Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Our 1 Year Bandiversaries

It's December 1st and it's the start of our one year bandiversaries. How is everyone doing?

Check in and let us know your:

on-scale victories

non-scale victories

successful tips you've learned this past year

struggles you're still having

I have lost 45 pounds. I am happy with this and actually it is a bonus. I think of all the weight I could have gained this past year....I did not gain a pound! :tongue2:

I am still eating too fast and too much I think. I need to be more intuitive to my body.

I am looking forward to hearing from everyone a year later.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Thanks for starting this thread. I was just sitting here thinking it has been one year today. I am down 51 pounds. I have another 50 or so to go but know that in the next year I can get the rest of the weight off. I had to have a small unfill right before Halloween because I was spitting up too much and think I inflamed my stomach. Now I can eat anything again, so I am going back for a slight refill next week.

I look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.

Happy Holidays to all!

I will have my one year bandiversary on 12/18. I have only lost 25 pounds. I have not really felt any restriction, but my doctor has been very stingy with the fills. I think I am now around 5cc in a 10cc band. This past fill I am finally finding some restriction and have begun to lose more weight. I am looking at it as losing 25 pounds is better than gaining 25!

I have asked "Santa" for the Wii for Christmas so I am going to make 2010 a good year for excercise and weight loss. I hope to post on my second baniversary that I have lost close to 100 pounds.

Good luck everyone and Happy Holidays!

Hi, My bandiversary was Dec 1st. since being banded, I've lost 69 # with 70 more to go,. But with exercise, am still shrinking in clothing sizes (Really an upper for me) NSV- have to quit closet shopping as I am about out of clothes that still fit; of all BP meds, and my CPAP is dropped 4 points. I out walk my DH. Now I need my gall bladder out (Dec 22, it's complcating what I eat and itis better this way ) . What I've learned: Exercise is key, I really can change, this is only a tool and I have to make it work. I still feel like I'm juggling exercise, diet, and life - still need to change things daily to make it easier (evreything is in flux). also maybe it isn't me, my job is horrid. I will be better off when they decide who is laid off

Sorry about the job situation. Your weight loss is an inspiration. It seems that you have found a nice balance of exercise and diet to make it work. I do think that once I begin exercising more my diet will be easier. My DH wants to lose about 30 pounds so we are going to start of the new year right.

I hope to be "shopping" for a new wardrobe soon!

My anniversary is Thursday, I made my goal in August,(-78lbs) but I'm up about 7 pounds from it over Thanksgiving. I hope to be back at my goal before the end of the year. I maintained my goal for 3 months, this is the first bump in the road.

Hey guys!!!

I was banded on December 1st. I started out at 330 and now I weigh 210 pounds. I have absolutely nothing to wear, but I'm counting that as a NSV! I feel so much lighter, don't have foot pain or joint pain, and have so much energy! People almost every day make comments about how I'm shrinking as I see lots of different people through work. I gained a boyfriend along the way who is great. It's not perfect and I've definitely had my ups and downs, but this lapband thing is the only thing I've tried over the years and years of dieting that is working for me. I look at food very differently now. I haven't eaten bread in months. I haven't been at this weight since high school and I'm 30 years old. I'm really excited. I still have 35 pounds to lose to get to goal, but I am still losing consistently, even though it has slown down from the initial momentum. I have met alot of great people on the lap band and WLS sites and have sort of figured this thing out through trial and error--what I can eat, what I can't, what I feel like when I'm too tight...This year has been so full of changes! A year ago, I couldn't even picture myself at this weight. It seemed impossible. I still have a nagging voice that reminds me that I could gain it all back in a minute, but I don't think that I will. I've made permanent behavior changes and nutrition changes that I'm hoping will last a lifetime. This is the best thing that has ever happened for me! I'm so proud of myself and for all of you!!!!:thumbup:

Congratulations, those are some impressive stats. Have you looked at thrift stores or places like the salvation army? My wife lost about the same as you and she used to buy some decent looking clothes at great prices, but you didn't feel bad, actually good, when they became too big. I used to think that those stores were for poor people to get cheap clothes, but the profit they make at the stores benefits the needy. So far I have bought a few pair of 34 waist jeans there!

It's December 1st and it's the start of our one year bandiversaries. How is everyone doing?

