Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I lost 100lbs !!!! my goal is 180... but I am so proud of my self I feel great. I now weight 240ish ... My working out is accelerated and topnotch and feels fun and exciting and not a chore .. I working on toning areas I definitly see the droop of everything forming at my lower waist and pooch area...

I lost 100lbs !!!! my goal is 180... but I am so proud of my self I feel great. I now weight 240ish ... My working out is accelerated and topnotch and feels fun and exciting and not a chore .. I working on toning areas I definitly see the droop of everything forming at my lower waist and pooch area...

OMGOMGOMG!!! That's AH-MAY-ZING!!! :w00t::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: YAY YOU!!!!

REMARKABLE!!!! Congrats to you on all your hard work and dedication! You deserve it and MUCH MORE! :huh2:

How is everybody doing?

I have not checked back here in some time. I reached my goal weight in 9 months and 1 day (lost 150+ lbs) and now looking to set new goals.

Pete

Is anyone having any acid reflux problems? Mine started with my last fill. Sometimes it gets so bad at night, I'm up all night throwing up. The only way I can sleep those nights is sitting straight up in bed. And then the next day I'm super sore and can't eat much.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it's terrible when it happens.

As I look back at some of the previous posts, it sure looks like my weight loss has been much slower than others (congratulations to you all). I am at almost 50 lbs lost and feel very good about my weight loss. I just started exercising on a regular basis, so maybe this will boost my weight loss. I must say, I am very happy and excited about exercising. In the past, it was a chore and I hated it. Now, I look forward to it.

Everyone keep up the good work!

As I look back at some of the previous posts, it sure looks like my weight loss has been much slower than others (congratulations to you all). I am at almost 50 lbs lost and feel very good about my weight loss. I just started exercising on a regular basis, so maybe this will boost my weight loss. I must say, I am very happy and excited about exercising. In the past, it was a chore and I hated it. Now, I look forward to it.

Everyone keep up the good work!

Congrats--great attitude--its is a journey not a race:)

I have not been up here in so long. I guess to give an update I have lost 109lbs, 30 on the 6mth supervised visits, 20 on the pre-op and the rest after surgery. Had a flipped port problem, so set me back because no fill for a while until end of September (surgeon flipped manually instead of surgery). Go for 4th fill Nov. 1--hoping to get some restriction--none right now. Want to be 244 by 1 year bandiversary--I better get moving as I am at 274 now! Ugh.

Pre-band picture (I am on the left)

Two weeks ago:

post-279859-13813139645266_thumb.jpg

post-279859-13813139645565_thumb.jpg

JAN BANDERS!!! I have been woefully out of touch due to personal issues...very tough on that front...however I can happily report that I have lost 76.5 (must count the .5 lol) pounds since my surgery in January. I'm 23 pounds from goal. Some of you have lost a ton of weight -- much more than me -- I'm so impressed and wonder how the heck you did it?? I am really proud of what I've accomplished and am hoping to reach goal by my one year anniversary of surgery Jan. 12. Now that I'm relatively close to goal, and my exercise abilities are very limited due to RA, I'm expecting these last 23 pounds or so will come off slowly. We have all accomplished amazing things this year, and I am cheering all of you onward and upward. Well...downward. JEN HOW ARE YOU????

Finally reached my halp way point today! It's been a slow process, but I am very happy with my results so far. Just wanted to share! Good luck everyone!

Well the holidays are just about here...are you ready? Not sure I'm mentally prepared for not being able to gorge myself, but trying to stay focused on the REAL meaning of the holidays.

My paperwork just got submited last week so crossing fingers for a fast aproval and surgery on jan 13th want to start pre-op diet jan 3rd right after our christmas trip with the children to the wisconsin dells.

Hi all! Can you believe it's been almost a year since we've all been banded? Wow! I was banded on 1/20/10. My high weight was 197. I've lost 43 pounds to date, putting me at 154. I had a three-month stall (maybe you'd call it a weight-loss break) where I just played around with the same three pounds. I wasn't really trying to lose weight, but the miracle is that I did not gain. I've just gotten my 7th fill to put me at 7.5 ccs in my 10 cc band. I feel like I've got a band, finally!

One thing I decided to do, after much consternation, was to change my goal weight. I started at 197 and I gave myself an original goal of 117 (on the low end of the BMI normal range), so that I could have an even 80 pounds to look at - - easy mental math! But after that long stall, and seeing how I look and feel at 154, I think 117 would be way too low. Of course, I'll reevaluate when I get closer, but I'm giving myself a new goal of 132, which is at the high end of the BMI Normal range. I don't know that I could achieve that goal by my 1 year date, because it's taken me 10 months to get 43 pounds off. Surely I couldn't remove 22 pounds in the next two months! However, I actually have a band that's doing its job now! We shall see!

How have your goals changed as the year has progressed? How is your journey towards restriction going? I hope you all are well and healthy!

I was hoping to lose 75 lbs my first year. Not sure I'm going to make it, but I'm very happy with where I'm at so far. I started exercising the last couple of month and now the weight is finally moving again. So, who knows - maybe I can do it after all. Not going to stress about it either way. I know this is a life changing event and I'm good with that. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Anyone else have a slide in the wrong direction. I had about a 3-4 month plateau and about 15 pounds have crept back on. Just cant seem to motivate. I guess I've figured ways to defeat the band and I've lost my momentum.

Would love to hear from anyone else that experienced a set back. I'm trying to keep the depression at bay but with lots of personal family and work issues right now I'm finding it so difficult.

Thanks for listening and congrats to everyone for working so hard this year.

:)