Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Just registered on the other site. WAY easier than this one has become. Waiting for activation.

:woot: yay!!

Good morning everyone!

I am gonna try to post the same thing (copy it) on both places so I do not have to remember what I said, lol.

I wish the members did not have to get approved before they can post, sure would make the transistion easier. I sent Debbie and Angela the links to both places so they can find us. I wish I knew Shars e-mail address.

Who else?

Today dd comes home from my sisters house. she recieved a gift card for walgreens (her fav store. she says it smells good when youfirst walk in there, lol). So, as soon as she gets home I am sure she will want to go shop. We have a walgreens right around the corner so it makes it really convenient. There is a Criss Angel Magic kit she wants from there but i told her that santa will prob get it for her. Gosh I hope they have one tomorrow when we get paid. lol I looked yesterday and they still have about 4 so I am hoping there is not a rush of folks looking for them today.

I am NOT getting on the scales for about at least 3 or 4 days so I wont have to see the weight gain. Time to get back down to business!

Have a great day friends.

Morning.

Feel like garbage. I hope I can kick the majority of this junk by the weekend. We're leaving for Disneyland on Sunday! DD is pretty sick too but she's not letting it slow her down much. Kids! LOL!

Tracy, thanks for letting Debbie and Angela know what's going on. Hopefully Shar checks in soon.

Have a great day!

Hi! Good grief! I hope I'm doing this right! I hope everybody is doing all right, though it seems like you all are.

Tracy, thank you so much for the emails. I'm going to check out the other site, because this is really frustrating, not blind friendly--or sighted either for that matter--at all. And what's with this "pip" thing? I have to down arrow to get to the actual posts, I can't just click on stuff.

All right, enough bitching. I'm not even sure if I've read everybody's posts.

I played for a fundraiser last night. A friend of mine sang, and I played for another guy who has the most beautiful voice! He told me I was a dream!

Michelle, I wanted to pm you but since Kat didn't get Suzie's pm, I'm afraid now. I'm sorry to hear about your DD.

Tracy I read that horrible letter from your sister, and there really aren't words to describe someone who could be that mean spirited. She really must be a very unhappy person, and your response to her makes you truly wonderful, even though that has to hurt.

Kat did you get to see the movie?

Suzie, only two days to be lazy?

Hey Jenn, Angela, Shar, Ashley, Plain and Terri.

Thank you all for the understanding about navigating this site. You really all an awesome group!

Debbie

Debbie, so glad to finally hear from you. I was really getting worried. That was such a nice compliment from the singer. Pat yourself on the back.

Today I getting a few things done. Only a few more things to do but I'm taking a break right now and watching "Julie & Julia". What a really cute movie.

Hubby just went in to take a nap so all quiet here. He'll be back to football soon enough.

Michelle, I hope you guys have a great time at Disneyland. I know we did back in Sept. Take lots of pics.

Back to my movie.

I have had a horrendous day. I know I sent an e-mail to my oldest sister forgiving her but there is something I am really struggling with. I had a complete meltdown on the phone with my mom today. I knew I needed to open my heart up because i was so stressed that my heart has been skipping beats.

In a nutshell, their thanksgiving went OK. Everybody faked it in front of her. I know i said I did not want anyone to choose sides but darnit, I want someone to stand up for me. If she would have said such hateful things to anyone of them I would have told her that was an ugly hearted thing to do. I would have confronted her on their behalf. I just do not understnad how after all the years and all of the various hurtful things she has done, they are still willing to overlook it. Even overlook something of this magnitude. I feel betrayed by them for not having my back. By them not saying anything to her it is like giving a green light to do/say whatever she wants.

Well, I told mother all of this on the phone through hysterical tears. I have not cried that hard in years. I told her that maybe, just MAYBE, if we stand together as a whole and say "that is SO not cool to say such hurtful things to our sister/daughter", it may have some kind of impact. I believe there should be consequences for her actions. At the very least, be held accountable.

