Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon To Ride

lol I always wear loose clothing - that's how I got this fat again LOL Seriously I wear leggings and long tanks anyway - my clients all know how I am and they know I gave up the corporate world and dressing up in heels and crap for a reason. One of my clients is a motorcycle shop (speaking of which I better get moving since today is my day with him) and the others are all small offices that I never see anyone anyway other then the other workers and the owners.

Gotta go - damn I am soooo nervous now that I made this decision. For every bad review I read I also read 100 good ones. If you want to keep in touch through your journey privately send me an email at uwishtoo@live.com - would love to hear your experiences

Have a wonderful day

Sleeved on May 17th- ride about 250 miles today with my boyfriend- a little sore middle of stomach-from my pants- wore comfy ones tho- but felt great to get fresh air :-) love it- held a bottle of Water sipped all day :-)

@UWISHTOO, I'm the same way. I plan to fly out to San Diego on May 30th, surgery on the 31st, fly home on the 3rd and start working from home ASAP. I actually took 6 days total vacation but hoping I wont have to use them all. We shall see! I dont see why you couldnt visit you clients after surgery. Maybe just wear a sundress so your belly isnt confined. DUNNO....I'm playing this by ear myself! Seen some who are up and about shortly after surgery and then I've seen some that can't get moving for 2-3 weeks.

Nice bike by the way! You look like a rock-n-roll hot mama in your profile pic! :P

You are only a few days away I see. Good luck! I am not sure what is going on with mine. My passport got DENIED for some ungodly reason and they said if I can show proof of travel that will help and its the only way they will talk to me in person but I don't have my flight booked (and if I was thinking ahead of time I didn't NEED a full passport anyway since I am technically driving into Tijuana but oh well) but I don't have my flight booked until I have passport in hand. I spent the other nite digging up old utility bills, magazine and news articles, my fathers service record certificate from 1945, our flipping family tree showing that we have been here since the 1800's, my high school year book picture (yes they actaully asked me for a cop of that) traffic tickets, my fathers obituary, a list of all addresses I have lived in my 54 years on this earth (and in this country), a list of all emoloyers - I don;t know why but they asked me when I had left the country and re-entered it - um I have never left this country and re-entered. Really nerve wracking but hoping I can still get my passport by June 27th - if not then I will postpone my surgery which I really hate the thought of doing.

You are only a few days away I see. Good luck! I am not sure what is going on with mine. My passport got DENIED for some ungodly reason and they said if I can show proof of travel that will help and its the only way they will talk to me in person but I don't have my flight booked (and if I was thinking ahead of time I didn't NEED a full passport anyway since I am technically driving into Tijuana but oh well) but I don't have my flight booked until I have passport in hand. I spent the other nite digging up old utility bills, magazine and news articles, my fathers service record certificate from 1945, our flipping family tree showing that we have been here since the 1800's, my high school year book picture (yes they actaully asked me for a cop of that) traffic tickets, my fathers obituary, a list of all addresses I have lived in my 54 years on this earth (and in this country), a list of all emoloyers - I don;t know why but they asked me when I had left the country and re-entered it - um I have never left this country and re-entered. Really nerve wracking but hoping I can still get my passport by June 27th - if not then I will postpone my surgery which I really hate the thought of doing.

GIRL....that so sux!!!! I didn't have any trouble with my passport when I applied years ago. I do know they required the original birth certificate. Took some creative activities to get it but no problems after that. I think they have you confused with someone else! Stay on their azz....maybe they will get their crap together and expedite that passport for ya!

I'm nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof! Fly out to San Diego tomorrow and surgery the next day. The liquid diet SUX to say the least! Got a little ridding in this past weekend and hope it'll do me till I'm back on my feet. DUNNO....they always did say I was a tough old huzzy....hope it proves to be true!

Later chicka!

GIRL....that so sux!!!! I didn't have any trouble with my passport when I applied years ago. I do know they required the original birth certificate. Took some creative activities to get it but no problems after that. I think they have you confused with someone else! Stay on their azz....maybe they will get their crap together and expedite that passport for ya!

I'm nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof! Fly out to San Diego tomorrow and surgery the next day. The liquid diet SUX to say the least! Got a little ridding in this past weekend and hope it'll do me till I'm back on my feet. DUNNO....they always did say I was a tough old huzzy....hope it proves to be true!

