Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Out There?!?

I am in Louisville, Ky. I went to Caritas medical center in louisville. The are the best. Dr. Lusco is my dr, and he is great. He is cute, funny, and has a great bedside manner.

Dr. Lusco did ours also and yes he is wonderful!:clap2:

Congrats and I am envious. Waiting, waiting, waiting on approval. How long were you off from work and was recovery hard. One day it WILL be me!!

PJ

Helloooo People!!

Its been a while!!!!

I'm from Henderson, Ky, but when I was in Jr. high and 9th grade I lived in

Hopkinsville. My brother in law came from there. His name is E.G. Gilford.

He was married to Norma McCord and their daugher still lives there. Her maiden name was Angela Gilford. I've been hoping to find an old school friend. her name was Donna Mart. I've looked at classmates.com but she's not on there. If you know her I'd love to hear from her. My maiden name was Littrell, graduated in 1977 here in Henderson.

Anyway, I've got an appointment on the 5th of Feb. to do the Physco (lol) test. They said it would take around 4 or more hours. so I don't know what all they do. Surely thats not the time it takes to see if I'm crazy or not. I can answer that is 2 secs. yes I am.. hahaha.

Hope to hear from ya'll and possibly make some good friends on line.

Lydia:straight

Welcome.

I bet Dr. Aggotte did yours. My daughter works at Lourdes and I live just 20 min. from there. Sounds like things are going great for you. Keep up the good work. I'm going for my 4th fill next week. Welcome.

:) hello

my name is lisa and i live in london ky and i will be going to louisville tomorrow and i hope i get dr lusco. i also have anthem bcbs and they do not pay for the lapband either. so i guess i will be self pay to:omg: , i have been overweight all my life and have tried every diet out there.. i have no will power at all and i am also a emotional eater.. i am 5'9 and weigh 258..

i will let you know how it goes for me after my visit tomorrow 2/19/07

see ya

lisa:nervous

Lisa

Good luck on your visit tomorrow. Let us know what happens because we are all praying for you.

PJ

Hi, My name is Audrey and I am from Olive Hill, I am just now starting the journey that will change my life for the good. I have my first appt. with Dr. Wheeler on April 9th. I am looking forward to it. I hope that it dont take long, but well see, by the way, I am new to this site and this is my first post , so hello to everybody........

Hello out there. I have done some reading on this website, and just tonight saw this strand for folks from Kentucky. I would love to hear from some of you "old timers" who have been posting on here for a while....What is happening now? What is going on for all of you, AFTER the initial blush/honeymoon with the surgery?

I had Humana insurance through my company and then my husband changed jobs and we had the opportunity to switch to Anthem. Before we would do the switch, I read everything from their policy's handbook to discover if they would indeed cover this surgery - our company's Humana policy would not cover any weight loss surgery - and yes, Anthem would cover it with limitations. SO, we switched to Anthem in September.

I went to the seminar at St. Marys back in October, began getting all my paperwork together, did the psych eval, visited a nutritionist ('cause they said at the seminar I may have to do a 6 month dr. supervised diet), etc. Then Lana (those gals are GREAT at St. Marys!) called me and said the insurance said "no, insurance would NOT pay for it 'cause I was over BMI"....I was 62%. I was so upset and cried...building up for this emotionally, etc. The insurance policy said nothing about a cap on the BMI...it only said you had to be OVER 42%. When they got back with Lana (and the letter they sent me), they said I could not be over 49%. What a wierd and small window of opportunity! BUT, Lana (or Debbie?) asked if I would like for ObesityLaw.com to review my case and see if this group of lawyers would take my case to do all the appeals work. Yes, I said....I knew I could not afford a lawyer. Finally, the appeals all ran out and my case went to "independent review," which meant whatever these independent reviewers decided, I and the insurance company would have to go with their decision. The review came back in my favor the middle of March!!!! I have been so excited ever since. Now, back to November....I began working on losing some weight and have lost 40 pounds so far, so that got my BMI down to 57%.

So, Dr. Lusco is to do my surgery on May 16 this year....could have booked it sooner, but with my job, I travel a lot and did not want to be on the road/in the air during those first few weeks. I am excited, hopeful, nervous, and prayful!

I would love to hear from more of you locally. I live here in Louisville.

KYsunshine

Hello! I am scheduled for surgery June 27th at Sts Mary & Elizabeth Hospital in Louisville Ky. Dr. Olsofka is my surgeon. I'm wanting to know if anyone else out there had surgery at Sts Mary & Eliabeth and what their experience was like. I am getting anxious. ;) I am spending hours reading everything on these forums to find out as much as possible. Thank you.

Hi Sunshine, I live in Campbellsville, about 85-90 miles away. I had my surgery at Nortons March 29th, 2007. I have lost 21 lbs so far and have reached a plateau or something. I had my 1st fill on May 11 but nothing happening from that yet. I'm going back Friday for a re-check from my Dr. Tanner.

It's good to see a fellow Kentuckian!

Jen "Happy to be on the BAND WAGON"!

Hi, Snoopy...I am having my surgery tomorrow at Sts. Mary and Elizabeth with Dr. Lusco...have to be there @9:00 and the surgery is scheuled for 11:30 AM. Do you know about the pre-surgical diet? I am finishing it tonight...lots of liquids, Calcium foods and some raw fruits and veggies. It has been easier than I would have thought. Good luck, and let me know if I can answer any ??? after tomorrow.

:DI am so excited for you!. Thanks for the private message. I tried replying to that but I must have done something wrong because it wouldn't go through. I have tons of questions for you. I don't want to overwhelm you. You let me know when you are up to the task.

I am so excited that you are going to be in bandland. This forum has been so helpful. I have been posting a lot on the June Bandster forum. They have been very supportive. Looking forward to hearing about your success.

Soon to be banded!

Snoopy

Has anyone used Dr. Geller or Dr. Allen?: I understand that they are in teh Humana network. I am in the fifth month of the dieting, and I am really getting anxious to get the show on the road, so to speak.

Has anyone used the caritas group with humana insurance? who is the cheapest when you have humana? I am starting with The Caritas group but heard my insurance may cover someone else better. I love the Caritas group so far though!