Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good Morning Girls, My two days of laziness are over with. Back to work this morning. It's only a 3 hour shift but I have to get up and move. And on top of it, it's really cold here this morning. Brrrrrrr.

Jenn, you amaze me. You've gotten so involved with the FD. I've seen them all dressed up in their outfits and that seems like such a chore to just put all that stuff on, let alone have to move around in it. How do they kneel down and get back up??? Hope your dd gets to feeling better soon.

Michelle, Did you guys just have a storm or getting ready to have one. Supposedly it is headed this way. Not sure how much precip we are supposed to get. They aren't sure if we will get rain or snow yet.

The Weather people are saying our first measurable amount of snow will be Dec. 4th. Oh great, not only is that the day that hubby is being accepted into church but it is also our 28th wedding anniversary. So right now we are not making any plans for dinner yet. We will wait and see what goes on. I'm holding out hope that the bad weather will hold off for a day or two.

Kat and Tracy. I haven't talked to Janie in a very long time. I've been thinking about her alot here lately. Think I will give her a call and see if she wants to meet up in Columbia. The last 2 years we have done that in November and did shopping while we were there. I feel like such a heal for not calling her to do it this year. Time has just gotten away from me. She is just one of the sweetest people I have met in a long time.

Have a great day everyone and I will check in later today.

I'm registered on the other site under the same name as here. I'm waiting for approval!

My brother didn't tell me that yesterday at 2:00, we were supposed to eat with dad for Thanksgiving. I was at work. Thankfully my dad understood. So Jason and I went over to his house after I got off work. My step-mom makes a to-die-for red velvet cake. She made one just for Jason because he likes it so much. So we brought 2 pieces home. I really don't need it.

I'm working today. DH is gone to watch a hill climb race in Talladega, Alabama. I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. lol No telling when he'll be back. I felt so bad for him last night. He brought down my Christmas tree. But somewhere in the move, we lost the metal stand. And then he accidently pulled a limb out. Yes, I was disappointed, but I tried to hold it together for him because I could tell he felt so bad. But I found a new stand this morning! And I told him that where he pulled the limb out, we will stick it in the back where no one can see it. Or I will go buy little presents to stuff in between the branches to fill up the holes. So, when I get home, I will be putting the Christmas tree together, fluffing it, and letting it fall so I can decorate it! I absolutely despise fluffing the tree! I'm horrible at it. Maybe I can talk my mother-in-law into coming and helping me! haha

Well, I hope you all have a great day! The weather is beautiful here in SE Tennessee! It's cold, but the sky is blue and the sun is shining!!!!!

Debbie e-mailed me and is confused about the new layout. That seriously pisses me off that this happened. I am going to try everything I can to get a new one on the other and I will let you all know how it goes. If YOU can do one, do it and let me know. After it is set up I will e-mail debbie back and give her the link.

I sent the webmaster a request for us to have our thread there. I will let you know when I hear something.

I sent the webmaster a request for us to have our thread there. I will let you know when I hear something.

I still don't have approval yet. unsure.gif

Hey y'all!

We survived Black Friday! We left about 3:30 AM, shopped for several hours, then had to bring some things home, we went to a little Bistro here in town and had breakfast---they have homemade everything! OMgosh it is sooo good! They slice big slabs of homemade bread for the toast. I used to order an extra....now I cut mine in half, give half to Rick, and still never finish my half. It is sooooo good! LOL

Then we went back did some more shopping, finally come home and vegged out. We went to bed early, were planning a great day----and he got called out to work. Doesn't it figure??? Oh well----hope he makes it home early enough this afternoon for us to catch the movie we want to go see.

He told me to take Manda and go to Burlesque, but she is sick, she has the stomach bug that seems to be everywhere right now. Poor thing. I bought some of her Christmas for her yesterday since she couldn't get out there. We are also doing Kinsey's birthday, which is in a few days, and I was doing some for Manda who has a birthday tomorrow. Then maybe I can concentrate on Christmas!

As for the other site---if they question the influx---I think a simple explanation will take care of everything quickly. Like I said they used to be members here too----moderators, very involved, supportive members. The only reason I chose to stay here, well I go back and forth, have all along. But I spent more time here, because it was busier, faster, and I got more response to my questions etc. Which was what I wanted, and needed at the time, I was looking for what I have now with all of you! Now, other than to attempt to help moderate, I mostly stay with y'all here, and chat occasionally in other rooms with friends. Which I can still do----BUT I never know when they say anything to me anymore. So, that is not an issue anymore.

Anyway---it is (or was when I used to know more about it) a married couple who run the other site, and they have a family---so let the holiday settle and I would imagine there will be response and approval.

I will go see if you have a thread yet Tracy and see if who I knew is still around.

If anyone see's Debbie or anyone else, don't forget to let them know-----I wil message Terri---but I am not sure if we are getting notification of all messages or not. Ihave members pissed off saying they PM'd me, and I have got nothing from them. So who knows. And remember it is not .com it is .net. That is where I always lost them!!! LOL

Kat, I pm'd you about 5 days ago and you have never answered. I'm taking it that you didn't get it. That's ok, nothing important. I was chatting about the conversation we had on FB. I may just call you tomorrow at home.

I tried to figure out how to start a thread over there. I'll still work on it.

Poor Debbie. That really pisses me off. Like she doesn't have enough of a hard time manuvering her way thru here. Tracy, tell her I miss her and hope we get to chat with her soon.

Ashley, how about a bird's nest or something like that in the bare spot. Or get a small bush of poinsettia to stick in there. I bet the fluffing would really help with that though. I agree, I hate to fluff also.

No Suzanne, I did not get it.......so sorry!

I sent the owner of the other site a PM letting her know of the influx, and to assure her we are not all transferring over due to some big blow up that required members being banned or anything. I have not heard back from her. Not sure where to start the thread at over there----I saw Tracy there, and Ashley.....so.......spread the word. And Suzanne, you or anyone else can call me anytime!

It is under the same title over there, under support groups. Oooops not under support-----under clubs and groups. Same name for me.

I found it and posted. Added it to my favorites. Now I can float back and forth.

I went over to the other site and posted. I love the lay out. No adds on the side. Love it.

What's on the agenda for tomorrow???

Michelle, your dd doing any better? I hope so.

Well, I have an account over there, but it won't let me log in. So, until I can get it straight, I will keep in touch here or on fb. This sucks!angry.gif

PISSED!!!!

I was on real quick this AM and it didn't show any new posts after mine last night! Get back on now and there are posts after mine AND from last night and this AM before I'd checked in!!!!

I'm heading over to the other site to check it out and register. I'm not very surprised that Debbie is having problems. I hate that she is. I am having problems and I can see what the hell I'm doing!!!!! I can only imagine how frustrated she is.

DD is doing okay. She's stuffy, coughing a little. I'm a mess! All head stuff. YUCK! Been doing saline washes to try to help. It does but only for a little bit. Got a lot of gunk in there! Double YUCK!

Have a great night!