Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I am scheduled for January 15th and I cant wait!!

HI and good luck.

I have finished all my "steps" and I am waiting for insurance to ok. I hope to have surgery in January. I am excited, but once in a while I get this wave of - "do you really want to do this" I want to lose 75 lbs and keep it off. I have been losing and gaining back + some for the last 10 years and now it is to the point that I see diet is not the long term solution.

What day is your surgery?

I feel the same way you do. One day I want to the next I begin to doubt. I should have my surgery in January. My info has been sent to BCBS

I will have surgery on Jan 5th. I am so scared! I would like to share and hear everyone's story after the surgery. Wish me good luck!

I am a January 2010 Bander myself. My date is 1-26-10, so excited. I have been doing so much research lately.:biggrin:

I am scheduled on January 6th; I am on day 6 of my pre-op liquid plan. Christmas Day was a close call, but I made it through.

I, too, am getting nervous, it's to be expected. This will all be so worth it in the end.

I am scheduled for 1/4 .... started my pre-op diet when I got scheduled - last Weds. The pre-op diet is OK - they told me to have 3 Meal Replacements (shake or Protein bar) and one meal .... those replacements are more filling then I would have imagined.

I am nervous and excited .... I'm almost 47 years old, and always been big ..... it will be a great change for me, but so very different, too .... makes it scary ....

What are people telling others ? I don't want to tell the whole world I"m doing this ... only close friends who understand ..... but I feel like there are some people I need to say something to - like parents of my kids friends - and I'm not sure what to say ..... what are others doing ?

Just talked with my surgeon's asst. . . I have a JANUARY 12 surgery date at Emory in Atlanta :biggrin: and I cannot begin to say how excited, nervous, scared, and anxious I am. The doctor requires a 7-day liquid diet (Slimfast), but I'm going to start today to get a jump. My support group is limited, so I'll be relying on this site and all of you a lot. So far, all your postings have informed and comforted me. Thanks! :smile:

We have the same surgery date! Mine is being done in San Jose, CA. I share all the emotions you listed. At this particular moment, anxious is winning out. I have the additional complication of having rheumatoid arthritis, for which I take immunosuppresants, which is relevant in that with a compromised immune system it's easier for me to get an infection. However I am determined to do this. Let's be same-day band, buddies. You up for it?:lol:

Good morning! I'm having my lap band surgery on January 14, 2010! I am SO excited. I go to the doctor and hospital tomorrow for pre-op appointment!

I am really getting nervous about my endoscopy on the 7th, I am not sure why I have to have this done but if that is what I have to do to get this surgery so be it I will do anything. I have decided to start today with the excercise and eating right. Everyone let's stick together.

Good morning! I'm having my LAP-BAND® surgery on January 14, 2010! I am SO excited. I go to the doctor and hospital tomorrow for pre-op appointment!

Same date here--very anxious too:biggrin: I had my pre-op yesterday and meet just with dietician on tomorrow to go over pre-op diet (starts Thursday) and post-op. Let's stay in touch.

We have the same surgery date! Mine is being done in San Jose, CA. I share all the emotions you listed. At this particular moment, anxious is winning out. I have the additional complication of having rheumatoid arthritis, for which I take immunosuppresants, which is relevant in that with a compromised immune system it's easier for me to get an infection. However I am determined to do this. Let's be same-day band, buddies. You up for it?:biggrin:

CherieLynne, absolutely . . . sounds like a great idea to have a "same day" bandbuddy! We all need support, and this site is my primary source right now. My sister is totally against the surgery, and some of my friends are being supportive (after they all told me that it's not a good idea)! Anyhow . . .

Sorry to hear that you're coping with arthritis and hope you stay infection free. What kind of pre-op diet are you doing? My doctor says 7 days of Slimfast meals, but with the recall and if I can't find it, I'll need to switch to something else. Any ideas?

Will look for your postings! Glad to have a band buddy!!! :smile:

I am really getting nervous about my endoscopy on the 7th, I am not sure why I have to have this done but if that is what I have to do to get this surgery so be it I will do anything. I have decided to start today with the excercise and eating right. Everyone let's stick together.

For me, the endoscopy was an easy breeze!!! Just showed up, got all settled with an IV, was out like a light, and then I woke up---procedure over, a little sleepy, no sore throat . . . nothing bad . . . stopped by Breakfast on the way home! Hoping you'll have the same experience.....be brave! And yes, definitely, let's all stick together . . . wishing you the best! :biggrin:

Hello, had my surgery yesterday. A bit sorer today than I was yesterday. Doing well though however don't feel like drinking or eating anything today. Should get some liquid down me.