Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Hey Feb-sters~

OMG today I had my pre-op appt. on the phone. It was pretty simple, she took my meds. and their doses, she made sure I knew of someone that could help take care of me for the first week and she told me about what happens on the surgery day. I am so excited and nervous!:angry: One more visit with the surgeon and then I am off to surgery! I can't believe that I am doing this, I know I couldn't do it without reading all these posts. I thought I was the only one that is nervous about the LAP-BAND® and worried about if it will work for me! Thank you all for updates of what your doing getting ready for the big day. How is everybody doing with their liquid diet, if you need to follow one? I am having a problem with diarria it's aweful I drink a glass of Water and boom I am back on the throne! Sorry about being so blunt, but I need to know if this is different that others so I can talk to my doctor if it's not. We all have great inner strength to do this, don't forget who you are doing it for and why, it will be totally worth it in the end.

Good Luck To You

Thank you all for the support!! Good luck to all the other Bandsters out there!!!!!!!!! Will post again when I get home from hospital Wednesday!

Good Luck Tweety!:angry:

#1. Surgery date? Feb 4, 2010

#2. State you live in? Chicago

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Cahill /Little Co of Mary

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 48/ 5'9

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 272 (highest) 266 (current) goal is 180-190

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I got tried of struggling with my weight, not to mention the toll it's taking on my body (i.e bones, joints). Mental torture!!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? My husband is very excited for me, he says he's looking forward to taking care of once I come home from the hospital. My 2 daughters are really supportive.

#8. Concerns and questions? A little nervous about the first few days after surgery. Praying everything will go well.

.......................and anything else you would like to add! EXCITED ABOUT WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS!!!!!!

Hey Feb-sters~

OMG today I had my pre-op appt. on the phone. It was pretty simple, she took my meds. and their doses, she made sure I knew of someone that could help take care of me for the first week and she told me about what happens on the surgery day. I am so excited and nervous!:( One more visit with the surgeon and then I am off to surgery! I can't believe that I am doing this, I know I couldn't do it without reading all these posts. I thought I was the only one that is nervous about the LAP-BAND®® and worried about if it will work for me! Thank you all for updates of what your doing getting ready for the big day. How is everybody doing with their liquid diet, if you need to follow one? I am having a problem with diarria it's aweful I drink a glass of Water and boom I am back on the throne! Sorry about being so blunt, but I need to know if this is different that others so I can talk to my doctor if it's not. We all have great inner strength to do this, don't forget who you are doing it for and why, it will be totally worth it in the end.

Good Luck To You

Miss Seeann, it could be posible that you are allergic to something in the shakes. Talk to the nut or dr about using something different post op so you can avoid unhappiness with the throne.

Day 10 of the pre-op diet. Yes, I'm still alive - just kidding...... my pre-op diet isn't as bad as some I've read.

I was making my kids a bowl of Cereal and grabbed a half of a hand full and ate them.....yikes! It was mindless eating..... if I was going to cheat it wouldn't have been with honey nut cheerios! LOL

I didn't drop a pound over the weekend....my hubby said my body finally noticed the lack of calories and put the brakes on. I'm down another pound since thank goodness.

Good luck all!

I was officially banded yesterday. I sort of got lost in the shuffle at the hospital after I was moved from recovery and the chest and shoulder pain were pretty horrendous. But today I feel much better. My kids are exactly incision height and I'm feeling what I perceive to be real hunger, but I'm excited to get this thing going. Ten days of liquids to start. So here we go! Anyone else been under the knife yet?

Thank you all for the support!! Good luck to all the other Bandsters out there!!!!!!!!! Will post again when I get home from hospital Wednesday!

Good luck Tweety! :(

The hospital / doctor moved my appointment up to 9:10am. We have to be at the hospital by 7:10am.

I'm excited in a nervous-ish sort of way.

Have a great day everyone, I'll update on Thursday.

good luck tweety and chinchilla!!!

only 5 more days of these dam liquid diet!! banding time on Tuesday for me!!! woot woot!!!!

I have my preop phone call today.

I also have diarrhea but it is only once a day.

Good luck Tweety and Chincilla!

Glad it went well LapNYC!

I'm at Day 6 of the liquid pre-op and I so relate to Northern Mist--every time I prepare stuff for the family I am trying hard to be "on top of things" so I don't accidentally grab a little bite of something that would make for a deviation. After cooking great meals for them all for the past 6 nights I am giving myself a break and picking up subway for them on the way home tonight. Wednesdays are hectic for us so this will be a nice break! I will enjoy not having to prepare for one night!

Have a great day everyone!

#1. Surgery date? 2/23/2010

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Domkowski, Sebastian River Hosptital

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance (Thank God!)

#5. Age and height 37 and I'm 5'6

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 266, goal is 160

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I want to be healthier and a role model for my daughter.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Tons!! :smile2:

#8. Concerns and questions? I am just really psyching myself up for the worst possible experience on the pre-op, so it won't seem so bad when I actually am on it! :thumbup:

#1. Surgery date? Feb 4, 2010

#2. State you live in? Chicago

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Cahill /Little Co of Mary

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 48/ 5'9

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 272 (highest) 266 (current) goal is 180-190

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I got tried of struggling with my weight, not to mention the toll it's taking on my body (i.e bones, joints). Mental torture!!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? My husband is very excited for me, he says he's looking forward to taking care of once I come home from the hospital. My 2 daughters are really supportive.

#8. Concerns and questions? A little nervous about the first few days after surgery. Praying everything will go well.

.......................and anything else you would like to add! EXCITED ABOUT WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS!!!!!!

Tomorrow (Feb 4th) is my surgery too~ SO EXCITED! I love the fact that we had to do the "Liquid Diet" first...made me feel like this all may not be too bad, after all (plus I lost a few lbs which makes me feel upbeat!)

#1. Surgery date? TOMORROW Feb 4th 2010

#2. State you live in? CT

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Papasavas

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance (except for $2500)

#5. Age and height 49 and 5'5

#6. Current weight and goal weight? started at 245 currant 247.5 goal 180-ish (?)

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? SO tired of feeling like "You have a pretty face"...I want the whole package!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? about 65% supportive

#8. Concerns and questions? EXCITED! Afraid that previous surgeries may cause an obstacle.

Today was Day 20 of my liquid diet~ only 5 more days to go. I had a difficult time today, was feeling pretty sorry for myself once again, but I know I'm getting close.

I finally got my date!

February 30th. Well, it would have been if the damn Catholics didn't invent a month with only 28 days in it.

But they did and I guess my surgery date appears as March 2nd on the modern calendar.

Good luck to those going under the knife today and tomorrow!!!

I finally got my date!

February 30th. Well, it would have been if the damn Catholics didn't invent a month with only 28 days in it.

But they did and I guess my surgery date appears as March 2nd on the modern calendar.

Good luck to those going under the knife today and tomorrow!!!

Congrats! I know you've been waiting to hear! :)