Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused, frustrated, need help

I was banded 2/26. Lost 25 lbs in first three weeks.. No loss since. First fill was 4-10. She say 3.5 cc in my 10 cc band..I can eat as much as I want, I don't have to chew well. Everything goes down. Never a stuck episode since right after surgery.. Is it possible the fill did not go into the band? It's wasn't under fluoroscopy.. I am exercising more than I ever have in my life. I feel like I am on a diet. I am really frustrated!

Your comments are so common I should have a an automatic reply I can just click on. ;)

Many of us lose a lot of weight during the first 30 days and then nothing till we get that fill/adjustment or two that gives us some restriction/satiety. For me, that was 3 fills and 6 fills till I was in the green zone. Your stoma is still open enough for you to eat what you want. It doesn't take a lot of saline to make it tight or too tight though.

What you're experiencing is normal and happens to most of us.

And, just like our esteemed forum member B-52 says: "Until there's restriction, it's just another diet"!!

Yeah that must be frustrating. Keep in mind though exercise builds muscle which is suppose to weighs more than fat.

Keep following your band eating plan, and keep getting your fills. Some people feel restriction at 3.5, others not until 6.0 or more. You'll have lulls in your loses--it's normal--even at your sweet spot. But keep on your post op "diet", eat as if you are at perfect restriction, and keep filling until you are, indeed, at perfect restriction.

I really shouldn't say "restriction". Let's call it "optimal fill level" for weight loss and satiety.

I was banded 2/26. Lost 25 lbs in first three weeks.. No loss since. First fill was 4-10. She say 3.5 cc in my 10 cc band..I can eat as much as I want, I don't have to chew well. Everything goes down. Never a stuck episode since right after surgery.. Is it possible the fill did not go into the band? It's wasn't under fluoroscopy.. I am exercising more than I ever have in my life. I feel like I am on a diet. I am really frustrated!

you are very early on in the process...just because one can eat whatever and as much as they want does not mean they should.....you must def be eating your recommended band portions and def focusing on proteins/veggies and eat as clean/unprocessed as you can...when one exercises, you are doing great......fat does not weigh more than fat...it is more dense.....so if you are exercising and eating well, if you are losing inches, you are losing weight regardless of what the scale says or does not say.....so focus on your eating.....3500 calories is a pound ate or drank....if you take in more calories than you burn off, you will not lose weight...(with or without any WLS)....i dont have (fills) and i am not on a diet.....i eat what i want, i exercise and i live life.....so will you...just give yourself a break and be more positive......you won't lose a zillion pounds in the first 6 months...

hang in

When the number isn't shifting on the scale that's when I start noticing how my clothes are fitting differently and I take my measurements again. Comparing those numbers instead of the numbers on the scale has been very informative. As far as fills and satiety, I was one of the people who needed six fills to get to my green zone. Good luck to you -- keep all your appointments and don't forget to notice how far you've come.

have been very disappointed myself lately...stayed at 36 lbs lose for two weeks...went to dietian and she told me I needed to increase my daily intake...went up 4 lbs and now have lost 2 of them...it is very frustrating...not whining...just wish I could figure this band out...I have 3 cc's in now and feel absolutely no restrictions...get stuck if I am not mindful of my chewing...but am doing lots better with that too.

so Kandy12, just hang in there girl and we will be so on track it will be crazy!!! Thanks everyone for your comments not only do they help those that are asking but those of us that are having the same issues...you're ALL the BESTEST!!! ;)

When your working out, you will notice the inches move more then the numbers on the scale. Though muscle does not weigh more then fat, you can fit twice as much muscle in the spaces where you used to have fat so it seems as if it weights more. It just takes up less space in your body then the fat does. A pound is a pound is a pound.

Keep doing what your doing, it's going to take time to get where you want to be and your on the right track don't lose sight of your goals that will help keep you motivated.

If your not eating enough like Mikee57 was told your body will rebel and go into starvation mode. Think about it. You have put your body through major surgery. You know you wanted the surgery but your body thinks "she's dying hurry reserve fuel!!" you started restricting your calories your body starts screaming "danger danger not enough food coming in hold onto everything we got!" you started stressing your body out by asking it to exercise, and now it's really holding on for dear life. Once your body that is programed for thousands upon thousands of years to behave this way realizes this is the new "normal" for you it will let go and start burning those stores again to keep you healthy.

This same sort of thing can happen at a plateau your body becomes complacent and just sits back and only burns X because you are eating only X and exercising only X. So it balances and you stall.

The way to shake that up...and get things moving again? Stress the body and kick it out of balance. Eat W exercise XYZ and then it will start trying to catch up again and the weight will move and the inches will peel away.

All so easy to type...not so easy to do but your on the right track don't give up you got this!

thanks Lisacaron...I have decided that I am going to buy me a bicycle this weekend...will let you know how I fare!!! LOL...maybe that will help me with all those extra calories I was told to eat by the dietitian!!!

You guys are still very early on in the process of living a banded life... Heck, so am I (8 months). I can only speak for myself, but I know the first six months were difficult with Portion Control without too much help from the band. Sure, the band cut me back from eating TWO PLATES of food every night, down to ONE PLATE...... But, it was still a full plate of food that I could easily get down. Then, at month SIX, that adjustment got me closer to GREEN. It only lasted about three weeks, so a week later, at month SEVEN, that adjustment put me into THE ZONE...... Now, portion size is half a plate of food with absolutely no hunger in between meals. HANG IN THERE, BANDERS. My shift to weighing only once a month has helped ME as well. I have seen a loss every single MONTH........not day, not week, but MONTH. One month is was three pounds and one month it was eleven pounds. I never set a date in my mind for wanting to lose X amount of weight by X time. I just am enjoying the process along the way. Best Wishes to all who are trying to reclaim their health!

A pound of FAT equals

A pound of muscle

I wish ppl would quit saying muscle weighs more than fat... Or at least explain it better. LoL

A pound of FAT equals A pound of muscle I wish ppl would quit saying muscle weighs more than fat... Or at least explain it better. LoL

It does if it's the same volume

When your working out, you will notice the inches move more then the numbers on the scale. Though muscle does not weigh more then fat, you can fit twice as much muscle in the spaces where you used to have fat so it seems as if it weights more. It just takes up less space in your body then the fat does. A pound is a pound is a pound. Keep doing what your doing, it's going to take time to get where you want to be and your on the right track don't lose sight of your goals that will help keep you motivated. If your not eating enough like Mikee57 was told your body will rebel and go into starvation mode. Think about it. You have put your body through major surgery. You know you wanted the surgery but your body thinks "she's dying hurry reserve fuel!!" you started restricting your calories your body starts screaming "danger danger not enough food coming in hold onto everything we got!" you started stressing your body out by asking it to exercise, and now it's really holding on for dear life. Once your body that is programed for thousands upon thousands of years to behave this way realizes this is the new "normal" for you it will let go and start burning those stores again to keep you healthy. This same sort of thing can happen at a plateau your body becomes complacent and just sits back and only burns X because you are eating only X and exercising only X. So it balances and you stall. The way to shake that up...and get things moving again? Stress the body and kick it out of balance. Eat W exercise XYZ and then it will start trying to catch up again and the weight will move and the inches will peel away. All so easy to type...not so easy to do but your on the right track don't give up you got this!

love the way u explained that. Thank you!!