 4000 for everything. If I was you I would call Fredrik and check this with him. It could be that there is a miscommunication because of the language differences.

You´re in good hands, they are a fantastic bunch at the hospital.

The taxi amount to the hospital from the hotel is around Eur 7:-

You won´t need food at the hospital for yourself, they will give you Soup and biscuits (light toasted bread type thing) the day after surgery.

There is a canteen on the 4th floor of the hospital for your husband to get food and drinks. They were not too expensive either.

The hotel is nice and clean and the staff very friendly.

There is also a small grocery store not too far from the hotel for your husband to buy you some Protein shakes or drinking yogurts or packets of soup. ( from the back of the hotel you will see a bridge, walk under the bridge, turn right, and then all the way to a T-junction, across the road is the store).

Good luck!!

Hi Mrs J.J yes I am ,my husband is self employed and could not get time off and my son and daughter are on holiday , and i did not want to wait any longer, it does not bother me to be going on my own but nice to know that there will be someone else there I will just have to look for them,when did u get banded and how have you done so far?was it hard to get use to and have you had a fill yet? thank you jackie

Hi Jackie,

Here´s a link to some posts that I have writeen and also helpful information on travelling alone to do this surgery. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f18/finding-thinner-me-66465/

I was banded 1st July 2008, have had one fill and I am doing great. I love my band and love that I am losing this extra weight.

Please feel free to ask any questions, I will try help where I can.

Hi kath,

Bet you are glad that it is now done and dusted. How much weight are you hoping to lose? And how did you travel to Belgiom? Hope you are feeling OK?

Jiggy

Hi Jiggy,

Yes I am really glad that everything is "done & dusted" ! I am also glad that I decided to go through with it! I'm hoping to lose about 105 lbs which would halve my weight.Being only 5'-1" every pound counts. I travelled to Belgium on Brussels Airlines from Manchester Airport, as they seem to be about the cheapest.

Now six days after surgery, I feel very well,no sickness or anything....just some soreness around the site of the port, and that is improving every day.

All the best, Kath.:thumbup:

Hi Kath, how are you feeling today 5 days after your op, did you like CDB whats he like, i am booked in with him for the 26/09/08 really nervous really want to speak to someone whose been their. :lol: Sarah

Hi Sarah, glad to say I am feeling quite well just 6 days after surgery, thankyou for asking! I found Dr Chris DeBruyne really nice, he puts you at ease instantly. I can honestly say I didn't have any nerves at all and was looked after really well by Dr Chris & his team, as well as the nursing staff.Feel free to ask me any other questions you might have, I really dont mind! Keep in touch!

:thumbup:

Kath.

Hi Kath,

So glad to hear that everything went well with you too. Isn´t it just wonderful how great they all are at the hospital and Dr Chris´s team.

Good luck on the next few days, things do get easier and the port pain will disappear soon enough.

Hi Kath

Thanks for your message.

God I feel so nervous now. I just want it all to be over and back in my own bed.

I have a few questions. Can you remember how much it cost for a taxi from the hotel to the hospital or the hotel to Dr Chris consulting clinic.

Did you have to have a cathiter (not sure it thats spelt correctly). Did you take any Soup or slimfast etc to the hospital. Is there a restaurant at the hospital for visitors to have something to eat.

I hope you recover very soon!

Best of luck to a happier, slimmer lifestyle.

Take care

EnglishRose

Hi English Rose,

Sorry I didnt reply sooner, but I had to go see my Dr for some more supplies. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on the site but after the surgery you have to have injections in your stomach for 10 days to stop the blood clotting. The hospital does the first 2 and they give you 5 more when you are leaving,not quite enough to last the 10 days though! Back to your other questions, I think Mrs J.J answered most of them earlier, but there is also a "Lidl" store in Vilvoorde which is quite cheap for Soups etc.

Your other question......you have a small drain in where the port is,which comes out the next morning. Concerning the taxi's we paid approx 20-22 Euros from the airport to the Campanile Hotel, approx 10 Euros to Dr DeBruyne's house/consulting rooms, and approx 8 Euros to the hospital.

(The hospital & hotel will order for you)!

Hope I've been of some help to you, Kath.:):)

Hi Mrs J.J

Thank you for your message, and for wishing me well. I appreciate all the good wishes I've received from everyone.

Thanks again, Kath.

Hi I am going today to belguim for my pre visit with Dr Chris I am very nervous:mellow: ,I live in the north of england and don't know anybody else who has had this done so could do with a friend for support:smile2: has anybody out there who has been refused the day before as i am worried now:unsure: I AM 45YRS OLD AND FEMALE WITH OVE 5STONE TO LOSE

Hi Jackruss,

I dont know if you have already left for Belgium or not as you said you were going today. Don't be nervous, it will all go smoothly for you I'm sure. I also live in the north-west so if you want some support I'm here!By the way, I've not heard of anyone being refused the night before( but the thought did cross my mind at one point )!!!!!

Good Luck,

Kath.:)

Hi Kath would you say you are fit to go back to work as i am due back to work 6 days after the surgery ? i've been reading the different posts here did you get the package and do you have to inject yourself to stop your blood clotting for 10 days

Edited by Bubble