Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hey everyone!! Today is my 6 Month Bandiversary! Time has gone super fast. I took my monthly pictures and just wanted to share. Purple shirt is the beginning of my supervised diet(287), the green is the night before surgery(226) and the gray tank is tonight(177).

Since the beginning of my 6 month supervised diet I've lost about 110 pounds. (68 of that since the start of my 2 week liquid diet)

I feel better than I ever have before! I can run (if it weren't so damn hot!) and bike for longer than I ever imagined... I went to the amusement park with my cousin last week and comfortably fit in the rides, I can walk for hours without my feet and back killing me, I can even be outside in the heat without instantaneously sweating! My husband and I have taken up canoeing and fishing. (with my back pain outdoor activities were practically impossible) I love band life! It has definitely been the best decision I have ever made. It's definitely not easy - but it's worth the hard work to get my life back!

This has been a great place to come and get support and read up on everyone's successes and hardships. Having people that truly understand what you are going through is a lifesaver. Thank you everyone for taking the time out of your busy lives to share your experiences - it makes a huge difference to us all! :scared2:

post-227884-13813139475373_thumb.jpg

post-227884-13813139475832_thumb.jpg

post-227884-1381313947622_thumb.jpg

post-227884-13813139476575_thumb.jpg

post-227884-13813139476944_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone!! Today is my 6 Month Bandiversary! Time has gone super fast. I took my monthly pictures and just wanted to share. Purple shirt is the beginning of my supervised diet(287), the green is the night before surgery(226) and the gray tank is tonight(177).

Since the beginning of my 6 month supervised diet I've lost about 110 pounds. (68 of that since the start of my 2 week liquid diet)

I feel better than I ever have before! I can run (if it weren't so damn hot!) and bike for longer than I ever imagined... I went to the amusement park with my cousin last week and comfortably fit in the rides, I can walk for hours without my feet and back killing me, I can even be outside in the heat without instantaneously sweating! My husband and I have taken up canoeing and fishing. (with my back pain outdoor activities were practically impossible) I love band life! It has definitely been the best decision I have ever made. It's definitely not easy - but it's worth the hard work to get my life back!

This has been a great place to come and get support and read up on everyone's successes and hardships. Having people that truly understand what you are going through is a lifesaver. Thank you everyone for taking the time out of your busy lives to share your experiences - it makes a huge difference to us all! :scared2:

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!! I can't wait to have that dramatic of a before and after....soon baby.. soon.....

I am happy with my progress but I want to be ECSTATIC like you:):)

post-274028-13813139477176_thumb.jpg

post-274028-13813139477611_thumb.jpg

Howdy Sistuh Jan Bands...Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been going through such a tough time emotionally -- ever since my husband of twenty years left me -- I had no clue it was coming. Wisconsin Jen has been a wonderful and supportive friend through this. I wish I could say it was getting easier, but it isn't. He's also my writing partner, so trying to keep writing with the man who left me is painful. And yet we write so well together... MOVING ON. I am proud of how strong I have been with my getting-healthier-weight-loss journey...though I think in some ways not stuffing feelings with food, or comforting myself with food, makes my sadness that much tougher to deal with.

I have now lost...63 LBS, which means I'm 35 lbs from goal. Since my doc did not put my on a pre-op diet, I've lost 63 lbs in just over six months. Quite an accomplishment. Quite a journey. And so it goes... Sending support and hugs out to all of you...

BACK UP!!! Cherie...you're husband left you? Have you told us this before, or is this the first we're hearing of it, sorry if I missed that. He left after you had the band? What a d*&k! Sorry...I take husbands walking out just a wee bit personal. Mine left a few years ago when I was 8 months pregnant with our son. We were only married for a year, and my heart still hurts over it...I can not FATHOM the hurt that 20 years would bring.

I'm SO sorry!!! BIG HUGS!!!

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. Actually this is the first one I have ever joined but I need help. I had my surgery at the end of January and I am only 29 lbs down. I know I am doing things wrong but I just don't know what to do. I finally figured out Breakfast (oatmeal, hard-boiled egg) but other than that I am not sre how to eat. I tried eating meat but even after 3 or 4 mins it still restrictive and it takes me 30 mins to eat 5 or 6 bites. I've tried shrimp w/noodles and I was throwing up in the restroom. It gets to the point that I have my husband get me a shake because at least that stays down. But it's so bad for you and that's not why I got the band. It's frustrating knowing the I can eat baked good better than I can Protein and veggies. I am at a loss. I've starting walking 3 days a week and have joined a gym but any help or information is appreciated. I am sick of the pains in the chest, the sliming, the BP's while I eat. I can't figure out if I am too filled but I can eat fine and plenty at night. I wish I would have found this website 6 months ago but oh well. I have 100 lbs left to use and I am ready to lose it.

