Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OLIVE GARDEN under $20.00??

I took my wife out today for dinner for first time in 4 weeks( we used to go out 2-3 times a weeK) since I was banded on October 2nd. She had Pasta & salad and I had Soup. total bill was $19 and change...that was the first time in my life I ever did a dinner for two under $20. No two appetizers xtra bread two Desserts no 4 or 5 drinks..normally it would be about $60 or so.

I had a bowl of soup and the waiter brought me another one(its all you can eat soup) I made it thru about half way on 2nd bowl then I stopped= tank full. I am looking foward to the future when we(I) can OCCASIONALLY go for dinner and eat like "normal" people. was a big step and I wasn't sure I could be around all that food and not try it......I went in with the mindset of what I wanted, and wife told me not to even look at the menu...it worked I was perfectly sastified with the soup and it filled me up....

I experienced something similar today. I just got my first fill yesterday (3 cc's) and I am on liquids only for the next couple of days. I went out to lunch with a girlfriend at work today to the Japanese restaurant. Usually, a meal there costs me at least $20.00. My husband and I usually can eat for about $20.00, because we don't do appetizers and never get desserts. The main meal usually fills both of us up. Today? I only spent $1.35 for the Soup. Cool, huh? It was delicious, and I spent time talking and eating my soup slowly.

Big difference, huh?:Yawn:

Soup is my lifesaver when we go out too. I won't go to a restaurant that doesn't serve soup. It's filling and cheap too. I can stretch out a bowl of soup until hubby is finished.

Soup you can play with and make it last....I agree with you on that....my only problem is that My wife felt like she had to hurry up and eat.....I told her to chew slowly---25 chews per bite + and put your fork down between bites + make that olive last a half a hour.....LOL

When I go out with a friend, my "life-saver"--is to split the meal. I allow them to choose and then ask the server to bring an extra plate.

**This only works with unselfish friends**** lol

I went for Pizza/Italian the other night. I am on mushies, so my gameplan was stuffed shells, that I Un-stuffed. They were not low fat/skim, but I figured that was the best choice. I also ordered meat balls and had 1 that I mushed to death. I know I made the best choices, but would it have been better not to go at all? Still feel guilty. I have not had my first fill yet, Thursday is it!

My husband and I went to Golden Corral one day and he got upset that it was $15 for him and $0.76 for me!!!

Thanks MIMI!

I don't enjoy eating out as much as I used to since being banded! I do like ordering one meal...a to-go container and I eat three more of the same yummy meal the next few days!

I am newly banded and I have not experienced a meal out yet. We live in a small rural community and we have a Golden Corral where the kids love to eat. How do I explain to them that I can not eat anything but Soup or maybe later on some veggies ? Has anyone else experienced this ? I am sure that I will experience some weird looks from people, but I am curious as to how to tell them when the time comes.

Hi Every one,

Well i am 4 weeks Post op and i have gone out to eat 2 times. Both times it took me a while to find something on the menu. The 1st time i ordered meatballs at a highend place, which i only had 1 and left the Pasta alone...expensive meal ($17++) It took me over 1 hour to eat the large meatball...my friends were in shock. they were eating about 6 times as much. The second time i ordered grilled chicken and mash potatoes, i only had 1/3 of that. It took me a while to chew on the chicken:tongue: It is hard not to drink while sitting at a table, i love Water and i always feel the need to drink some.

Im getting my first fill in 2 weeks...a week before thanksgiving...and we r having it at my house.... any advise?? will i have to be on liquids that day? I really dont want to choke on a piece of turkey:eek:

Restaurant Card Bariatric Surgery

I have not done this yet ..... its a card you print out and have your Doctor sign it......

I have gone out to eat several times and have not had a problem. I have offered to show my card, but nobody really wants to see it. One place asked me for it before I offered!! I got cards from my surgeon and from the Lap Band manufacturer.

Shannonsonline- When I went to GC I told them about my surgery. They said I could either pay the Senior Citizens price or use a to go container and weigh it. I went through the line with my container and got what I wanted. They just weigh it and you pay per pound!! Super easy and no hassle!!