Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Out There?!?

That cool, Hey my email is Desiree405@aol.com. I would like to keep in touch if thats ok. Are you on the the liquid diet now? If so what can you have and how long do u have to be on it?

I went for my last doctor supervised diet visit today and will have my psych eval tomorrow....then I guess I just wait.

I am so ready...I began with the seminar last november....seems like it has been two years.

I had my surgery in NOV 06 I have lost about 75 lbs. Dr Olsofka in Louisville did mine. I was self pay my insurance anthem at the time would not pay. It has been great Dr. O has been wonderful as well as the girls @ STS. Marys. I thought it would be forever but it finally happened and I have no regrets only that I didn' t do it sooner. Thanks StephanieZ

Wow, Stephaniez that gives me hope that I can lose 100lbs before my wedding. Have you been exercising alot? If so what kind?

Well, my psych eval took about 5 minutes. I suppose now I am just waiting on insurance. I am really hoping for september, not October....Its crazy that they make youw ait so long, but I think it has helped me get my head on straight, and mentally prepare myself.

I seen the pych on June 15th, nut. on the 24th. My paper work was sent to insurance company on July 11. I am scheduled for Aug 15. I really dont think thats tooo bad. Good luck.

I am wondering the same thing KYangel. I turned mine in on October 1st and still nothing, I decided to go with Dr. Geller. he is very easy to get in contact with thru email so I thought I would be more comfortable with him.

I finally heard from Norton's regarding my paparwork. They left me a message voicing they were currently looking at my paperwork and will be calling me within a week or so. Of course, I do not know what "or so" means. I had called them to tell them that our insurance is changing companies and I want to get something done before the first of the year. I do not know if the new insurance will pay. Going from Humana to Anthem.:boink:

Hopefully you will hear from them soon.:xena_banana:

HI, I'm from Northern Ky, about 20 Min's from Cincinnati Ohio.

I will be seeing Dr Sonnanstine on 10/28

This is my first visit.

I also have United Health care & they cover 90%

HELLO! Is anyone out there?

I know there has been about 400 Lap Bands done by the surgeons group I am looking into using, does anyone in the Kentucky Area have any comments or suggestions about their physicican?

Where in ky are you

Hi all! I live in southern Indiana...right across the river. I am in the process of doing my research and trying to figure out who to go to and if my insurance will pay. So far I am thinking about Louisville Bariatrics where Dr Lusco and several other surgeons perform the surgery. My insurance is Anthem BCBS and they DO cover bariatric surgery including the lap band. My BMI is 35.4 so I am under the 40 that is required. They do pay for it though with other co morbidities. They say one co morbidity and I have three. Gerd, high cholesteral, and foot problems. I am so hoping I will be covered. I wanted to ask....did you have to pay upfront money before insurance kicked in? I notice some places charge 300.00 for this and 200.00 for that before you even get your surgery. That one place called RightWeigh or whatever...they say NO upfront charges...just what the insurance will pay is what they will take. But they don't mention their surgeons on their webpage. Makes me wonder if they are like a band factory where you lie on a conveyor belt and go through the banding process like branding cattle. I don't want to go to a place where I don't feel safe! Any opinions?

I am going through St. Mary's program as well. I thought you had to pay the $4k upfront on your second visit with the doctor. I have already paid the $100 and I believe I have to pay the $4,000 next visit and then get my insurance to pay me. I may be wrong here but that is what I thought.