Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone pissed off??

No offense, but what hell kind of place did u go to? I have never heard of any place treating a patient like this. Never was anyone I know of told that it could take up to a year for restriction or go to Weight watchers. Find a different place. Sounds to me like theya re takaing ur money for very small fills to keep you going back for more. You should stay in the office for a fill until you get enough od that fill. Try to gulp a cup of Water afterwards and see if u can keep it down. If ur gulping and Water doesnt come back up, YOU AINT FILLED ENOUGH!!!!! HAVE THEM PUT MORE IN. IN THE MEANTIME, FIND ANOTHER PLACE !!!!

LOL...I went to the largest lap band clinic in the country....the one that has one national awards......the one that considers themselves the "pioneers" in lap band treatment....True Results. This is not a one doctor clinic that just dabble in lap band. There are 8 docs, probably 60 staff, a gorgeous office/surgical suite. They SUCK! If I was losing weight at the rate of 2 pounds per day, I would still say that they suck. I can list 10 things that I was told that was later retracted as "well, are you sure WE told you that?"

I told my surgeon, whom I have seen once, that he needs me to fix his mess. He laughed. I didn't. I told him that he needed a comprehensive notebook that he handed, personally, to each patient when they decided on the surgery. There would be a tab for making the decision, pre-op, surgery day, 1 day post op, 2 days post op, FAQ, sample diets, good food lists, bad food lists, common problems, etc. It would be tailored to them with their own stats. When I ended up in the ER after 3 days of calling the clinic, I could have referred to my notebook the first day that would tell me what to do if I got nauseous when I swallowed saliva. It is ridiculous. I worked in the healthcare industry for 15 years before having my daughter. I seriously think I am going to pull some strings and find a new doctor to take over my care. Then I will FIRE this very fine, award winning, pioneering clinic.

I think we all need a reality check.

Look....nothing about the band stops you from feeling Hungy!!! Hunger is going to happen..... It just helps you to feel satisfied sooner...PERIOD.

It's like a big rubber band around the outside of your stomach. If you eat solid food (without drinking) you will notice you have the "sensation" of being full sooner than you did before you had that big, expensive rubber-band. You are not actually full - but you "feel" full....so you stop eating.

Here is the trick.....eat slow....eat small...don't drink ...that's it. If you follow these 3 simple rules, you will eat less and eventually, you will lose weight.

Fills are critical - but even without a fill - if you follow the three simple steps - you will notice a difference in the amount you eat.

I found that the meaning of full is different after banding. I had trouble in the beginning identifying it until it was too late. If newbies are expecting the same feeling as before banding, they will be as confused as I was. I identify it now by noticing that the food no longer is enjoying to eat either taste or texture. When that happens, I stop. Those times when I have accidentally overfilled, I am satisfied for less time. Hope this helps someone!!!

I understand what you all are going through..I started starving! And at just a week and 5 days out my Dr. gave me a 4cc fill and I have been much much better. Even the nurse was like wow, you talked him into giving you a fill, and I was like all I did was just ask! So, just ask, and if you aren't in pain, and able to eat anything maybe they will fill you?! It will get better for you, I promise!

LOL...I went to the largest LAP-BAND® clinic in the country....the one that has one national awards......the one that considers themselves the "pioneers" in LAP-BAND® treatment....True Results. This is not a one doctor clinic that just dabble in LAP-BAND®. There are 8 docs, probably 60 staff, a gorgeous office/surgical suite. They SUCK! If I was losing weight at the rate of 2 pounds per day, I would still say that they suck. I can list 10 things that I was told that was later retracted as "well, are you sure WE told you that?"

I told my surgeon, whom I have seen once, that he needs me to fix his mess. He laughed. I didn't. I told him that he needed a comprehensive notebook that he handed, personally, to each patient when they decided on the surgery. There would be a tab for making the decision, pre-op, surgery day, 1 day post op, 2 days post op, FAQ, sample diets, good food lists, bad food lists, common problems, etc. It would be tailored to them with their own stats. When I ended up in the ER after 3 days of calling the clinic, I could have referred to my notebook the first day that would tell me what to do if I got nauseous when I swallowed saliva. It is ridiculous. I worked in the healthcare industry for 15 years before having my daughter. I seriously think I am going to pull some strings and find a new doctor to take over my care. Then I will FIRE this very fine, award winning, pioneering clinic.

OMG, I went to True Results in Atlanta. Dr. Chris Hart. Sounds like it's still a matter of it coming down to the doctor! What True Results does is open a clinic and affiliate with an existing bariatric surgeon. So from one True Results office to another is just like from any one doctor to another. On my first visit, I was given a comprehensive book, dietary reference sheets, information on fills, and a ton of other stuff. It took me a week of evenings to read it all!

I've said on here so many times that this or that varies from doctor to doctor but True Results (or the Realize centers, or other multi-location clinics) should standardize.

