Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great Food Finds

I am able to snack on string cheese and beef Jerky, but I craved something like peanuts for the crunch. I found a great alternive (for my taste anyway). I buy a pound of Roasted and Salted Soynuts:( serving 1/3 cup, fat 7g,

Carbs 9g, Protein 11g, and just because I know someone will ask, it's 50mg of sodium.) I then dump them into a large zip bag and shake in about 2 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash's, Fiesta Lime. I let that all sit overnight and then bag 1/3 cup servings into the snack size bags. They are then ready to grab when I want a snack.

I have been a Hungrygirl subscriber for years, and have enjoyed her evolution from blogger to cookbook author. Her emails start my moring off every morning. Signup for her emails and great recipes and other important inf at

HungryGirl.com

I am able to snack on string cheese and beef Jerky, but I craved something like peanuts for the crunch. I found a great alternive (for my taste anyway). I buy a pound of Roasted and Salted Soynuts:( serving 1/3 cup, fat 7g,

Carbs 9g, Protein 11g, and just because I know someone will ask, it's 50mg of sodium.) I then dump them into a large zip bag and shake in about 2 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash's, Fiesta Lime. I let that all sit overnight and then bag 1/3 cup servings into the snack size bags. They are then ready to grab when I want a snack.

I use cashews because they are the softness of the nuts :mad:

at times I have left out some no sugar added cherios type and mix with nuts and some mini chocolate chips:thumbup:

get on her email list.......great ideas and recipes
I just did it, Thx again.

My doctor's office would not approve. They subscribe to an Atkins-esque paradigm regarding carbohydrates post banding. With that said, a tablespoon of Ovaltine goes a long way to making Protein Shakes tolerable :-)

My doctor's office would not approve. They subscribe to an Atkins-esque paradigm regarding carbohydrates post banding. With that said, a tablespoon of Ovaltine goes a long way to making Protein shakes tolerable :-)

My Dr. does as well twopoint0, that is why (on page 5 of this thread), you will see my response to craving a banana.

An apple is like a huge slice of apple pie in my mind at this point. However, I have to say, the weight is coming off, and it is only for a short time in comparision to what it took to get me here. Thus, I move forward, still craving a banana or apple!

I will have to try a Ovaltine shake, because I have to say Swiss Miss just does not cut it. Thanks.

~Cheryl

My Dr. does as well twopoint0, that is why (on page 5 of this thread), you will see my response to craving a banana.

An apple is like a huge slice of apple pie in my mind at this point. However, I have to say, the weight is coming off, and it is only for a short time in comparision to what it took to get me here. Thus, I move forward, still craving a banana or apple!

I will have to try a Ovaltine shake, because I have to say Swiss Miss just does not cut it. Thanks.

~Cheryl

Okay so... I'm with you. I just need a nanner sometimes! I've found a couple of interesting ways around this dilemma. Hahahaha.

Option #1) Eat the friggin thing and beat myself up all day. Okay maybe not too bad, it has 18 carbs not 108 per calorieking.com

Option #2) At the grocery store, they have imitation banana. I know... don't laugh.. but you can put it in your smoothies or Protein shakes and have a faux nanner shake!

Option #3) I peel bananas, slice them into about 6 pieces and freeze them. Once or twice a day, I throw a couple frozen pieces in my Protein Shake.

Could one of these work for ya?

I am able to snack on string cheese and beef Jerky, but I craved something like peanuts for the crunch. I found a great alternive (for my taste anyway). I buy a pound of Roasted and Salted Soynuts:
I don't know if you like spicey food but another one with a good crunch is Wasabi Peas: 0 trans fat, Total fat 4g, 0 Cholest.(important to me) Total carb 18, Protein 4g and 130 calories, serving size 55 peas. It's more then enough. I never eat a whole serving.

Edited by kimaly

Ya'll are talking about carbs, How does your Dr. count yours? Because they only count net carbs on me. Not all carbs are bad.

If you are a person on the go and need to get your veggies in. Green Giant has these frozen boxes of veggies flavored with light sauces. There are 2 servings in a box. I caught them on sale at pathmark for $1 each. Perfect to take to work. 1 serving is usually 50 to 60 calories.

Baby brussel sprouts in butter sauce

Califlower in cheese sauce

Immunity blend (carrots,broccoli, sweet pepper strips)

Baby vegetable medley

And many many more!

Is this in the frozen food section? What is the sodium count?

The Indian Fare products are not in the freezer section. I usually find them in the same isle as the sauces and rice. The sodium content varies among all the products. Some can be a bit high. As for my favorites, The Madris Lentil has 445 mg soduim. Dal Mahkini has 670 mg sodium. Some of the vegetable ones have less sodium. Shouldn't have this stuff everyday, but its delicious and good way to mix things up.

Throw in some shredded chicken and make it a meal!

I have been a Hungrygirl subscriber for years, and have enjoyed her evolution from blogger to cookbook author. Her emails start my moring off every morning. Signup for her emails and great recipes and other important inf at

HungryGirl.com

Ohhhhhhh how i wuv me some turkey jerky!

And yes Hungry Girl rocks!

These are some really great ideas! Thank you so much for sharing :-)

My dr is stictly on a Calorie base, not a Carb base. I'm supposed to eat between 900 - 1200 cal a day - of course getting in 40-60 gr Protein a day in there also. As far as Carbs, it's whatever we can handle, without going over cals and getting pro.

Make sense?

Thanks again for the great ideas .. I LOVE this site!

And we're all SOOO worth it !!!

Ok, so I actually have a food that I can share on here! Ususally I'm the last one with a new item, or new idea to share, but I found a wonderful item at the store this weekend. i'm sure you all have heard of it, but here goes ...

EarthGrains brand 100% natural Thin Buns! I got the Multi-Grain ones. ( earthgrains.com will give you the other flavors, and more nutrition info )

Serv Size - 1 bun

Calories - 100

Fat - 1.5g

Carb - 21g

Pro - 5g

They're very Skinny Buns. I used one for Sloppy Joes on Fri night. I have a hard time with most bread, but these worked beautifully! And this morning, I toasted one and put Honey on it. NUMMY !!!!!

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about these - I can finally eat some bread :-) ENJOY !!

Try Bandtastic Meals. All the nutrition info is on their website. These meals are how I survive lunch at work. Check it out and let me know.:thumbup:

Try Bandtastic Meals. All the nutrition info is on their website. These meals are how I survive lunch at work. Check it out and let me know.:unsure:
They sound good, I'm only ordering a half order because they seem a little pricey and I want to make sure I like them first.

Another fav of mine is Mandarin orange segments in pear juice. 1/3 less calories then the ones in lite Syrup. 60 calories, 0 fat, 0 cholest., 14g carbs, 1g Protein per 1/2 cup.