Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

Not feeling hungry is this normal? I feel like I should eat but not feel hungry.

Not feeling hungry is this normal? I feel like I should eat but not feel hungry.

your insides are still swollen and sore -- including your new stoma and band area. just try to get in some liquids to stay hydrated.

good luck.

hi everyone i was banded on the 27th so i am three days out of surgery feeling quite rough and soar but fluids are going down very well just wish i could get rid of all this wind under my ribs it makes breathing hard at times as it is pushing everything up wards

My surgery was Nov. 19th. I have my first post-op doc appt. Friday Dec. 10th. I have been struggling with "am I losing enough weight" and "should I feel full" stuff like that...

Stacy

Day 4 is here... and still some pain by the port and gas pain in left and right shoulders. I feel hungry, but I'm going to get some popsicles to try and combat that. This morning when brushing my teeth I forgot and swallowed a bit more Water than I wanted to, and it hurt for a second but after that I was fine.

I had some low-sodium beef broth last night which I added onions to to give it some more flavor, then I removed the onions before drinking (I gave them to my roommate to use in a recipe). Now I'm sipping on the rest of it... I feel really hungry, but it seems I can't sip fast enough to get rid of it.

Hello How are all the November 2009 Bandsters doing? I was banded on November 9th and doing pretty good. I am on the pureed/mushy stage. Anyone have any good ideas on what to eat?

Hi, This is Mark, I was in the next room from you in Tijuana. I hope you are feeling well. I flew home to Florida on Monday and truthfully, except for my throat being a little raw I have no pain at all. I lost almost 20 lbs from the preop diet and have lost another 10 since Friday. I just hope it continues. Terri says "hi"

Mark

That previous message was for YAYA!

I had my surgery on the 19th and am on the Puree now and in a few days on the solid phase and can't wait. I'm already putting together a menu plan . I was in heaven this morning when I ate eggs.I also am having trouble sleeping but it is not about pain as I have none now (finally). I guess I am also one of the lucky ones as I had little to none in bruising. The bandages are off and the scares looks clean and healed. I can lay on my stomach but don't know if I am allowed yet. I woke up this past Sunday feeling like my old self again. Only when I drink too fast do I feel the restriction. I have not had any fills yet. I hope it will get better soon for you. Why not call your doctor or the facility that did your surgery and check to make sure everything is alright? :smile:

hi i was banded on the 27th i am still on the Fluid stage but i hate the way it makes me feel i have diareha because no solids going down cant wait for food stage is this normal to have runs on the fluids stage or should i be going to see my doctor.

I had nothing or the runs during the Fluid stage. You have to remember you are not taking in any solids or waste so bowels will be different. Even on solids, I am not passing every day like I used to.

hi i was banded on the 27th i am still on the Fluid stage but i hate the way it makes me feel i have diarrhea because no solids going down cant wait for food stage is this normal to have runs on the fluids stage or should i be going to see my doctor.

Completely normal and OH SO DISGUSTING :P

My surgery was Nov 20 and I am still supposed to be on full liquid... however I have had a couple days where I had a mushy (like mashed sweet potatoes or applesauce)

The potty issues get better once you have not-so-liquidy food. Ever since I "cheated" by having a day with mushies, I have not had the crazy diarrhea. And the gas went away... the stupid broth is just really bad for the gas & runs I guess? :tongue2: I know it is not good to go against doctor's orders, but I have no regrets because I feel 100% better now that I am not blowing up the bathroom every 20 minutes. :nono:

thanks i am going to try some mushy food tonight and see how i get on i am allowed to go onto pured food on friday anyway so i cant see a day making a hughe difference i think my family will be pleased as well no more mum running out of the lounge lol well i would if i could run just eating chicken Soup at the moment i darent weigh myself in case i havent lossed anything

thanks i am going to try some mushy food tonight and see how i get on i am allowed to go onto pured food on friday anyway so i cant see a day making a hughe difference i think my family will be pleased as well no more mum running out of the lounge lol well i would if i could run just eating chicken Soup at the moment i darent weigh myself in case i havent lossed anything

This past saturday I made what I called "cream of thanksgiving soup" :tongue2: where I boiled the veggies to over-cooked and then threw them in the blender with turkey (also some leftover chicken) and a cup of Water, a bouillon packet and mashed potatoes... blended it up... it was yummy. :P

Hi November buddies, I got my band on Nov 30th. I'm still in pain but it is getting better everyday. I can't believe that I don't feel any hunger at all. I'm still doing Clear Liquids. Anyway, I lost 6lbs on my pre-op diet and now I'm down 9lbs.