Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great Food Finds

How are you all soooo lucky!:)

My doc has me still on a rigid non-carb (my surgery was 11/24/09), strickly 4 oz.s (per meal) of Protein diet. In fact in about 2 weeks, I can only add 1/2 cup veggies ( except corn, tators, and peas) No fruit, no Cereal, no nothing! Just cheese, eggs, meats, and soy products. I eat soy nuts and beef Jerky as treats. I totally blew three weeks of this diet trying some of the stuff I saw here, but lost only a wee bit of weight when I did that. Then I went to my required 6 week nutrional meeting last week and got back on track. I've lost 3 pounds this week, so I guess it does work, but DA-M, I want a banana!!!:thumbup:

How are you all soooo lucky!:thumbup:

My doc has me still on a rigid non-carb (my surgery was 11/24/09), strickly 4 oz.s (per meal) of Protein diet. In fact in about 2 weeks, I can only add 1/2 cup veggies ( except corn, tators, and peas) No fruit, no cereal, no nothing! Just cheese, eggs, meats, and soy products. I eat soy nuts and beef Jerky as treats. I totally blew three weeks of this diet trying some of the stuff I saw here, but lost only a wee bit of weight when I did that. Then I went to my required 6 week nutrional meeting last week and got back on track. I've lost 3 pounds this week, so I guess it does work, but DA-M, I want a banana!!!;)

That's wild, It's the first time I heard of a Doctor saying no carbs. I know they all say low but no carbs is harsh. Maybe he meant no white carbs, because vegs and cheese have carbs and your still in the healing stage. Give it a little time and maybe he'll ease up. And I can't get over the no fruit. I'm with you, When I was at your stage banana's saved me. Anyhow good luck:smile:

That's wild, It's the first time I heard of a Doctor saying no carbs. I know they all say low but no carbs is harsh. Maybe he meant no white carbs, because vegs and cheese have carbs and your still in the healing stage. Give it a little time and maybe he'll ease up. And I can't get over the no fruit. I'm with you, When I was at your stage banana's saved me. Anyhow good luck:smile:

;):thumbup:I agree:thumbup::thumbup:

Tilapia Rustique at La Madeleine Cafe. It is tilapia sauted in chardonnay wine with finely chopped bell peppers and garlic. It normally comes with a side of rice pilaf, but I asked to substitute some steamed broccolli. It tastes wonderful and is very easy on my banded stomach.

Under 300 calories and big enough to eat at least twice.

tilapiarustique.jpg

Is this in the frozen food section? What is the sodium count?

If you have a craving for indian food. Try Trader Joe's Indian Fare. My favorite is Dal Makhani, One serving has 170 cal, 7g fat, 20g carb, 3g Fiber, 7g Protein.< p>Madris Lentil is another good flavor and has fewer calories.

That looks absolutely delicious! I want some :thumbup:

Tilapia Rustique at La Madeleine Cafe. It is tilapia sauted in chardonnay wine with finely chopped bell peppers and garlic. It normally comes with a side of rice pilaf, but I asked to substitute some steamed broccolli. It tastes wonderful and is very easy on my banded stomach.

Under 300 calories and big enough to eat at least twice.

tilapiarustique.jpg

OMG that sounds wonderful! I'm on a fast from meat right now and this has me drooling!!!

I made boneless chicken thighs baked with trader joes chipotle salsa. Baked it until it was falling apart. Ummm ummm ummm.

maybe this is not a new product. but i always carry with me some carrots, celery and cucumber. i'm always prepared for those cravings and midday Snacks.< /p>

maybe this is not a new product. but i always carry with me some carrots, celery and cucumber. i'm always prepared for those cravings and midday Snacks.< /div>
That's the smart way to go.

maybe this is not a new product. but i always carry with me some carrots, celery and cucumber. i'm always prepared for those cravings and midday Snacks.< /div>

Since, I have had the fill..that is a no no for me.........to heavy :0)

Hey everybody! I love reading this section. Just wanted to post some things that have made my new bandster life a little easier. They are from Hungry Girl. Anybody else read her newsletters? She has a lot more of these 'mug' recipes; Egg Mug Florentine, Egg Mug Burger-rama, Egg McMuggin, Egg Mug Lorraine, Egg Mug Mexicali, pizza pizza Egg Mug, California Love Mug, It's All Greek... They are all really good takes on healthy eating. Also, they all have the carbs, cals, Protein, etc. listed.

From what I understand, egg beaters are pretty much the same as egg whites but a little more expensive. I had a dietitian tell me once that a good alternative is a ratio of 4 egg white w/1 egg yolk.

Tuna salad has fast become a favorite of mine along with with Hormel No Beans turkey chili. The Chili is really good with a sprinkle of cheese and a diced turkey frank in it. Sorta like chili dogs minus the bread! hahaha

The Easiest Egg Breakfast Ever...

classic-egg-mug-recipe4.jpgThe Egg Mug Classic

PER SERVING (entire mug): 95 calories, 2g fat, 490mg sodium, 3g carbs, 0g Fiber, 2g sugars, 14.5g Protein -- POINTS® value 2*

Ingredients:

1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)

One wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, cut into pieces

Directions:

Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and cheese and stir. Microwave for about a minute. Stir gently, and then microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds, until scramble is just set. Stir and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Thank you so much for the hungry girl site, tons of recipes I hadn't thought of.

Thank you so much for the hungry girl site, tons of recipes I hadn't thought of.

get on her email list.......great ideas and recipes

I have some really good food finds, but don't have the nutritional information handy as I'm at work.

However, they are really tasty and good for you:

omelet (made for 2)

2 whole Egglands Best eggs

1/3 cup Egg Beaters Whites only

Beat the eggs with the egg beaters, add S&P to taste, a couple of dashes of cayenne pepper.

2 Frigos Light String cheese, cut into tiny pieces

1 roasted red bell pepper from jar, patted dry with papertowel prior to chopping into small pieces

Place 1/2 teaspoon of canola oil in nonstick pan, take a papertowel and spread the oil around (or you can use Pam spray, but I don't like using Pam spray on my non-stick pans). Heat over medium heat. Add the egg mixture to the pan, let set for about 45 - 60 seconds to set a little, then begin to make the omelet. Once almost cooked through, add the cheese and pepper. Fold over the sides, flip to finish cooking. Serve.

When I made this, I served myself 1/3 of the omelet and gave the other 2/3 to my hubby.

I also made some Banquet turkey sausage links. I had 2 and gave hubby 3 (3 is a serving size).

This makes a great breakfast!