Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great Food Finds

Have you found a great food product that has made your weight loss journey easier? Please share. Include nutrition info.

Trader Joe's oatmeal Complete

210 cal, 3g fat, 38g carbs, 4g Fiber, 9g sugar, 7g Protein

It aslo has B6 and B12 Vitamins, folic acid, flax, soy protein, Calcium and Vitamin D.< /p>

I like plain yogart mixed with powdered shake ....tastes like pudding

Home made simple ground turkey chili. After I got hooked on making and eating this simple dish (with a variety of beans) my hair stopped falling out as much. Apparently I was Protein deficient and didn't realize it.

Mimi

Hi Mimilou, May I request you to share your recipe and the calories, fat, carbs, fiber, and Protein content.

Thanks

Trader Joe's Greek style nonfat yogurt (various flavors) they come in single serving cups and large containers.

120 cal, 0 fat, 17g carb, 13g sugar, 14g Protein

If you have a craving for indian food. Try Trader Joe's Indian Fare. My favorite is Dal Makhani, One serving has 170 cal, 7g fat, 20g carb, 3g fiber, 7g Protein.< /p>

Madris Lentil is another good flavor and has fewer calories.

PS: The above link and recipe is courtesy of Btrieger!!!!! I was a fan of Hormel Chili before this link got posted. I have made the recipe with ground beef, chunk chicken and ground turkey. It comes out great no matter what changes are made. Thanks again, Btrieger, and my hair thanks you too!!!!

Mimi

someone on these boards gave me this recipe for

Wendy's Chili

adjust to your taste but I have frozen bags of this

i omit the diced green chili

and use only kidney Beans because that is

all i have in the home

but DH thinks next time we should use

black beand

I use turkey and omg...crave crave crave

Enjoy!!!

2 pounds ground beef

One 29-ounce can Tomato sauce

One 29-ounce can kidney Beans (with liquid)

One 29-ounce can pinto beans (with liquid)

1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)

1/2 cup diced green chili (2 chilies)

1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)

3 medium tomatoes, chopped

2 teaspoons cumin powder

3 tablespoons chili powder

1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper

2 teaspoons salt

2 cups Water

1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the

fat.

2. Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.

3. In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients,

and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring every 15 minutes,

for 2 to 3 hours.

Makes about 12 servings.

Edited by jollygreen1955

This recipe is the creation of someone on the Special K Challenge boards:

Easy

chicken cutlets in a crock pot or you can put it in an oven low heat covered WITH SALSA

girls there are addicted to it

well...I tried it

and it is moist and delicious

cut with a fork so moist

I also used it with turkey strips (brown meat) that was on sale

OMG....delicious

I have a friend got a call from her school principal. Her son goes to a jewish school and the Rabbi called. He asked her what was wrong with her son?

Let me tell you, she said nothing wrong, as her heart fell. He called because all the kids chucked down the macaroni and cheese, and her son did not.

NOW, who does not love macaroni and cheese and theirs are made fresh.

So she RAN repeat RAN to school to check out her son (4 th grade)....

It turns out he would not eat it because it tasted funny...did not taste like hers

WHY HERS???????????

She adds the yellow can of seafood seasoning with the crab on it to everything for a zing....... and it is Kosher

WOULD YOU BELIEVE>...

DS my fresh macaroni and cheese (did not tell him... but he said good cheese)

and add to fish and I make everything from scratch and it is soooooo good

I was going to write about these awhile back when I was looking for something for my 1 Protein meal on my pre-op diet. I was in awe when I read the package's nutrition info.

They are called chicken Grillables by Barber Foods. They are absolutely scrumptious as they are ( as the package states)"lightly seasoned, all-white chicken meat" They go from freezer to grill (or broiler, fry pan, or griddle/grill) then to plate in less than 15 minutes. I used to mash avocado with red onion, Tomato, cilanto, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then squeeze some lime over it all. I would spread this on the chicken and place some bacon over all of that and serve on bakery Buns.< /span>

So what I did for my pre-op diet was indoor grilled the chicken patty, and then grilled some onions and green pepper for my 1/2 cup of veggies. WOW, that chicken was awesome, and could stand on it's own without any other flavorings. I can't wait to again play around with them and flavoring alternatives once I get back to eattin solids.

We bought ours at Sam's Club, and bought extra at the end of the summer season, as that is when (summer) Sams carries these. But I went to their site and they do carry them at other stores and maybe they will have them all year round.

Anyway, the best news about these are the nutrition values:

Calories: 140

Fat: 5g

Carbs: 2g

Protein: 23g

The ingredient list is as follows:

INGREDIENTS: CHICKEN BREAST WITH RIB meat CONTAINING UP TO 13% OF A SOLUTION OF Water, RICE STARCH, SALT, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR, LEMON juice CONCENTRATE, VINEGAR, ROAST CHICKEN, ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, PAPRIKA, SUGAR, PARSLEY, BLACK PEPPER, NATURAL FLAVORING

http://www.barberfoods.com/Our-Products/Category-Two/chicken-burgers.aspx

Edited by GraciesMom

Cranberry Orange Breakfast Barley

Ingredients

3 cups Water

1 cup barley, rinsed and drained

2 cups orange juice

1/2 cup dried cranberries

3 tbsp. honey

1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon

Directions

Prep time: 5 minutes, Cook time: 45 minutes Place Water and barley in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients and continue cooking over low heat, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the barley is thick and creamy. Makes 3 servings.

Nutritional Information:

Nutrition per serving (516 g): 450 calories, 10 g Protein, 1.5 g total fat (0 g sat., 0 g trans), 104 g carbohydrate, 18 g Fiber, 29 g sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 8 points

Shopping List:

1 cup barley, 2 cups orange juice, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 3 tbsp. honey, 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon