Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

I'm down 35 pounds since my surgery on 02/13/10, I'm so proud of it, but I have to stop now!! I'm pregnant. I cant believe the weightloss actually helped us conceive (a bit faster than we'd planned!). I had to get a partial unfil, so I'm at 2.5ccs. I can eat what I want, no restriction, but my meal sizes are still smaller than before, so I think thats what is going to keep me in check. I'm so happy I have this tool!

I'm down 35 pounds since my surgery on 02/13/10, I'm so proud of it, but I have to stop now!! I'm pregnant. I cant believe the weightloss actually helped us conceive (a bit faster than we'd planned!). I had to get a partial unfil, so I'm at 2.5ccs. I can eat what I want, no restriction, but my meal sizes are still smaller than before, so I think thats what is going to keep me in check. I'm so happy I have this tool!

Congratulations on your on both fronts! You have lots to celebrate!!!

Haven't been online in a while and wanted to check in and see how everyone is faring! I see some great comments! Stay encouraged! I'm doing well in general and feeling good. I've had 2 fills to date and have lost a total of 43 lbs. The last fill was 4/20/10 of 1 cc and doctor said that I'm doing well that I really won't need another fill until I find myself not in the "green zone" anymore. I'm probably consuming about a 1 cup of food in a meal period. However, I like others have had my days where I crave something that isn't so healthy and have given in to that impulse. For me the band does keep me conscious that I should make the best choices and only eat the food that I need for energy. I'm really working on changing my mindset, that I don't have to snack. I have added some cardio exercise like walking from my job to the train station a couple of times in the week (I commute) and using the treadmill. I will also start swimming next month. But I really need to start some toning. I've bought an yoga video and workout kit, but haven't quite yet motivated myself to get started.:sad: But overall I'm happy with my path that I'm traveling!:confused:

Highest weight 285

Pre surgery weight 279.8

Goal weight 150

weight.png

Happy Mothe's day to all the moms out there! I have been doing preety good down 60+ ilb, so far and feeling great. What a differnce I feel, I was working in the yard yesterday all day and I was able to do the weeding and stuff without getting out of breath and withtout my back and legs hurting.This feels great. I have my first feel this coming thus. the 13th can not wait, I have last all this with a unfilled band, and I can preety much eat anything, and a lot but I have to always stop myself, and with the BBq s during the summer and stuff like this will make it a lot harder, and my willpower is thinning... Everyone keep up all the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweety - 60 lbs. - congratulations. You are doing fantastic. I've had my third fill and am very happy.

Let us know how you progress.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

Hey everyone! Glad to see everyone is doing well! I'm feeling great as well but my weightloss has stopped. :scared2: I went in to see the doctor last night and the NUT and Dr. think I may be eatting too many carbs which is totally possible! I got another fill and I'm up to 7ccs in an 11cc band. I work out everyday and take most weekends off except when I have a 5K planned. I can't say enough about how great I feel. I wish everyone a great May and I'll see you all soon.

Today is the day that I have lost 50 lbs since I started this Journey on 1/1/10. My banding was done on 2/21/10 and I have lost 20 lbs since then. I have another 50 lbs to go, i think. Not sure what I will look like at 150 or 125 for that matter, 125 is my current goal, I may stop before that, we will see. Hope everyone is doing fantastic!

Congratulations - you are doing so well. Good luck as you continue.

Joyce

Just back from fill #3. I have 5 cc in my 10 cc band and am feeling very restricted right now. I had a different PA than I was working with the past three times I went in. She was nice enough but didn't follow the procedure the way I am used to. I figured my usual 15 minute appt.,not quite. Anyway, she reluctantly put in 1 cc. What part of I can eat anything I want and do not have to chew it well to get it down didn't she understand? Not to mention that I only lost 5 pounds in the last month.

Anyway the scale is now moving in the right direction and I need to sip slowly, so I must be closer to restriction! I go back in 4 weeks, maybe this fill will have done the trick, but I don't want to count on it so I made the next appt. for 4 weeks!

I, too, no longer have any gerd issues and am off all my meds for that. I have a regular Dr. appt the 27th of this month and I am hoping to be pulled off my cholesterol meds! All the exercise has made me much stronger and more balanced so that is something worth being very happy about--it has also lessened the amount of pain I have in my feet, knees and hips.

Continued good luck to everyone!

Edited by patsal

Had my fourth fill yesterday. Hope this is my sweet spot. I now have 6.2 cc in a 14 cc band. I do cardio every day. I'm going to start strength training tomorrow. Good luck to everybody.

05/14/2010 Hey all my Feb Bandsters...I am still having problems because I don't feel hungry I wait too long and then can't get anything down. So I have to time myself. I am so glad I did this. You can see fotos of my progress in my albums. God bless us All on our journey.

I'm now an official member of the PB and Slime Club. I had been thinking all this time how lucky I was that I've had no issues with this, but this week I've had problems every day. I haven't had a fill since 4/23 so nothing has changed recently. I think it's from eating things that are just not moist enough (yams, almonds, smoked salmon.) I get pain in my esophagus, then sudden nausea, then slime (saliva) then it's get to the toilet fast time. :w00t:

I'm going to eat soft foods for a couple days, really be conscious of chewing well, and eat very slowly, and hopefully this will all subside.

I'm now an official member of the PB and Slime Club. I had been thinking all this time how lucky I was that I've had no issues with this, but this week I've had problems every day. I haven't had a fill since 4/23 so nothing has changed recently. I think it's from eating things that are just not moist enough (yams, almonds, smoked salmon.) I get pain in my esophagus, then sudden nausea, then slime (saliva) then it's get to the toilet fast time. :thumbup:

I'm going to eat soft foods for a couple days, really be conscious of chewing well, and eat very slowly, and hopefully this will all subside.

Welcome to the club!! I have been a member for about 3 weeks. I think the stomach swells after you PB so it is really hard to eat anything for a couple of days without getting the same result! Does yours hurt like the DICKENS??? Mine hurts when I am PBing. I think this whole issue has been the cause of me not loosing any weight lately, I can't seem to get enough good calories in when it hurts to eat anything. I hope you get over yours soon!:smile2: It sucks!

:thumbup: THAT is amazing news!!!! Congrats!!! You are a sucess! Keep us in the loop of how it goes being prego with a lapband, I am curious. I wish you and your family all the best!:smile2:

"Welcome to the club!! I have been a member for about 3 weeks. I think the stomach swells after you PB so it is really hard to eat anything for a couple of days without getting the same result! Does yours hurt like the DICKENS??? Mine hurts when I am PBing. I think this whole issue has been the cause of me not loosing any weight lately, I can't seem to get enough good calories in when it hurts to eat anything. I hope you get over yours soon!:thumbup: It sucks! "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you're right about that. Mine was touchy for about three days after the first episode but I haven't had a problem since. I felt pain at first, like food getting stuck in my esophagus. After that I felt extremely nauseas (sp?).

Do you think your band is too tight? If it's been going on for three weeks that can't be right. Like you say, when you can't eat you don't lose weight because your body goes into starvation mode. So, it doesn't pay to put up with being too tight. Hope you loosen up soon!