Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Gastric Sleevers Out there

I had my operation on June 26th. I would love to have others to talk with about my journey that were close to my same date. I'm in the pureed food stage right now. My first 2 weeks I lost a lot of weight really fast and now I'm in a stall, but I can tell I'm still loosing inches. I'm finding that I get full so fast and I'm not able to eat much and them I'm hungry again not far after I had eaten. I'm having a hard time getting all my liquids in and trying to get my Protein in as well.

I have fibromyalsia and since this surgery I've felt the best I have in a over a year. Tons of energy, my nerve pain is now only about 20%. With so much energy I'm finding that I'm struggling going to sleep at night.

My sense of smell ever since the surgery has been very heightened not sure why though.

Looking forward to journey!!!

Sleeved June 9th. I find I am hungry more often as well which if you think about is good. I always hear to eat 6 small meals a day.

I'm June 17th. Since June 26 I have been stalled. Lost 20 since pre-op and was thrilled but not a pound since the 26th. I drink just fine. I get in 60 gm Protein before I think about meals. Also on soft foods and able to eat very little. I'm trying to walk 30 minutes a day. I am upset but I know it has to end soon.

I would love to keep up with June sleevers. Please keep posting.

I had my operation on June 26th. I would love to have others to talk with about my journey that were close to my same date. I'm in the pureed food stage right now. My first 2 weeks I lost a lot of weight really fast and now I'm in a stall, but I can tell I'm still loosing inches. I'm finding that I get full so fast and I'm not able to eat much and them I'm hungry again not far after I had eaten.

My sense of smell ever since the surgery has been very heightened not sure why though.

Looking forward to journey!!!

I had to check the name on this post to make sure I didn't write it skerstad as your experience is mirroring my own!!! I was sleeved on June 27th and have just started pureed foods yesterday, I am having a little trouble eating slow and getting enough Fluid...I too noticed that my aches and pains have diminished and I am wondering if this is from the lack of gluten in my diet? Best of luck to you, keep me posted with your progress!!

skjerstad

I had my sleeve done on June 30. My sense of smell is out of control. It was my first pregnancy symptom so my husband keeps freaking out, but I am certain it is from the surgery somehow. I am very glad that you're feeling better with your other health conditions. I feel really good, but I tire easily, so I have decided to take another week off work. I have been walking 4 miles a day; I'm slower than I was before, mostly because I'm afraid of overdoing it.

Take care!

It looks like the stall is going to become a normal part of this new lifestyle. I just wish my dietitian had told me about stalls or my doctor. It's great to have this forum to discuss with everyone. I was told to just walk 15 minutes a day for right now and then work up, but it looks like from other's post that I definitely can be getting in more walking which I'm going to start doing right away.

Thanks for the great info everyone! Look forward to learning more with all of you on our new journey's

I was sleeved June 9. I am exercising an hour everyday and drnking all of the Water but have been in a stall for a week. I am eating tiny portions but getting most of my Protein through shakes. I am frustrated but committed to getting this weight off. HELP!!!!!!

I'm so glad to see others experiencing a weight loss stall so soon after surgery! My surgery date was June 23 (2 weeks + 5 days ago), and I quickly lost 15 lbs. in the first 2 weeks post-op. Since going on the pureed diet 6 days ago, however, I have only lost 1 lb. I don't understand it. I am eating so little (2-3 powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein supplements a day for about 50 grams of Protein daily + some fruit & cooked veggies). I've tried meat (baked a chicken and pureed it with chicken broth), but I'm uncomfortably full after 1 - 2 tablespoons. I also made black bean Soup with some pork shoulder (delicious), and I can only get about 2-3 tablespoons down before feeling very full for hours. I can drink 1/2 cup of milk in about 15 minutes, however. That probably means the meat mixtures I've made aren't thin enough. I'm going to mix them into the Healthwise protein Soup mixes and see if that makes it easier to get some meat down.

So, my question is, have we stalled because we're not getting in enough protein?

Edited by GretchenInDE

My surgery is Tuesday! I loved your post because I have fybromyalgia too and I am hoping I feel much better after surgery too. I had to stop taking Mobic, one of the meds I took for it and my pain is horrible right now. I guess that is hard in your stomach. Keep up the great job!

I was sleeved on 6/24. I doing fine with the liquids. The idea of pureed food makes me want to gag so my diet has been limited to, yogurt, mashed cauliflower, scrambled eggs and cottage cheese. Boring. I feel as if i have a bottomless pit. I never feel full and I do not get any signal. I limit myself only because I know I am supposed to. They say this will change once I get on solids. I still have a sharp pain on my left side whenever i bend over. I have not weighed myself this week but would not be surprised if i did not lose. At least i am down 26 pounds from my heaviest..

Great to have this forum!!

I'm kind of like you, Reddrobin, I don't have the full feeling, so I am relying on measuring my food. I was sleeved on 6/5 and still on pureed foods, which is cottage cheese, refried Beans and yogurt and for a treat, I have a vanilla ice cream from McDs minus the cone, once in a while. I also get atleast a 40g Protein shake down too.

I was sleeved on June 25th. I just started pureed foods 3 days ago. I too quickly lost about 15 lbs. I feel better than ever. Usually have lots of headaches....and I've had none! I do have pain when I bend over...and still have swelling and general discomfort around my largest incision (which happens to be on the right side???) Unfortunately....my weight loss has stalled. The scale hasn't really moved except for a pound in 5 or 6 days. I didn't think that would happen so fast!

Good to be here with you all.....wondering when the scale will start to move again!

Not that I know of. Would be nice if there was