Check in and let us know your:

on-scale victories

non-scale victories

successful tips you've learned this past year

struggles you're still having

My bandiversary was 12/2/09.

I have gone from 271 to 193.

I have gone from a tight 22W to size 16 and those are feeling looser. My shoe size went from 9W to 81/2M...(yes honey, I did need new shoes :thumbup:). I have given bags and bags of clothes to charity. I have more energy and so much more self confidence.

My husband just returned from his deployment (he left a week after my surgery) and he says he has a new wife. He's still getting used to the changes in eating as well as looks. I told him I've become a girl again and I take longer to get dressed. I had pretty much quit wearing make-up and fixing my hair prior.

Tips: take it slow, it doesn't happen overnight. At first I spent a lot of time here and gave lots of thought to what I was eating and making sure I was doing everything just right. Now it is pretty much second nature and just part of who I am.

Struggles: My biggest struggle is getting my exercise in. I plan on doing that after the holidays once life has settled down and gotten back to normal and hubby and I have a routine down.

It's so great to see everyone's success. :thumbup:

Banded 12-19-08, 1 Year ago TODAY....

I have only 10 more lbs to lose to reach my first goal.

Feeling fantastic... went from size 18 to current size 10-12

me_1year.jpg

Hello Fellow Bandsters!:thumbup:

Wow, we have reached one year! All of you have done so well! Congratulations! This was a good thread starter! I have lost 70 lbs so far and need to lose another 25 lbs to reach healthy BMI which has been my personal goal all along. For NSV I have given away countless bags of clothes and lost 8 sizes I went from a 22 to a 14 and my 14's are getting loose too! I have no more clothes in my closet that I can wait to wear at this point I need to buy new clothes! What I have learned is Portion Control and what I still struggle with is overeating sugars! I can still get candy bars down and rely on them when nothing else works and I know that this is not an healthy habit. Well keep up the great work everyone!

Angie

6 cc in a 10 cc band

12/16/08 Date of Surgery

I was banded december 19th, hysterectomy four months after that, then I had heart spasms which showed up as a silent heart attack four months ago..

I am down to a size 9 pants from a size 20 pants, I have lost 65 lbs but still need to lose more, it seems that I have had many plateaus where IM not losing but I pick myself back up and try try again. I need a fill again as Im feeling not that restricted. Everyday is a new day thats for sure, one day I can eat something and the next I cant... food is more of a chore now on what to make for suppers ... sometimes its discouraging when I want to eat something but I know it would get stuck.. I havent had any bread and that is one thing that I can say I do miss.... just making a sandwhich and I do miss eating fish..

Im happy with the way I look now and my wedding is april 10th and Im so excited to be able to walk down the aisle looking amazing.. ;)

congrats to everyone on your weight losses.. Hang in there I know how tough this has really been!!

My 1 year Bandanniversary was in December. Life has been crazy, sad and I'm stalled.

I'm working to get back into the groove of recording everything I eat and making better choices in foods. My son was killed in Afganistan in October of 09, My brother in law passed away from cancer in October 09, I've gained around 20 lbs since then and have added candy bars and cheetos to my diet... Yes I know bad bad bad.

I went through a period of being too tight...or maybe it was grief and my pouch was topsy turvy and I couldn't get good things in and resorted to liquids for my lunch and dinner. (Soups mostly) There were times I couldn't even get yogurt down.

I wanted to come back and see how everyone was doing and be a bit whinny cause I know everyone will understand.

AnnJones, i understand. Life is not easy. I am sorry to hear of your losses. Tthis has to be so overwhelming at times. (I , too lost my mother , when I was losing weight w/o the band and I did a 360 on weight loss and gained it all back). You only gained 20 #, which is remarkable.You know what the changeds are and you can make further changes for your health. Many thingse ,i am learning , affect one's band, esp emotions, coughing, crying- sinus problems. I''ve been on liquids only after a sinus infection which was 'gone' (but the sinus draining continued to point I woke up vomitting at night). yes i drank stuff I shouldn't simply to get something down.

Ann, do see your doctor if your band is that tight, still. Do talk with someone, even us; about losing your son and BIL This would to knock anyone for a loop; You deserve to be nice to yourself and not beat yourself up about the weight gain. If there is a local WLS group or some other group you might like, do join them. Do let us know how you are doing. Remember, Your sone and BIL would not want you to be unhappy.