Congratulations to everyone on here. It's great to read how well people are doing and how helpful everyone is. Thank!

Hello.. Today is 8 months. I am down 76 lbs, I am 271, was 347 : ) feeling great. I see the changes. Boobs, face, flabby sags. The shirt and bra sizes are getting smaller. I am tall and carried my weight in my stomach, pooch, and very large love handles. I feel like my pants/ waist line, hasn't changed much. I feel like the skin is dropping down and making me look bigger than I was in some areas.. I definitly feel the comfort in my pants there not skin tight, or gutt renching squezzing. I think I'm getting pickier now about my appearance. Anyone else having any feeling like this? I don't want to loose sight of my goal and want to keep my self focused I think Im hard on my self to keep my goal in check.

It's been 7 months since my LAP-BAND surgery. And I must say - what a journey it has been!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHOA, I'VE LOST WEIGHT!

Since I started my pre-op diet a few weeks before surgery, I have now lost a total of 111 lbs.! I'm really proud of myself that I have achieved this milestone.

Take note, my weight loss has slowed down dramatically within the past few months. I've been losing 25-30 lbs monthly during the first 3 months, but it slowed down to 10 lbs or even 5 lbs a month after that. There were weeks that I wasn't losing any weight at all. But I noticed that I've been losing inches instead. From a size 60inch waist, I'm now down to 48 inches. A few more inches, and I can now buy pants at Target or Wal-Mart!

"DO YOU FEEL LIGHTER?" - OH YES I DO!!

Aside from "How many pounds have you lost?", that's the most common question I get each day. And I must say that I do feel lighter. I can walk longer distances now. No more knee or hip pains. I even joined my family in a trip to Hong Kong, where all we did was walk! I was surprised that I was able to last 3 whole days of walking without feeling sore.

MY OLD CLOTHES DON'T FIT ANYMORE......WOOHOO!

This was one of my favorite parts of my journey so far.....clothes! Because this is where I really see that I'm getting smaller each day. Like what I said before, I started with a 60 inch waist, wearing 6XL shirts. I'm now down to a size 48 inch waist, and I now wear 3XL shirts.

I'm glad I can have my old clothes altered here in Manila for a cheap price (Alteration of pants cost only P100 each -- equivalent to $2 USD!!) Even our family tailor got surprised! He's been our family tailor since forever, and he has all the numbers to prove that I'm shrinking.

Since I still can have my clothes altered, I resist the temptation to buy new ones. There's no point in buying new clothes that I wont be able to wear anymore in 2-3 months.

OK, I lied. I bought one shirt a month ago, just so I can say I was able to buy a shirt in a "regular" store. And man, it felt good!

EVERYTHING FITS!

- I can now ride the plane without an extension seatbelt.

- I can now fit in chairs with sides/armrests.

- I can now comfortably watch a movie or a show in the theater.

- I can now fit in the car seat and drive comfortably.

- I can now go ride roller coasters and scream to my heart's content.

IT'S NOT ALL ROSES FOR ME

With all the achievements I have made the past few months, there were down moments as well.

- I had an emergency appendectomy two months ago.

- After 3 adjustments, I get "stuck" more than ever. It's still my fault though......I eat too fast, especially when I drive. No P.B. episodes yet, that I'm thankful for.

- I get tummy aches once in a while, mostly gas pains. (Nothing that GAS-X can't cure.)

- My weight loss has slowed down dramatically. I guess I'm in a plateau stage. I'm still losing inches though.

-----------------

The past 7 months have been great, and I'm looking forward to where my Lap-band Journey will bring me next.

KIKO-BeforeAfter-WithoutShirt-frontandsidecopyCustom.jpg

Edited by KIKOman

Hello everyone, ive had my band for 8 months now and have lost 56 lbs. I have 20 more to go to reach my goal. im happy to say that today i bought my first size 10 shorts!!!!! wooopwoo!! keep up the good work everyone!!!!

Well, I haven't lost since May, so I figured it was time to add the most crucial part to this equation...exercise. I joined Curves on Saturday. Time is a huge issue for me, so if I can get a workout...a GOOD workout...in 30 minutes, sign me up! Hopefully this is just what I need to bust through my plateau.

I am a January bandster - Jan 7 to be exact. My starting weight was 307 and I am now at 248. I am having some issues since this last fill though- chest and shoulder pain again like right after the surgery - does this mean I am too tight? I think it might as I am having a really hard time keeping food down right now - I have a follow up visit on 9/9 so I will talk to my surgeon. The trial and error of the fills is frustrating but hopefully soon I will find my "sweet spot" and not have to go every month - am I the only one still going each month 8 months in?