My mom agrees with me. As much as she wanted to keep peace, she had to admit that I was right. I told her (mom) that i do not want an apology. I just want her to recognize that it is MY family too and they do not appreciate what she said.

Anyway, sorry about the rant.

A xanax later, I am alot better. Thanks for listening.

Happy Anniversary Michelle!

Deb...good to see your post!! Hope to see you on the other side :)

Yay! Debbie found her way back!! WhooHoo!!!!

Debbie, we'll be okay. Just tired of being sick. I love that the singer thought so highly of you. How wonderful!

Suzanne, we can't wait. We love it there and are looking forward to introducing DD to it! Just gotta remember TAKE the camera, let alone USE it!!! I am so bad!!

Tracy, i think your mom at the very least should have said something. You both are her children, she is STILL the mother. She shoulda had a "come to Jesus" talk with her!

Have a great night!

I give up! What do I have to do to send my damn reply

I've been trying to post all day, and I guess this site doesn't like me any more, because it doesn't accept anything I write! GRRR!!!

Anyway, thanks to everybody for support and concern.

Not only did that guy say I played like a dream, but he gave me several long hugs. That was nice. I gave him my business card. You never know.

I tried to register on the other site, and I guess you have to match characters or something? It said that the "string" I'd entered didn't match, so I'm going to have someone help me figure it out. *sigh*

My Thanksgiving was nice. I went to my sister's. We had dinner, then went to a friend's house and she gave us food to take home. I had a spoonful of nasty banana pudding, and I thought of you, Cindy, because one of your first posts that I read was about making some.

I'm going to try this again. Maybe it doesn't like long posts? I don't know!!

Deb?

Debbie, I'm sorry you're having problems. We all are!

Glad you had a nice t-day. Sorry about the pudding. Blech! Hopefully you can get some help with signing up on the other site. Once you're on, I think you'll like it. Much like this one USED to be but a lot more user-friendly. I can't post over there yet. I'll try again tonight but waiting for approval, I guess. Don't worry, I'll stick around long enough to make sure we are all over to the new place before I jump ship. Shar hasn't posted in a few days so I'm not sure she knows what's going on yet.

Hope you have a good night and a good Monday!

Debbie, so glad you had a good T-day And that you also got to bring some leftovers home. That's the one bad thing about not having it at your place, no leftovers to snack on later in the day. My sister brought stuff home from the dinner they went to and it was really good. Just wish she wouldn't have brought the 2 pies home. LOL.

Hopefully it won't take long for you to come over to the other site. Untill then we are having a challenge. Our challenge is to lose weight during the holidays. Starting Dec. 1st. thru the 30th. the goal is to lose weight. It doesn't matter how much, you can set your own goal like maybe 4 pounds. It's going to be tough to do with all the goodies of the holiday but I know it can be done. I did it the first year I was banded.

We had a great football weekend in our house. All of our teams won. We are enjoying it while it last.

Cold today and they are now calling for a major storm towards next weekend. Should be our first chance at a major snow fall.

Have a great day.

I'm here....this site is ridiculous!! I am way over it.

I joined the other site...just waiting for approval. It sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It turns out I really did injure my back. I spent the entire week last week moving like a turtle with my butt sticking out. This shall pass too, right??

See ya on the other side!

Angela

I agree Angela!!! If I'm not plugged in on my laptop, this site now drains 30% of my battery in a matter of just MINUTES!!! As soon as we are all over on the other site, I'm outta here!

I'm going to go try to find a post of Shar's and PM her and see if that works. I know Kat was having trouble with it. Don't want to leave Shar behind tho! Maybe Trey will come over too. I'll miss him if he doesn't!

Still not activated on the other site. Hopefully soon.

Suzie, I need to get on the ball w/my weight too. I need to actually work on it. Hard when I feel like crap all the time but that's really no excuse either. Just me being lazy!