Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many pounds have you guys lost in your first 2 weeks after surgery

Yeah i was just wondering like i went to my doc.(surgeon doc) appointment yesterday... and funny thing is i had surgery on 10/08/2009 and had a docs appointment on 10/13/2009<for a checkup.. and i weighed the same amount as i did yesterday.. i was highly confused!!! but yeah

so how much did you guys loose your first 2 weeks... either way im happy... i just gonna start excerising more and now im able to go to the gym since everything is closed!...

The first couple months after surgery are for healing not weight loss. If you happen to lose weight during this time then you are lucky. Most people do not lose until they have some fill in their band and gain restriction.

Once people start the mushie stage of food they tend to gain weight so don't be alarmed it this happens to you.

I suggest you begin walking for an hour each day. Walking will be an excellent start to a daily exercise regimen that will help you with your recovery and jump start your weight loss.

Best of luck to you.

Donna

17 pounds

That was from the day of surgery to the 2 weeks of liquid diet afterwards.

Now, the problem.. I havent lost any since.:cursing: I havent gained since either though.:cursing:

> I was banded the 5th of August.~

> I have had 1 fill in the middle of sept. 4.5 cc's in an 11 cc band.~

two weeks post-op i lost 19lbs.then it stop the doctor told me . you are not going to lose anymore weight until i start my fills. an during my fourth fill i saw results.

I had the surgery on Oct 13..and including the 7 day pre liquid diet I have lost 18 pds...havent lost anything in the last 4-5 days..which is around when I started soft/moist foods....I have my first fill in 3 weeks so I am hoping that I start losing again..even a pound a week would be nice..hahaha

Amy!

Okay, it was a few months ago BUT I vividly remember gaining and losing the same 3 pounds several times in the first 4 weeks, which isn't all that uncommon. You're healing and shouldn't be expecting miracles on the scale. Remember, you're going from liquids to mushies to real food in this time and that changes the volume in your bowels from almost nothing to "normal"...and that weighs a bit. Once you get back to normal eating, you will start to see weight loss.

Hi, I had my surgery 9/18/09. I lost 8#the day before surgery(liquid diet) and 11# more after 2 weeks. Once I started pureed the weight loss stopped/Slowed.

thanks for the info!

Im coming up on 2 weeks...was banded 10/15..starting mushy food on 29th..still have no hunger..lost 19 lbs since banding plus 21 lbs before.:(

Glad to read this. I had no liquid pre-op diet, just 1 day before. I lost 20 lbs at the followup. Banded on 10/5. I dropped by doc's office last week and lost another 1.5 lbs. Was upset w/ that little loss. Getting my fill next Thursday, so maybe will see some loss after that.

Just FYI - at least what my own bariatric team has told me - a loss of 5lbs. per month is OUTSTANDING.

I know it sounds low/slow, but truly, this is what is recommended and realistic for those of us w/the band.

Slow & steady = sustained, long term, PERMANENTweight loss, less trauma to your body.

Good luck to all!!

I was banded on 10/22 and only had a 1 week liquid diet for my preop. Since then I have lost 17 lbs. But I think the shedding of pounds are starting to slowwwww down...

I lost 21lbs in the 3 week pre-op diet. Post-op I've lost zero. I'm not terribly concerned about it though as my body was pretty clear about being pissed about the 21lbs in 3 weeks.

I was down 15 pounds after 1 week and 20 after 2 and nothing more in the 3rd, in fact it rebounded a little but then levelled off and has been staying at 20. Frustrating in a way because I'm tracking my food and I've not broken 1000 calories in a day (which before would cause me massive weight loss). I sprained my knee 2 days before surgery and it's still healing (eveytime I think it's better and try to even do a healthy walk it hurts so bad the next day). I'm going to get an exersize bike this weekend to see if I can work on that and not hurt my knee... but yeah, it's super annoying (as I sit here trying to make it to lunch on just having a homemade smoothie with Greek yogurt, Protein Powder and peaches and feeling absolutely STARVED)

I went from 282 to 277 the 2 weeks before surgery (5) and then went from 277 to 266 (11) in the twoweeks after--

so 16... hoping for contiuned weight loss.. cant imagine i would not continue slow steady loss seeing as how im eating like 500 cals a day.... my first fill is nov 16.. i have a feeling that it isnt going to take much for me to feel restriction.