Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in october--updates please

I must say I'm a bit miffed. Of course between the Holidays and his freaking vacation, I got the short end of the stick. I was in for my 6 week checkup on December 8 and THEN he scheduled my fill! And it's not like the appointment was even to confirm whether or not I needed one, they handed me my date as soon as I sat down!

I have been stalking them religiously to see if they've had any cancellations, but with the holidays and everything, it looks like I'm just going to have to suck it up until then. I mean, I'm making healthy choices, but the portion size is the real challenge for me. I'm just praying I get through this.....

I had a fill a week ago but the last couple of days I was starving. After reading folks on this board being proactive I called and I got another one today. It only takes a minute--they should be able to acommodate you.

I had my first fill 9 days ago , and as of this morning I am still on mushies.. I managed to eat about 2/3 of a scrambled egg and that is it .Wondering if it is normal to still have this much restriction after your first fill???

I was Banded on Oct 15th. Since pre-op and post 'm down 47 pounds (Last Weight in was on Sept 18th.)

I've had one fill on the 9/18, and currently do not fill any restriction, my next scheduled fill is 12/30.

Really looking forward to the fill. I don't know if I've lost or gained weight since I only weight myself during fills or checkups, but people have said that I'm becoming thinner everyday.

Keep up the good work everyone, and try to enjoy the Holidays!!!!

I had my first fill 9 days ago , and as of this morning I am still on mushies.. I managed to eat about 2/3 of a scrambled egg and that is it .Wondering if it is normal to still have this much restriction after your first fill???

Yes it's normal because I had my fill on Dec. 3 and I still feel restriction.

I was banded on Oct 30 and have lost 30 # post surgery. I had my first fill last week. I am noticing some restriction now. I am also noticing that there are certain foods that go down hard, like boiled eggs and pot roast. I am working on taking small bites and chewing thoroughly before I swallow. That seems to help quite a bit. My biggest problem is with drinking enough liquid. I know I should be drinking more than I do, but I just can't seem to get it all down. A work in progress I guess. I have had a few times where I just wanted to eat everything in sight, but I have been able to take a deep breath and distract myself by doing something creative instead or I just go to bed and sleep (I work full time and go to college full time so I am sleep deprived all the time!:biggrin: I am really glad I did this procedure. I didn't realize until I started seeing the weight come off just how much I had lost any hope of losing enough weight to really make a difference!

Hi, I was banded (Realize Band) at the end of September...I have only lost 7lbs to date:-(

I have had 4 adjustments , (1-2 cc's at a time), the latest yesterday, and now have 7 cc's in. I cannot wait to start losing, even if it's small amts each week!

I too feel no restriction (haven't since my 3rd week post op)...Im kinda sad about that...being 'hungry' stinks...I pretty much look & feel the same as I did pre op too.

Is this common?

I need some advice and a pep talk.

Fire & Spice,

I wouldn't get too worried about it..I have heard from several people that they did not begin losing weight and even gained weight until they started getting restriction. Do you know what size of band you have? That will make a big difference. I think the smaller Realize band is 11 cc's if I am not mistaken, so it may take a little more than those of us with a 10 cc Lap Band.

The good news is you have not gained any weight..just keep your head up and make sure you get your water-protein-and excercise in (I need to do better at all three of those!) I bet your next fill will really give you a boost!

hi okiegirl,

I think I have the C size RealizeBand, and 11 ccs is the max fill I believe.

I will keep my head up :biggrin:...I am just soooooooo wanting to start feeling healthier...exercising is so hard for me when I'm unmotivated and not seeing loss has left me super unmotivated :sad:

I would too..a friend of mine had surgery a month before me and had lost almost double what I have. I guess it is different for everbody and I try to keep in mind I want to lose it slow and easy...it's way better in teh long run.

It is especially hard this time of year with all of the "treats" around the office and a house full of boys that love to eat....a lot.

I have a 10 cc band and have had 3 fills. My first fill was 4ccs and my second only one. I only fell a little difference and it is hard b/c I can still eat WWAAAYYYY more than 3/4 cup of food!

I have the Realize band and at the office they said you need to be at 8.5 to start feeling good restriction. I am at 6.5 at my second fill. I do think NOT gaining is a big deal. Keeping it off is always the big challenge. Insist on a bigger fill next time.

I was banded on 10/26, Had my first fill on december 7th and have lost 18.5 pounds since surgery, and a total of 32.5 since June. I really started to feel restriction after my first fill. It is a big adjustment getting used to what and how much I can eat. I wish all of you all of the luck in the world, congrats on all the great progress so far!!!!

Edited by Cindy82281

Hey everyone! I had surgery on October 23rd and I have lost a total of 26 pounds so far :smile2: My first fill was on December 1st and my second fill is scheduled for December 30th! I could be more excited that I chose the Lap Band! It has treated me great!

I had surgry on Oct 8th. I have lost 19 lbs since. I was filled for the first time yesterday. That was an experience! Not really scary, just wierd. I lost 20 lbs before surgery so I am down 39 lbs! I lost 4 lbs since yesterday morning. Only liquids for 4 days now. That could be why I dropped 4 lbs in one day. So I expect to pick up some of that weight when I get back to eating food again. But I am thrilled with the results so far.

Linda G

Hi guys.. We need to have our own Oct 09 Bandsters listed somewhere so we can all post our progress.

I had my surgery on 10/22 .. and I have lost about 24 lbs since then. And about 45 lbs total this year. I have had one fill in my 10cc AP Lapband. I think I have 4.8 ccs in it. The PA said she put 5 in but it was too much? I dont eat much especially in the morning or at lunch, I am too tight. I am just bummed that i am losing slower now only 1-2 lbs a week now. I am not eating my Protein like I would like since I barely can eat anything. Some days are better than others for me. I was hoping I would be able to get another fill before the end of the year but I am not going to get one since I dont need one at this time. I have dropped several clothing sizes and everyone is noticing my weightloss, although it is going slower than it did right after the surgery.

I think I am losing alot of inches. I have gone from a tight 20W size to a regular 16 now :thumbup: I love to hear how all of our fellow October 09 Bandsters are doing!!!