Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Out There?!?

I am going to be a private pay. I guess that means things will move along a little faster than having to wait for insurance. It sucks, but I'll live with it. So have you had any tests yet? Are you just waiting on insurance right now? Or do you have everything to do still? You might have mentioned that before, but I'm too tired tonight to check. I know, I'm lazy. I only worked 14 hours today, so i'm ready for bed. So I'll chat with you later. Good luck to you.

Mysherrijo,

4 DAYS OF SHOPPING IN NASHVILLE!!! Sign me up!! I'm waiting, waiting, waiting on insurance to tell me something as to if they are going to approve the surgery. I was denied about 8 months ago because I had not had the 6 months of supervised diet, now I have completed that and am waiting. How long does it take for the insurance company to decide?? So did you just find out that your son was engaged or are you in the process of planning a wedding? When my daughter got married my ex-sister-n-law, (a great friend) came from NC to help me. Everytime something "screwed up" she would say, "calm down, we are just making memories". My mother was ready to kill her but she was right. We sit back and laugh about all the mistakes and enjoy the memories. Enjoy it and have too much fun in Nashville. They have a Coyote Ugly bar there and the bar people, (men and women) get on the bar and dance. They are braver then I!!

PJ

I'll have to check the bar out, LOL, I'm with you no dancing on bars for me, I might break them. So good to find neighbors on here. Forever I was about the only Kentucky person on here and I got to here all of the Kentucky Fried chicken jokes, these people are soooo funny. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me. The surgery is a breeze and so is recovery.

Combsie, I had mine done in Mexico and it was a wonderful wonderful experience. Dr. Sanchez is one of the most if not the most experienced doctor there is with putting in lapbands. He started in 1985 and has done more than 7000. If you would like any info please pm me I would be more than happy to answer them.

Okay, Kentucky folks, let's not be strangers.

DouglasP13, what do you do that requires a 14 hour shift? I have had all my test done, completed those by February of 2006. At that time my doctor's office first submitted the info to the insurance co and they responded by saying I needed 6 months of supervised diet. Now I have completed that. I don't want to pay for this myself but I will if I have to.

PJ

Hey PJ! Well, as far as what I do, I am the music director at a church. We had an 8: 30 Mass, 11:30 Mass, and a 5:00 p.m. Mass. We had a meeting in the afternoon for an upcoming retreat, then the youth had the life night that I had to attend. So I get to church by 7:00 in the morning, and I get done by 9:00 at night. Lovely day! Long hours, but not hard work at all. I love what I do. I'm also a private music instructor during the week, so I keep very busy. Anyway, I had a few tests today, and that went well. Lots of fun.

Sounds like a fun position, a full day, (hope they are not all like that) and fulfilling work. You make me feel lazy, I am an 8 - 4:30 person then come home and complain on how tired I am. Hopefully that will stop after I lose 50 or 69 lbs. My husband is on disability due to MS and he does the majority of running for the house. He draws the line at cooking and only cooks (or orders out) 2 times per week. So I don't have to come home to clean and only cook a couple times a week. Yep, I think I am lazy!!

PJ

I am thinking of using Caritas. Dr. Lusco. I have been to the Seminar....but was frustrated when I heard that the insurance company would require 6months of doctor supervised dieting...I've done years of it....and now to wait 6 more months seems like a pain. It seems that I have made up my mind, and so they should approve it. Pretty arrogant huh? You would think that the insurance companies would see the cost of the diseases of the obese, and would be clamoring at the chance tp pay for lap banding.

I gues I need to apply, and begin my 6 mos of dieting. I would love to hear from Carmeldiva...she sounds like she has had a great success story.:rolleyes

KYGAL

Hey PJ! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, long weekend, I'll fill in the blanks in my journal in a few minutes. But I'm back, and excited about another day and another test closer. I have my psych eval tomorrow. I'm gonna cross my fingers on that one, and so am I, oh yeah, me too. Oops, there go those voices again. Oh well, at least I have studied for this test. I even have a cheat sheet. As far as my job, all days aren't like that, just the Sundays, but it's easy work, mostly playing piano at church, and singing. Not too terribly stressful. Well, i'm gonna go do some journalling, lots to write. Talk to you soon.

By the way, my sister has m.s. as well, I know how hard that can get. You are both in my prayers.

I am going to see dr. Olsafka in two weeks. I aminterested to see how quickly this will happen. It seems like it took me forever to make up my mind, but now I feel ready.

:)

Hi, I'm a kentuckian, I'm going to Louisville, just don't know which doctor yet. It's either Allen, or two other doctors at the Norton Pavilon hospital. I'm just now starting. I'm just wondering what my ins. will pay, I have Humana/medicare and since they've changed everything, I'm not sure of anything. But I'm giving it my best. I have a BMI of 45, and sleep problems but no apnea. I have had 4 back surgeries, that has left me disabled. Any suggestions or comments here would be great.

Lydia

Hi,, I'm from KY,,, I'm going to Louisville, that is as soon as they process everything. I've sent in my packet and went to the seminar, but haven't seen a doc. yet. If your in Louisville, or any of you, I'm planning on going to Dr. Allen or one of his group.. maybe I'll see some of you there.

Lydia

Welcome Lydia! Glad to meet another Kentuckian. We are few and far between! Good luck in your process. I also am in Western KY, a little town called Hopkinsville. A far drive from Louisville.

PA

Hello, you all fellow Kentucky banders. I had my surgery on 11-17-06 in Paducah, Ky. I have lost 33 pounds and I have 60 to go. I look forward to reading and learning from you all.