Glad to see that everyone is doing so well though! I started at a size 28 and just fit into an 18 today! WOOHOO! Huge step but still a very long way to go!

Keep up the great work January 2010 Bandsters! :cursing:

I am happy to say another few pounds today....:smile::) I haven't taken off nearly as fast I wanted to... but slow but sure is fine... I am feeling great.. .and as long as that scale goes down one ounce at a time.. I am fine....

The great news is that I don't feel like I have been deprived once... so that is the blessing.... If I 'diet' persay.. I think more will come off.. I might give a good month of "diet" just to jumpstart again.. but I like this lifelong change better than a temporary diet....

Thoughts anyone?

I was banded in january and have only lost 10 pounds with 40 left to go. I do well during the day but have trouble at night. I don't have much restriction at night and because I work late I tend to eat late which I know is not good. Does anyone have a similar challenge and any helpful suggestions to offer????

I was banded in January also and haven't lost a lb in over two months. It's very frustrating, especially when my friend had gastric bypass the same day and has lost 94 lbs. However, I am much healthier and haven't lost much muscle so I have to remind myself that over time I am better off. Still, a half pound would be nice! I had my third fill 10 days ago and still haven't lost anything even though I am eating less. Crazy! I'm hoping now that the weather is cooler things will pick up again.

I was banded in january and have only lost 10 pounds with 40 left to go. I do well during the day but have trouble at night. I don't have much restriction at night and because I work late I tend to eat late which I know is not good. Does anyone have a similar challenge and any helpful suggestions to offer????

I have the same problem with night eating. When the kids are in bed, and there's no one there to see me eat, I think that it doesn't count. Silly, huh? I also have a major problem with eating when I'm not hungry. I have some serious mental issues with food, issues I didn't even knew existed until after this surgery.

I'm going for another fill tomorrow. I too haven't lost any weight in a few months. Hoping this fill willl jump start more weight loss.

Howdy Sistuh Jan Bands...Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been going through such a tough time emotionally -- ever since my husband of twenty years left me -- I had no clue it was coming. Wisconsin Jen has been a wonderful and supportive friend through this. I wish I could say it was getting easier, but it isn't. He's also my writing partner, so trying to keep writing with the man who left me is painful. And yet we write so well together... MOVING ON. I am proud of how strong I have been with my getting-healthier-weight-loss journey...though I think in some ways not stuffing feelings with food, or comforting myself with food, makes my sadness that much tougher to deal with.

I have now lost...63 LBS, which means I'm 35 lbs from goal. Since my doc did not put my on a pre-op diet, I've lost 63 lbs in just over six months. Quite an accomplishment. Quite a journey. And so it goes... Sending support and hugs out to all of you...

Cherie...

I am soooooo happy for you...focus on the positive... the toughest thing sometimes is that we are "hoping" that with this positive change that we have made that EVERYTHING in our life will be peaches and cream.. yeah.. not so much:cursing:

The key here is to deal with those spicy moments a bit different than we used to and I think we are allll doing it pretty well... and we should be wicked proud of that....

I feel for you so much, it has just not been as smooth as you would have hoped.. but how do we work with that... my only answer would be... one step at a time... one day at a time... one tragedy at a time...

It isn't the "action" that makes the person its the "reaction"....just keep resolving to do well each day and one day it will actually happen... Hang in there Cherie.. you know I am rooting fo you....

As far as myself ladies:):) I have been a slow but sure loser... yes I am happy to be a loser:):D

I am just a pound or two from the halfway mark and my life has had a great change... I am thinner, happier, more energy, smaller clothes and more esteem...of course I wish it all came off overnight but just not seeing that happen:):) My initial goal was 60 pounds in a year... and I think I am going to do it...I am making my lifelong changes rather than making this a diet...

I still feel my port every time I lay on my left side and that reminds me to lay on my right side:):thumbup: I get stuff stuck and realize.. hey.. I can't eat that... I love seeing what fits in my closet now and I love giving stuff away to good will.. although I must admit that I am scared to.. I feel like I will need it again and then realize, that this band is in me forever...

My steroids have gone down thank goodness and activity up...

One great piece of news.. this Nov my book with Dr. Stephen Covey comes out (he wrote the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) and then I just signed a contract last week to write a book with Dan Planchard (The One Minute Manager).. so that is a great turn, especially since I teach business all the time at the local colleges....

I love it when someone says I look good.. or when I catch myself in the mirror an am smiling.. of course there are also those glances that make me remember that I do have a ways to go too but those are fewer and far between...

Howz everyone doing?

Jen