Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

Thanks counselor-is-in. I haven't weighed in since the 21st of October. I probably won't weight in again until the 19th which is my two week visit. I'm trying not to concentrate on my weight (I can become OC). Hope that this is enough. If not, let me know and I can go weigh in and update.

:)

LBT Name: Soon2B2LittleE

Height: 6'0

Surgery date: 11/3/09

Starting Weight: 386

Surgery Weight: UKN (374 on 10/21/09)

Current Weight: UKN

I got a call today from one of the nurses- they said I had to come in for 2nd blood-work cuz mine was past 60 days. At the same time I'll go in to see the anesthetist too. it's scheduled on the day before my surgery. Will I find out quickly if I'll be clear to go in surgery on the next day? I didn't want to be sucker to show up for surgery just to find I'm not cleared for it?

I'm hoping I'll be cleared for Tues! I'm dying!!!!

I fell off my pre-op diet today :*( I tried so hard not to... now I'm regretting it.

*sigh* tomorrow's a new day...

Hello Ladies I am being banded on the 9th of November and I am so excited like a child gets the day before Christmas excited.

How exciting to start a new life and look forward to so many things I haven't done in years like not having to wear a seat belt extender or cross your legs although I am pretty short lol.

Good luck to you all !!!!

:)

Hello All,

my surgery date is set for Nov 18th, so I'm on my Liquid Protein diet right now and the first 3 days were a real challenge. the forth day is not so so bad. Any ideas on more ways to get my Protein in by liquid form. cuz i am almost burnt out on the taste of Protein Powder and 2% milk, lite orange juice etc.

If your bood test was fine before I wouldn't be concerned, it is just a routine check. Do your best to stay on your diet. You will be fine and on the otherside before you know it:thumbup:

Good Luck to you!

I got a call today from one of the nurses- they said I had to come in for 2nd blood-work cuz mine was past 60 days. At the same time I'll go in to see the anesthetist too. it's scheduled on the day before my surgery. Will I find out quickly if I'll be clear to go in surgery on the next day? I didn't want to be sucker to show up for surgery just to find I'm not cleared for it?

I'm hoping I'll be cleared for Tues! I'm dying!!!!

I fell off my pre-op diet today :*( I tried so hard not to... now I'm regretting it.

*sigh* tomorrow's a new day...

Hi, l woke up today 2 days after surgery, all is well,just some minor stomach and neck pain and my stomach is gurgling alot this morning. So any tips, l'm just sticking to what they say to do and eat and must have some luck on my side as well

LBT Name: Bundy

Height: 179 cm/ 5'11

Surgery date: 11/06/09

Starting Weight: 135.6kg/298.3lb

Surgery Weight: 128.7/283.1lb

Current Weight: 128.1/281.8

Edited by Bundy

I was banded yesterday!! Overnight in hosp cuz my oxygen saturation rates dropped to 50! This is because I have lung disease too. Sore today, but not nearly as yesterday:cool:

Hello everyone,

My surgery date is November 20. I was required to lose 15 lbs and my weigh in is this Tuesday, and I have 6 lbs to go. I am very excited but getting nervous also.

Hi, l woke up today 2 days after surgery, all is well,just some minor stomach and neck pain and my stomach is gurgling alot this morning. So any tips, l'm just sticking to what they say to do and eat and must have some luck on my side as well

LBT Name: Bundy

Height: 179 cm/ 5'11

Surgery date: 11/06/09

Starting Weight: 135.6kg/298.3lb

Surgery Weight: 128.7/283.1lb

Current Weight: 128.1/281.8

Good for you Bundy, I slept for 2 days too took advantage of DH home... didn't worry about a thing. Stomach OMG is cracking me up it is SO noisey..... keep putting the liquids in. I have been eating regular popsicles (gives me much needed glucose) and sf Jello I don't do sugar in tea or anything else. I am not hungry yet dispite my noisy belly ....

I am excited I can have milk and my Protein Drinks tomorrow, YEAH THAT MEANS MY DECAFE coffee . I turn them in to mocha and vanilla latte with the Isopure powder he hehe

I was banded yesterday!! Overnight in hosp cuz my oxygen saturation rates dropped to 50! This is because I have lung disease too. Sore today, but not nearly as yesterday:cool:

Glad you are feeling better CoconutLatte!

Had my surgery Nov 5th.. got home yesterday around 4:30. Feeling pretty good. Just a little tired. Taking my meds and drinking plenty of fluids.

Walking as soon as I could after getting in my hospital room definitely helped the gas pain in my shoulder go away! Living on broth, crystal lite, and Protein drinks for now. Looking forward to mushy stage!

Good luck everyone. One thing I brought to the hospital that was great was flavored (grape/coke) lip balm. Since you can only have ice chips the day after surgery - it was a godsend!:w00t:

Dear November Knockouts:

I am writing from my hospital bed. Ah, the wonders of a Netbook and wireless internet. I had my surgery at 8:30 this morning and all went great. Dr. Lufti wanted to try a new-ish procedure on me, so he only went through my bellybutton. I have no incisions at all. My tummy is pretty tender, but with the ice pack and some pretty good drugs, I'm feeling fine. And with no stitches, I should heal much faster. Also, I'm not sure if it's the drugs, but so far any pain from the gas is minimal. Of course, there's a real possibility it will be tougher tomorrow. I've been walking about quite a bit, too, so that should help.

The hardest part is no food or Water until tomorrow morning. I know Drs. are different, and mine is very cautious about when I can first consume anything. So I start out early tomorrow with a barium GI, then I can have my first Clear Liquids tray. The first I'll have since midnight last night. I hardly talk my throat and mouth are so dry. Otherwise, this hasn't been difficult at all. My sweet husband came in with a wrapped present; it was a Kitchen Aid immulsion blender. So now we can puree just about anything...and will.

Sending lots of best wishes and congrats to my fellow November 4th bandsters. And anyone else this week and month. I'm so looking forward to my new, thinner life, and yours too.

Thanks for the update and congrats on starting your journey. I hope all continues to go well for you.

Barb

Hey there Knockouts! I saw on another User Group post that someone had created a spreadsheet for their "month" and all the LPTers getting banded. I am attempting to do the same, to share with everyone. If you want to be included, please reply to this post with the following: (I've used my info)

LBT Name: counselor - is - in

Height: 5'5

Surgery date: Nov 18

Starting Weight: 293.6 (before pre-op diet, etc)

Surgery Weight: (unknown right now)

Current Weight: 291.0

Once I get it all figured out, Ill post for everyone (Knockouts) to look check. We can update it monthly.

LBT Name: myqueen80

Height: 5'2 1/2

Surgery date: Nov 9

Starting Weight: 236

Surgery Weight: ?

Current Weight: 232

Thanks for your efforts. I look forward to the chart. Good luck:)

Hope you continue to feel well.

Tomorrow's the day (Nov. 9) and I'm soooo excited. A little nervous, too. More afraid of the post-op gas than anything else.

I keep thinking about that mantra from the 70's (yes, I'm that old :w00t:). "Today is the first day of the rest of your life". A life with a little less pain, a little less medication, a little less exertion and a lot more living.

Good luck to all my fellow November Knockouts! See you on the flip-side.

Barb