Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is why I'm dying for a soda

Here's the reason I can't quit soda (though I haven't had one in about 2 weeks.) This stack is just 5 steps outside my office door. It's unavoidable since I have to pass it on the way to the copy and fax room 95 times a day. And the fridge is stuffed with more soda.

It's killing me! I'm sipping my stupid low-sodium broth with my back up diet ice tea, but I want 9 cans of soda!

We only have 9 employees in this office, and several are part time. The attorneys are usually in court, so it's just me and those sodas. It's torture. Add that to Erin making pizza and heaping, steaming plates of eggrolls and french toast sausage sandwiches at 8:30 a.m. and you can probably appreciate why I was slugging down those sodas! FREE, mass quantities. Evil.

broth tastes like warm liver juice. Can't I have just one (pallet) of soda?

post-203981-13813132334779_thumb.jpg

Lisa, just look at all those cans of pretty poison just sitting there just waiting to take some innocent band out with it's poison...fight it...fight that demon!! lol..ok i have too much time on my hands at work! best of luck lisa on your soda fight...may you can get a big tablecloth and cover up those darn cokes. Just tell the lawyers you felt the urge to redecorate!

Put them on Erin's desk. Tell her you knew she wanted them anyway.

Seriously though, that's insane. You have about as many people in your office as I do in mine, and I only buy a 12 pack of what everyone wants at a time, maybe two if the only reason I went to the store was for soda for the programmers (I hate going to the store).

Have you tried putting spices in the liver juice? Garlic pepper or something (if you like that kind of thing). I've been drinking alot of green tea lately, and while it doesn't curb hunger for me like it does for some, I haven't had a soda this week and I haven't even been trying. 'course, I just stocked the fridge with the new fresca flavors, so I doubt it'll last. I'm so bad.

That is pure torture.............

We have to machines in the break room - all the soda you can have for free. I know exactly what you mean And to top it off they just added Starbucks to the coffee room. Talk about wired

OMG! You poor thing!!! I think I'd be a totally whacked out nut job by now if I had to stare at those day in and day out just calling my name continuously!

Honey, I'm here if you need me. You can cry on my shoulder, you can write poems about how much and how badly you want one, and I can soothe you all the while singing coom-bye-ah.

Hold strong my dear, hold strong!

Step away from the sodas!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!

They were created to melt down your insides and pack piles of big yellow gunk all over your body. Then it gets into your brains and short circuits all of the wiring, taking complete control of you, causing you to want more and more and more and it never ends. Don't be fooled by the word 'diet' ha, they're even worse, they make you think you getting sugar but you're not and they have a special ingredient to make you crave pizza, egg rolls, fried chicken, and double cheesburgers with bacon and oh my, I'd better stop, this can be dangerous!!!

Don't do it Lisa, I beg of you, please don't do it. It's really not worth it.

Okay, I have warned you, that's all I can do for now. But one more time -

STEP AWAY FROM THE SODAS!!!!!!!

Cindy

"Put them on Erin's desk. Tell her you knew she wanted them anyway."

I either finally hit meltdown, I'm having a nervous breakdown, or somebody slipped me a Mickey because I can't stop laughing today. I've literally cried about 7 times today from stuff I read at LBT and I can't even see through my tears... people are walking in and I'm pretending it's allergies.

It's EFFIN absurd, alright! Now think of "knowing all that free soda is there" while "smelling Manicotti with baked Mozzrella sticks at 8:00 a.m." Then convince me I can stay away from all that free soda. I hope it's PMS or the weather, because I swear I'm on the verge of a breakdown.