Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cc's on first fill

I am going for my first fill tomorrow. I am wondering how many cc's is common for a first fill?

If I remember right, I got 4.5cc. That's probably on the upper side for a first fill, but it wasn't too much for me. It took me several more fills to reach a good level of restriction.

Edited by kiz

from reading on here it sounds like it varies a lot. I just had my first fill yesterday and my doctor put in 4cc's. It was done in xray. The barium drink was less than tasty but it was kind of neat to watch it go thru the band. My next fill is in two weeks and then it will be a month from then until the 3rd fill.

I've felt no restriction from this first fill but i didn't really expect i would. I'm anxious for the restriction as i know i'm eating more than i should and some days my self control is non existent. I know i'm eating less than before surgery but right now it's just me and my will power.

Thanks for the response. My Doc I hear just does 1cc on first fill and I want to ask for more. Especially since first fill free and costs thereafter. I am glad to hear no real problems with larger first fills. Will talk with him today.:thumbdown:

I had my first fill last week 9/15, 5ml in a 14ml band. Everything seems fine, I go back for my second fill the second week of November. I guess I'll eat a lot less turkey for Thanksgiving as result :thumbdown:

I got 5cc on my first fill....I just got my second fill yesterday which added an additional 2cc. So I am now at 7 cc in an 11 cc band.

I got 3 ccs for my first fill which is the only one I've had so far. No restriction so I'm looking forward to my next fill which cannot be scheduled for another six weeks.

I had my first fill yesterday and got 4cc's in my Realize Band.

I am going for my first fill tomorrow. I am wondering how many cc's is common for a first fill?

Every surgeon is different, some put some Fluid in when they do the surgery, some do not...mine does not... and mine is a bit more conservative in his fills... I had 2 CC's in my first fill and I had a little restriction. I have the AP Standard band, which is 10CC's. My second fill was 1CC but I made the mistake of trying sushi the day after my fill, BIG MISTAKE for me..LOL I must have had some rice or something stuck so I went in and he took out a 1/2 CC, and I had hardly any restriction.. LOL so now I had only 2.5CC... I went on Sept 9th for my 3rd fill, 1 CC for a total now of 3.5 CC and I have great restriction for now...... so everyone is also different in how they react to the fill and how much restriction they will feel... good luck!!

....x2 fill 4cc each.... im having another next week.. :scared2:

I have the new Realize band which is a 10 cc band. I had 5 cc's added during my first fill a week and a half ago.

My first fill I receive 2 cc.

I just had my first fill yesterday - I got 4 ccs in a Standard (10 cc) Lap Band AP. I can't tell much difference yet...hope this helps! Next fill is in 4 weeks.

My first fill was 3cc's. Now after 4 fills, I am at a total of 5.5cc's in my 10cc band