Later chicka!

GOOD LUCK! You'll do fine.

I finally got some straight answers this morning when I called - seems as though the issue might be that my drivers license was technically issued in February of 2012 - well DUH - people move you idiots so..... Tucson should get my new paperwork today by Fed Ex and hopefully by the end of the week I can call back and get an update to my application. Just so stupid but .... anyway good luck and soon we can see the after pictures :)

All I gotta say is just do it!!! I just posted a topic asking for advice on how long to refrain from riding. I am 54 and I have been on the back of a bike since I was about 10 and always wanted to ride. Right after I turned 50 I said to heck with it and bought my first bike. Now I am on my 4th and final bike (for awhile til something else a little shinier catches my eye lol) and it's a full out bagger. 750 pound boyfriend is what I call him.

YOU WENT THROUGH 4 BIKES IN 4 YEARS?????

YOU WENT THROUGH 4 BIKES IN 4 YEARS?????

Wouldn't exactly say I went "through them" - I started out small and bought what I could afford and finally got up to the one I wanted

Funny, I found this thread while relaxing At the hotel on my first trip post surgery. I was riding after 10 days and Couldn't wait to be back on my own, now 25 days out( must say 10 hrs keeping my dyna wide glide 1450 steady has made me sore) but now we are getting ready to cruz the" dragon tail" in Tn and I'm sporting. Tank top and cowboy boots that I could t wear 1 month ago ;p. life is good

Funny, I found this thread while relaxing At the hotel on my first trip post surgery. I was riding after 10 days and Couldn't wait to be back on my own, now 25 days out( must say 10 hrs keeping my dyna wide glide 1450 steady has made me sore) but now we are getting ready to cruz the" dragon tail" in Tn and I'm sporting. Tank top and cowboy boots that I could t wear 1 month ago ;p. life is good

That's awesome! Less than a month for mine if my drun passport ever gets approved. One thing that might sound stupid but I remember when I was a kid I used to ice skate like a champ and I was nearly 200 pounds, over one summer I went into the Army and then of course lost a bunch of weight and got down to around 105 pounds and the next winter when I tried to skate again I couldn't find my balance! I had been a great skater from the time I was 7 or so then nothing after age 18. Sure hope I don't have to relearn the bike too - 735 pounds is a lot of weight to balane for anyone but I figure I will be riding as I am losing. My best friend (a guy who's skinny little butt has never had an ounce of fat on it) is 125 pounds soaking wet and he rides a Streetglide and he's fine.

30 days whoohoo. Can't wait to hear from Boots when she gets back.

ZOO.....I'm so glad to hear you say you stsarted riding so soon!!! I was worried about it! I have a Harley Davidson Herritage Softail Classic....and she sure is heavey! I can only imagine lugging the weight of the bike after surgery!

ZOO.....I'm so glad to hear you say you stsarted riding so soon!!! I was worried about it! I have a Harley Davidson Herritage Softail Classic....and she sure is heavey! I can only imagine lugging the weight of the bike after surgery!

Ok so you are up and able to post - how are you feeling?

Boots: how far out r u.? My surgery was also open instead of lap. Were r u from? Id love to meet up others to ride with

Boots: how far out r u.? My surgery was also open instead of lap. Were r u from? Id love to meet up others to ride with

Your surgery was open? As in a large incision? Is that common? I know like with a gallbladder removal most of the time they don't know if it's open or Laparoscopic until they get someone on the table. I thought all of these were laparoscopic?

Yes lg incision,, not. COmmon. I had a previous abdominal surgery that left TONS of scar tissue and adhesions that they has a Very hard time getting thru,, so has to open to clean things out. 28 staples later ,,,,, all is well!;)

Yes lg incision,, not. COmmon. I had a previous abdominal surgery that left TONS of scar tissue and adhesions that they has a Very hard time getting thru,, so has to open to clean things out. 28 staples later ,,,,, all is well! ;)

Oh well wow I am going to make it plain to them that if they have to do anything other then the lappy to wake me up and send me home. No way do I want anymore scars than I already have on my body, I keloid badly - google it - not pretty but I deal with it as I have for 40 years