Dr. Hart has an affiliate doctor who is not a surgeon that I usually see when I go in for fills. He's always in the office, while Dr. Hart obviously has a surgical schedule to keep.

Tonight, when I go to bed, I will count my blessings for getting the standard of excellent care that I've received.

Yes, pissed, angry, mad, disappointed, you name it I am!!!!!

I had surgery April 22, 2009.........lost 30 pound in the first few weeks (post surgery, etc) Have not lost a pound in 2 or more months...........probably gained don't get on scale anymore.

I got this to help, yes I know it was a helper, but has it helped..noooooooooooooooo!

I am still dieting, exercising, and hungry!

I exercise 5 days a week 30 minutes on stairstepper.......10 minutes weighs.

I have had 2 fills.............had to be unfilled then filled again.

My next fill is next Friday..I pray it will work a little. I have not restriction at all can eat everything and a lot of it:cursing:

I know everyone saids you lost 30 pound, but damn I have done 20 times in the last 10 years by dieting, and then get tryed of dieting and gain it back, just like now.

I need to lost 70, will it happen who knows, but until then I am pissed off.

Boy you guys are preaching to the choir. I am pissed off too. I was reading one post where it was suggested to go on weight watchers and I feel the same way. What the hell did I get this for if I can just go on weight watchers. Well I know why, I did ww off and on for years and did not keep the weight loss going lol. Anyway, I was banded on 9-29 and am starving and pissed like the rest of you. I just keep telling myself this will get better.

Yes, I have been told to go to WW and Jenny Craig......it will help you with portion control....why in the hell do you think I got the surgery. I wanted to snack the nurse!!!!!:thumbup:

Also my doctors (who I never see just PA) just fill every 2 months...........I am going on cruise in Feb, that has been planned for a long time with 10 other couples, I want to wear a bathing suit at this rate very doubtful!

Oh well........oh yea did WW and JC lost 30 pounds then gained back.:biggrin:

starting week 4 and i lost 8 lbs in week1 none since

Hunger hasn't been my problem because I'm still eating. I'm not eating well - so I admire your ability to eat less - but I'm eating.

I'm pissed off because if I had known the answer was eat less and eat better - what would have been the point of the surgery?

Man, I am feeling really, really lucky! Sure I have had the pain and been in bandster hell with hunger,but I have an excellent surgeon, support group,diatician, etc. My surgeon is the only one who gives me my fills and is patient and understanding. The first fill he put in 2cc's,

the next time I found out why you have to do fills in different amounts for different people!. He put in 2cc's more to bring me up to 4 cc's. Then I took a few sips of Water and the pain hit me in the middle of the chest! It was so bad that it started to affect my breathing. The surgeon then removed 1cc. That was such a relief.

He told me to come back in a week. Well, the week went by and I was eating anything I wanted! Today was a week from that fill, so I went back to see him again. He told me that he was going to only put in 1cc to see how I would react to it. It went in and I sipped the Water. Didn't hurt like last week, but just sat there in the middle of my chest and sorta gurgled. Really uncomfortable, but painless.

I took some more tiny sips and the nurses (2 of them) thought that perhaps the dr. should remove a half a cc. I didn't want to lose any of the fill, but also did not want to be too tight. Luckily my dr. is a very calm and patient individual. He calmed me down by just explaining what was happening,and why. He asked me to stay at the clinic for about a half hour. Just walk around and see how I felt. If I did feel like I needed a slight unfill he would do it, but just relax for a while and see if I didn't feel better. He totally understood that I was really nervous after the episode last week and was very sympathetic.

Long way around to say that I wish everyone had the same excellent care that I am receiving...from pre surgery clear through the fills. Not to say that this is easy, but with the right medical team helping you out, it makes it a lot better!

We all deserve the very best of care and the right to have everything explained to us before we experience it first hand!!

Keep searching until you find a facility where you can receive that level of care!!

I feel so bad for you. I have been banded for 11 days and I drink Water, my muscle milk 3x a day and have Cereal in the morning. I can honestly say that I am not starving to death. I am not even hungry. Its the weirdest thing. I hope it gets better for you. Diana D.

Shmoopy,

How much Protein are you talking about? Are you mostly eating protein or drinking it? :)

Boy, you people are pissed!! Am I right? Scary!! :)

Shmoopy,

How much Protein are you talking about? Are you mostly eating Protein or drinking it? :)

Drinking it during the liquid stage and eating it during the soft and after stage. As much as you can get down.

Drinking it during the liquid stage and eating it during the soft and after stage. As much as you can get down.

I had no problem during the liquid stage. Maybe not enough Protein is my problem. I've been afraid to have too much. I was drinking the muscle milk light once a day and of course having the Protein from foods. I'll try increasing the protein a little. Thanks.