Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in october--updates please

Hi guys.. We need to have our own Oct 09 Bandsters listed somewhere so we can all post our progress.

I had my surgery on 10/22 .. and I have lost about 24 lbs since then. And about 45 lbs total this year. I have had one fill in my 10cc AP LAP-BAND®. I think I have 4.8 ccs in it. The PA said she put 5 in but it was too much? I dont eat much especially in the morning or at lunch, I am too tight. I am just bummed that i am losing slower now only 1-2 lbs a week now. I am not eating my Protein like I would like since I barely can eat anything. Some days are better than others for me. I was hoping I would be able to get another fill before the end of the year but I am not going to get one since I dont need one at this time. I have dropped several clothing sizes and everyone is noticing my weightloss, although it is going slower than it did right after the surgery.

I think I am losing alot of inches. I have gone from a tight 20W size to a regular 16 now B) I love to hear how all of our fellow October 09 Bandsters are doing!!!

You are doing great! I am okay again after a few difficult days when I suddenly was starving. But I upped my Protein and that helped.

Hey everyone-

I was banded Oct. 8th. and really haven't lost anything in 2 months. I've had one fill (1.5cc) so I don't have much restriction. I've gained and lost the same 2 lbs. so many times it's crazy. B) I will say my eating is a hundred times better than what I was like this time last year. My biggest problem these past few weeks is stress eating. Lots of issues came up and I just let myself have things I shouldn't. I joined a gym and I'm trying to cut the carbs so I can be back on track. I get my second fill on January 4th and I'm going to be much more aggressive this time. It was nice to read everyone's posts to see I'm not alone in the struggle. I'm ready to lose again. Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

I was banded on October 13th and have lost 31 lbs since. I lost 34 lbs pre surgery so I have lost 65 lbs total. I had my 1st fill yesterday, they put 3.6cc fill in an 11 cc REALIZE band. I am very happy with my progress, but would love to feel more restriction. I am on liquids for 2 days because of my fill yesterday so I really won't know what level of restriction I have for a few days. My fill was done with X-ray fluoroscope. You could really see the difference in restriction before he put the 3.6cc in and after. So I really believe that I will have good restriction once I start eating.

Hi everyone

I was banded on oct 16 I have lost a total of 43 lbs that includes my 2 weeks preop diet. I feel bettter and better every day. I have had 2 fills with a total of 6.1cc in a 10cc band. I got the second fill on dec 14th and I have good restriction I eat 1/2 a cup to a cup 3 times a day and feel full.I am super happy with my band and am happy to not be hungry all the time! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!

Danyett:thumbup:

I was banded on Oct 12 and have had one fill. I will get my second fill Jan 4. I have lost a total of 33 lbs. I feel good about my wt loss, not too fast, but certainly not slow. I just need to kick my exercise up a notch.

Thanks for the reminder to look at the big picture. I ate too much at my Festivus celebration last nite and was feeling a little anxious.

Hello fellow October Bandster Buddies!

I was banded 11.25 one month ago today and have lost 35.5 pounds. I go get my first fill this Monday and am a tad nervous about it but excited too as I am hoping it will jump start my loosing. I lost 25.5 before and only 10 after the band .... not sure why only 10pounds down in a month of mostly liquids, I'll be anxius to ask the doc this on Monday. I was hoping to get to onederland by now but I have been about 200 pounds for about 2 weeks.

Wow, you guys make me feel better. I was banded Dec 14th and am 11 days out. I too have found that I can eat anything and could probably eat several cup fulls at one time! Ive had no fills. I feel like the weight loss Ive had has been ME and not the band. Im gonna try and get back on schedule tomorrow. I worry there is something wrong with the band. My doctor didnt make me do a presurgery diet so the weight Ive lost has been post surgery.

I was banded 10/16. Since surgery I have lost 20lbs- and 35 total. I just had my first fill on 12/18! I went for a post op visit on 11/16 but was told everything was fine and i was feeling some kind of restriction. All of a sudden i wasn't losing anymore I think the month of november i only lost 3lbs AND I was working ou - so I knew something needed to be done just didn't know it was a fill. Now I know when it's time to get a feel! about 6 days after the fill (last week wednesday) i had problems getting food down- slime and vomitin for about two days always felt like it got stuck and then mucus and then it all comes spweing out. I thought maybe i was too tight but alas starting yesterday -i'm back to normal. since my fill i've lost 2lbs so far so i think it's working.

I was banded 10-2 and have dropped 45 lbs so far. Had 2 fills and have some restriction but it comes and goes depending on what I eat. I get stuck every now and again but nothing major and rarely the same food twice. I got stuck on the cheese in Lasagna the other day but was fine the day prior. My intake is about 8 oz of food a meal. Biggest problem right now other than food choices is getting the hungries at night for something sweet. I try to substitute fruit but every now and again I treat myself. On the exercise front I do the Pre-Cor Elliptical for about 1/2 hr 3-4 times a week. Overall feel great, had no complication with the surgery, pain or otherwise. As for who I told, pretty much everyone, I wanted the support. Just my dime when you asked for 2 cents.

Banded October 7th. Prior to 6 month pre op diet was 358. Day of Surgery 317. Today 270. Very happy. However, for the last 3 or 4 weeks, I have not lost anything. Have two fills and very little restriction. Hoping next fill in January will help me get losing again.

Hey October Bandsters,

Banded 10/19/09. Total weight loss as of yesterday is 32 pounds. Not much restriction after my first fill (2.5 in a 10 cc band). My second fill is scheduled for 1/5/10 so I'm hoping that helps me out. In the last 2 weeks I have started adding exercise to my routine. Today we walked the dogs in 15 degree windy WI weather and it felt great! Never thought I'd say that and mean it. Otherwise, I use my Wii Fit Plus and sometimes an elyptical machine. food is still the enemy as I seem able to eat almost anything. Still praying for restriction! Hope all is well with my fellow bandsters and wishing you all a very healthy and happy 2010!!!

Hi all,

I posted a couple weeks ago re: being banded at the end of Sept. and about how I had only lost a bit of weight during my first 3 wks of post surgical recovery...

I had another fill this past Thurs....(this was my 5th or 6th fill, one fill every 2wks) I am now @ 9cc's in my 11cc Realize Band...

Guess what?...

I am finally feeling restriction!!! It feels soooo good not being hungry all of the time...I hope this feeling lasts...I am definately eating like 1/2 of what I did prior surgery and 1/3 less than after my 3wk recovery post surgery.

Wish me luck and if anyone has any input about the recent restricted feelings...please share...I am excited again:thumbup:...yay!

we3601

Where in Wisconsin are you.. I am in New Berlin and get banded January 26th.. I face the same windy walks....it was 11 degrees today... and "what windchill"...:smile2::)

Jennifer

I lose less on liquid diet than I do on mushies or "real" food "

Was banded Oct 15-- am down 30#.

Had 1 fill of 1.5cc on Dec8-- had to have .5cc removed Dec 23.. Could NOT keep anything solid down .

I am going to try to schedul a 2nd fill for Jan 11.

Keep your fingers crossed for me ..