Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon To Ride

I totally understand. BUT I also had an awful scar from the 1 st surgery. And this time. My surgon revised my original scar and the new one is so much better !! And I also figured an average scar to show on a skinny belly is better than a smooth fat belly covered !!

I totally understand. BUT I also had an awful scar from the 1 st surgery. And this time. My surgon revised my original scar and the new one is so much better !! And I also figured an average scar to show on a skinny belly is better than a smooth fat belly covered !!

I would settle for an average scar over something like this :) Guess it's all perspective on what "awful" looks like eh? And these are on my chest and I also never bother to hide them either. I wear as low cut tops as I want to. Someone doesn't like to look at scars? PHHHHTTTTT then don't look at me lol

DSCF2919-Copy2.jpg

Finally got my passport in the mail today - booked my flight. First surgery in the morning on the 28th - fly back home on the 31st :)

hEY YA'LL.....I;m 2 days out and doing ok. Still having severe gas pains but overall doing good. 2 hours of sleep last night. Was up walking the hallway the rest of the time. Have to take the leak test tomorrow.....not looking forward to the blue yuck stuff! Hotel is fantastic! Recovery house was too full to stay.

hEY YA'LL.....I;m 2 days out and doing ok. Still having severe gas pains but overall doing good. 2 hours of sleep last night. Was up walking the hallway the rest of the time. Have to take the leak test tomorrow.....not looking forward to the blue yuck stuff! Hotel is fantastic! Recovery house was too full to stay.

So then you go home tomorrow? I have a list of all the things like the Gasx like you said to take with me - and baggly clothes which is all I wear anymore anyway so .... Once you get home yu will feel better I am sure.

So then you go home tomorrow? I have a list of all the things like the Gasx like you said to take with me - and baggly clothes which is all I wear anymore anyway so .... Once you get home yu will feel better I am sure.

Hey chicka! YES, bring 2 packs of Gasex strips. You'll need them! I havent used my robe but once since I'm staying at the Hotel. Never used my houseshoes either. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Pacific Dr in San Diego. You can walk down to the bay and hang a right for fantastic shopping (including a Harly Shop). We toured the USS Midway aircraft carrier and had a blast!

Think I was mistaken....I'm only 1 day out. We leave Mexico on Sunday to head back to Texas. Really ready for this dang gas to go away!!!

Hey chicka! YES, bring 2 packs of Gasex strips. You'll need them! I havent used my robe but once since I'm staying at the Hotel. Never used my houseshoes either. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Pacific Dr in San Diego. You can walk down to the bay and hang a right for fantastic shopping (including a Harly Shop). We toured the USS Midway aircraft carrier and had a blast!

Think I was mistaken....I'm only 1 day out. We leave Mexico on Sunday to head back to Texas. Really ready for this dang gas to go away!!!

Ops....I mean hang a LEFT at the bay! Sorry....pain pill kicking in....~~giggle, giggle~~

Hang in there - you won't remember it in a few days and it will all be so worth it. I am going right to Mexico from SD not going to bother getting a hotel and not even going to bother taking a bag either - put my night shirt in my big purse and toothpaste (and yes GASX) and my laptop since I will be working from the hospital and recovery hotel. :) Nite go get some rest

Boots: how far out r u.? My surgery was also open instead of lap. Were r u from? Id love to meet up others to ride with

I live in Houston BUT I'm from Tennessee....only about 45 miles from the Dragon!!! We are hoping to make a trip up there sometime ....maybe next year???

Hang in there - you won't remember it in a few days and it will all be so worth it. I am going right to Mexico from SD not going to bother getting a hotel and not even going to bother taking a bag either - put my night shirt in my big purse and toothpaste (and yes GASX) and my laptop since I will be working from the hospital and recovery hotel. :) Nite go get some rest

You'll need a couple changes of cloths because you travel back and forth daily to the Clinic for IV and meds. You dont wanna make that journyey in your night gown

You'll need a couple changes of cloths because you travel back and forth daily to the Clinic for IV and meds. You dont wanna make that journyey in your night gown

Ahh duly noted and yeah my nightie is actually just a tshirt so I am pretty sure they have rules there about walking around half nekkid :)

Gas x strips r awesome!!

Just reporting that I am 17 days out down 19 pounds- was pretty miserable- questioned myself and my reasons , cried and was horribly sad- 2 days ago snapped right out of that :-) it shows a little bit, new foods going well!! Positive thinking!!

Beautiful day , back into jeans- gonna get pretty for my man and go riding for the day!!

Have a great day my friend sleevers and it's only up from here :-)

Gas x strips r awesome!!

Just reporting that I am 17 days out down 19 pounds- was pretty miserable- questioned myself and my reasons , cried and was horribly sad- 2 days ago snapped right out of that :-) it shows a little bit, new foods going well!! Positive thinking!!

Beautiful day , back into jeans- gonna get pretty for my man and go riding for the day!!

Have a great day my friend sleevers and it's only up from here :-)

That's AMAZING! I think right after the surgery everyone feels that way (or I can imagine) but knowing what others have gone through and what to expect along with the progress reports helps alot. 25 days and counting !

Boots: how far out r u.? My surgery was also open instead of lap. Were r u from? Id love to meet up others to ride with

Hey girlie, I'm 2.5 weeks out and pretty sure I can ride although I haven't tried it yet. I live in Houston but I'm originally from Tennessee just about 45-50 miles from the "Dragon Tail". We are hoping to make that trip in the next year or two. Hell, it's a 14.5 hour ride for me to go home to Tennessee in the car so we'll need a good 2 weeks on bikes to see and ride everything I want when we go PLUS visit with all my family!!!

Life is great since my sleeve. My moto gear fits again. But getting loose. But that's why they have adjustable waist I'm no longer the fat chic on a bike. On the 4th July I gave bf a ride. That evening when we heading for fireworks. He told me he wanted to ride. I told him no problem I have 2 bikes which one you gonna ride. He said we go one one bike n he be in control. Lol. Ya rt. I told little man if he was better rider no problem. But I wasn't ready to die yet. He smiled and got on the back. Now if I could train him not to move around. Oh well